Miriam Death Of A Reality Star

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Part 1/3 was last night and I have binged watched all 3 as I couldn't wait until tonight and tomorrow night. It was a different time twenty years ago, but it doesn't excuse how all involved were treated. The guys were embarrassed and Miriam got so much abuse. Episode 3 shows a lot of celebrities in a bad light from how they spoke about her back then. It's tragic she died so young when she had finally found her happiness.

Reactions: 8
I wasn’t expecting any of the men from the show to be on it. I found the female producer very cold and cruel in her words

Reactions: 12
So glad there is a thread on this…. It’s actually wild. I didn’t watch the sky series but have vague recollections of it. I’m on episode 2 now.
---
I wasn’t expecting any of the men from the show to be on it. I found the female producer very cold and cruel in her words
I’d be scared to speak that way on national tv… has she not seen how JK Rowling etc get targeted.

Reactions: 2
Just watched the whole thing and it’s just so sad! Also crazy how Miriam was spoken about and treated back then. The arguments about trans rights are so heated these days that I think we can forget that we have come a very long way in the last 20 years in terms of how trans people are spoken about and treated generally. Not saying it’s perfect now but some of the press coverage back then was hideous and dehumanising.

I just finished watching this. It is very sad what happened to her tho I have to say I have sympathy for the guys. Even Miriam purposely misled them about being trans, the whole point being to have this big ‘reveal’ to see their reactions. I just don’t agree with that at all. Also, the guys they chose were all young lads so how did they expect them to react?! The whole thing was so wrong on so many levels

Reactions: 18
I don’t think she was being deliberately malicious in misleading them. Like the psychologist said she was trying to think everything would be completely fine and they’d accept her

I saw this programme advertised and watched it out of curiosity as although I'd also seen the original advertised 20+ years ago, I didn't watch it.

Edited. Sorry, posted a spoiler.

Reactions: 1
I’ve only watched the first episode. Miriam was extremely beautiful it’s sad how it ended for her.
The whole premise of the show was distasteful and like others have mentioned it was a different time 20 years ago even though some attitudes are still the same.
Brave of the two men to speak out about their experience.
The lack of consent is unreal ,the producers knowing that things would kick off and possibly even get violent towards Miriam.
I think there is also a podcast about Miriam ? I vaguely recall seeing it on Apple Podcasts

Reactions: 5
Also, the conversations & language re women from a couple of these lads at the beginning of the first show (including from the one Miriam ended up choosing, I may add ...) was worrying. Is it any wonder some parents want to lock their daughters up until they're 50! o_O

And yes, @misunderstood - Miriam was indeed very beautiful, naturally beautiful, from a very young age. As her friend Nikki (she from 90 Day Fiance fame) remarked, unlike a lot of trans women, she didn't need much, if any, surgery at all to look so feminine and gorgeous - apart from the boob job.

So sad and tragic how her life ended.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think she was being deliberately malicious in misleading them. Like the psychologist said she was trying to think everything would be completely fine and they’d accept her
But if the producer Remy, had thought it would be really fine.....why on earth did he chose to keep it such a big secret? And put such emphasis on the big reveal at the end!!! Sorry I think he did it deliberately to get attention for Sky programmes, and didnt care less about Miriam or the contestants! I was pleased the guys took the show to court and got some vindication for being used and lied to. And it was the lies and abuse of trust that was so awful

Miriam had such a tragic life though. However, Im not sure how it linked that closely to the original TV show? Miriam was the one who chose to go back to the US and Mexico, and to get involved with sex work and the drugs scene in Las Vegas.
Maybe one of her friends should have suggested that Miriam should sue the production team as well as the guys, but presumably Miriam got paid for doing the show? and paid for the publicity tour afterwards?

Reactions: 11
Absolutely tragic. Although I never watched it at the time, I remember it being on and I know I remember thinking as a teenager it seemed unethical. The boys and her were horribly cheated. The boys that appeared seemed so mature about it all now. I wonder how the others that didn't appear feel.

It's interesting that her loved ones are split on if it was murder or suicide. Her Dad at the end was so broken, bless him.

The producer was vile, so cold. Absolutely still didn't give a tit.

Reactions: 10
I am currently on episode two. The whole format of the show was very dark and distasteful. I really did feel for both parties the male contestants had every right to feel angry. They have been misled and duped. Miriam was like a lamb to the slaughter getting put on a show with some Very alpha male characters.
Miriam wasn’t even from British culture and most of those lads were typical early 2000s lads lads so she probably didn’t know which way to take them.
The way they were speaking about her was very degrading too it was almost toxic the way lad culture was in the 90s and early 2000s imagine if lads were to talk about girls like that on Love Island that wouldn’t be okay for todays standards
In the early days of reality TV, it was all about shock value and high view and figures but all at the cost of the people who were taken apart it’s absolutely shocking to look back at now
Imagine you’re a red blooded male alpha male at that from let say Essex for instant getting shipped out of Ibiza to take part in a reality TV program hoping to get with some top class babe but everyone knows that she has male genitalia imagine knowing all your family and friends back home in Britain are also watching. I’m sorry but this is pure humiliation and deception

Reactions: 4
I forgot to add how the duck can someone compare Miriam to the late Dianna princess of Wales

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I do recall watching this back in 2004, it was quite ridiculous but typical of the era of reality shows.

Glad there has been a documentary made, though it’s very sad to learn of Miriam’s passing.

So pleased we live in different times now 🙏🏻

Reactions: 2