Clarksons Farm - Amazon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me who feels like they should have got a second opinion re the pig Baroness. The vet said it was pneumonia then a week later when no better said the piglets might be dead and they needed to induce labour. But actually they were all born alive but just too soon and underdeveloped. And then Baroness was still unwell anyway. I understand probably the outcome would have been the same and it’s easy to say in hindsight but there didn’t seem to be much in the way of investigation when you consider the £600 vet bill for the other poorly pig (although maybe they learnt to avoid that now!)

Anyway echo what everyone else has said here. Cheerful Charlie is my absolute favourite with Lisa a close second for how willing she is to get stuck in. Does she have farming in the blood?

Reactions: 5
"Hello Piggies!" That's my new favourite Clarkson's farm expression, knocking "I did a thing!" into second place.

This show is so great. So what if a lot of it is staged? It's one of the best shows on TV - informative, funny, sad, beautiful scenery, gorgeous animals and a small but select group of very watchable characters. Not to mention the villains, the parish council (booooo).

I love that Lisa has been given more of a role this year. She is such a good foil to Jeremy, and it's great how she gets stuck into the farm work.

Piglets were adorable. It's so sad when you breed amimals and despite your best efforts, some of them just don't make it. We breed ducks, pheasants, quails and peacocks, and it makes you question everything you did when you lose the babies. You could see that they both loved the pigletd dearly. It's nice to see a softer side of Jeremy.

Thought the vet was a bit heartless with her words to poor Baroness though. "Time's up" 😬😬😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This show is so great. So what if a lot of it is staged?
I struggle to get into a lot of shows because I find it hard to get past the fact that they are very obviously set up. I'd love to be a kid again and believe everything I saw on TV was real... What a time :LOL: but I find with this, I don't care as I'm enjoying it anyway, and there's enough "real" to counteract the setups.

Reactions: 3
Definitely seen another side to Jeremy Clarkson, in that he genuinely cares about the animals etc

Definitely seen another side to Jeremy Clarkson, in that he genuinely cares about the animals etc
I think seeing him so upset was what made me upset. This big, gruff Yorkshireman who has made a career out of offending people, floored by a pig.

Reactions: 8
Jeremy is showing the side of farming people don’t get to see. Farmers most certainly do love their animals. You try not to name them or get close to them (but you do) because ultimately, you have to send them to the abattoir at some point. Even with dairy cattle, you know that when the cow is no longer breeding, it will no longer be producing milk and therefore, they have to go. Farmers are struggling enough as it is, they cannot afford to keep all of these animals alive when they are of no value. It’s heartbreaking and a reason I could never do it full time. Would quite happily be a part time farm hand but definitely couldn’t rear my own. I was a young farmer and hated the day they would go off on the lorry so purposely would not be there.

Reactions: 6
I think everyone sees Jeremy Clarkson as the loud, brash, ignorant character version of himself he's portrayed himself as on TG/TGT/his newspaper columns etc.

But when he steps away from that character, he is softer, kinder, and he's not anywhere near as ignorant as people think. He's quite an intelligent man.

Not to say he isn't still flawed and has his issues as a person. But he definitely isn't the full on caricature version he was on top gear

Why on earth are Amazon Prime including a warning for “sexual content”. Do they mean the pigs 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Finished it over the weekend. Really, really enjoyed it.

Had a little tear in my eye when Gerald thanked them all, including the camera crew. I’d already noticed when they “cheers’ed” that he’d gestured to the crew too.

I find them all so likeable and they do come across like a proper team. Really hoping to see more in the future. I think it’s one of my favourite things to watch 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Luca the cook/shop guy is very cute. 😆😍
---
The harvester Jeremy used for harvesting the nettles is something we've use at work as an emergency harvester, and let me tell you, what a bag of shite it is.

It's even from the same company Jeremy's came from.

Reactions: 2