Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a guy…great article…has a girlfriend - thought he might be gay. Hope for me?!!
Thank you so much for posting this was really interesting! Do you mind if I post on another thread, its theme is very relevant! (‘Do I want it, do I need it?”).

Reactions: 3
Thank you so much for posting this was really interesting! Do you mind if I post on another thread, its theme is very relevant! (‘Do I want it, do I need it?”).
No, go for it!

In the autumn I am going to buy some winter stuff from Community Clothing. I love the ethos of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It's nearly that time of year when watching the show makes my sewing project list get longer and longer :ROFLMAO: I usually want to make at least one thing from each week.

Would anyone here want to go on the show?
I am quite a speedy sewist so I think I could give it a good go in terms of the timings and challenges, BUT I won't for 2 reasons. 1) I don't want my face on TV, I'm a bit of an ugly duckling and I don't want to see closeups of myself on TV, lol and 2) I like being anonymous. Most of the contestants now seem to become influencers afterwards and I can't be arsed with that life.

So, I will live vicariously through those that do go on TV :)

Reactions: 7
It's nearly that time of year when watching the show makes my sewing project list get longer and longer :ROFLMAO: I usually want to make at least one thing from each week.

Would anyone here want to go on the show?
I am quite a speedy sewist so I think I could give it a good go in terms of the timings and challenges, BUT I won't for 2 reasons. 1) I don't want my face on TV, I'm a bit of an ugly duckling and I don't want to see closeups of myself on TV, lol and 2) I like being anonymous. Most of the contestants now seem to become influencers afterwards and I can't be arsed with that life.

So, I will live vicariously through those that do go on TV :)
I can’t even sew a button. My TA at school ended up sewing my son’s cub badges when he was younger as she couldn’t bear to watch my botched attempts. I looove sewing bee though! Willing to receive a crash course from you if it gets me in close proximity to Patrick Grant 🤣

Reactions: 7
I can’t even sew a button. My TA at school ended up sewing my son’s cub badges when he was younger as she couldn’t bear to watch my botched attempts. I looove sewing bee though! Willing to receive a crash course from you if it gets me in close proximity to Patrick Grant 🤣
Indeed, I like Patrick :) So gentle!

Reactions: 4
Annie (winner of 2022 GBSB) has posted on Instagram to say she has lost her baby girl at full term. ☹

I feel so sorry for her because I can’t imagine how much she must be hurting. She came across as very thoughtful and sweet on the programme and I was so pleased that she won.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I can’t even sew a button.

You can sew buttons on? 😮

<looks down at tube of gorilla glue and silk shirt>

• Haha
Reactions: 8