Mel @mjbyrnex

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The beatings we’d get as a kid from parents and teachers 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I know it’s not funny and quite traumatic memories for some people so shouldn’t be laughed about but you’re so right, it was such a different time! Some of the stuff she mentioned in particular where she said her mom claimed that someone was coming to take her away if she was naughty and I thought but didn’t we all get told this like wasn’t it the norm to hear things like ‘the police will come and take you away if you carry on’

It’s a shame that she claims to miss having that relationship with her nieces and nephews yet leaving this online trail of things her nieces and nephews will be able to view and see what she’s saying about their dad and family 🙉
I wanted to laugh react to this, but I couldn’t bring myself to it. Absolutely 10000% agree. Some of the stuff we were subjected to is wild and an offence now, but look how much it’s come on and how strong we are as a generation. My mum feels so guilty and I forgive her, even typing out the word “hate” and “mum” together made me shudder. I was a hormonal, angry, naive and immature person (I think Mel is similar) and I didn’t understand mental health. She’s an amazing human and I get it, and I’ve not turned out too bad 😂

I started watching her “narc mum” highlights and I have to say, she really is beating a dead horse. Her mums mum died, her mum inherited money, she’s angry that her mum didn’t pay for her teeth (which is her mums fault for not teaching her basic hygiene), but her mum did pay for her and her creepy fella to have a few nights away at a spa. Ok, so that’s her mums mum, if her mums mum didn’t want her to have the money, she’d have changed her will right?
Mel lived in her nans house for free after she died, and also got a free holiday. I’m sorry, what?! She could have not gone away and put the money towards her teeth, and saved money living rent free at her nans house?
She’s insufferable and takes no accountability. Her mum didn’t have to give her tit, does she not get that?
What did the brothers get? She’s entitled to duck. All my grandparents are gone and I haven’t seen a penny, are my parents narcs too? Because I’ve enjoyed seeing them enjoy life to be honest.

she said her mother didn’t want her to get her teeth done because then she’d be better looking than her mum. Lord hath mercy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I know I did feel bad putting the laugh emoji in myself, I know it’s not funny but honestly life back then was so wild it is sometimes comical when you think about the stuff that was just normal life 🙈 I am glad we have evolved and gotten better for the next generation of adults! Our generation are riddled with so much trauma it’s no wander people are diagnosed left right and centre now with so many different mental disorders that were missed when we were children! I’m the same though despite my mom raising us how she did, I’ve nothing but love for her! She definitely changed her ways and owned up to her wrongdoings once me and my siblings got older and she’s an amazing grandmother to all of our children! My dad on the other hand, I’ve been non contact with him for nearly 20 years now but I’ve never felt the need to tell the whole of tik tok why I chose to have nothing more to do with him 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I genuinely don't know if things have improved in the world in some respects. I've worked with & cared for babies who've been raped, beaten & broken, children who've been beaten, broken & sexually abused by adults, also adults who've been beaten, broken & raped by other adults. I myself was beaten, broken & raped as a child, by an adult. I've spent my entire career helping people Survive abuse in the best way I can.

Mel however wouldn't last a second in my team working world as there is only room for Mel in Mels attention seeking world. She doesn't seem to comprehend how we're all walking around having seen & experienced trauma. So many children were seperated from one or both parents & many placed into care. It's very definitely a crazy world that we live in!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know I did feel bad putting the laugh emoji in myself, I know it’s not funny but honestly life back then was so wild it is sometimes comical when you think about the stuff that was just normal life 🙈 I am glad we have evolved and gotten better for the next generation of adults! Our generation are riddled with so much trauma it’s no wander people are diagnosed left right and centre now with so many different mental disorders that were missed when we were children! I’m the same though despite my mom raising us how she did, I’ve nothing but love for her! She definitely changed her ways and owned up to her wrongdoings once me and my siblings got older and she’s an amazing grandmother to all of our children! My dad on the other hand, I’ve been non contact with him for nearly 20 years now but I’ve never felt the need to tell the whole of tik tok why I chose to have nothing more to do with him 🤷🏻‍♀️
If we don’t laugh, we will cry 😂
You’ve hit the nail on the head. I think all wrongdoings are made up for when they become grandparents. My parents are also wonderful to my children and I think having children makes you realise how much of a struggle life can be.
In the same breath, imagine what their generation went through too?! It’s horrible for everyone and this is where I think Mel struggles to see the bigger picture.
I get her mums been a dick, but I think we all experienced it, body comments, gaslit, hit, punched etc. I could go on.
sorry to hear about the breakdown of your relationship with your dad, that must be tough- you sound so humble and admirable- your mum must be very proud ❤
---
I genuinely don't know if things have improved in the world in some respects. I've worked with & cared for babies who've been raped, beaten & broken, children who've been beaten, broken & sexually abused by adults, also adults who've been beaten, broken & raped by other adults. I myself was beaten, broken & raped as a child, by an adult. I've spent my entire career helping people Survive abuse in the best way I can.

Mel however wouldn't last a second in my team working world as there is only room for Mel in Mels attention seeking world. She doesn't seem to comprehend how we're all walking around having seen & experienced trauma. So many children were seperated from one or both parents & many placed into care. It's very definitely a crazy world that we live in!
I think awareness of safeguarding children has really improved but I think you’re right, there’s a very long way to go- it is heading in the right direction though!
Your job sounds so difficult, and it takes a very strong person to do what you do. Thank you for all the work you do and I’m sorry you had to experience all of that!! 😞 - I can totally understand how much rage this content creator causes you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Mel doesn't understand why I call her out. Let me try and explain.

I found her page & initially felt empathy for her, THEN I watched & listened how her narrative evolved, how stories changed & were repeated over & over. How many pity parties she throws for having an alleged tit mum & dad. (sadly didn't many people) How many people she threw under the bus so publicly, including children. Then she told her sexual abuse followers to "get dicked!"

She has implied, MANY TIMES, that she was raped as a child and she has only clarified COUPLE OF TIMES that she was not raped despite multiple videos and lives implying she was.

Mel knows exactly what she's doing. The day she said she "wished she had been raped as a child" clarified my suspicions.

Mel has been deceptive in implying she was raped as a child when she wasn't. She has been very selective in the words she uses to get the maximum sympathy she can get. She did that to get followers on tiktok and that's my biggest issue with her. She also is using sexual abuse stories to create a platform to sell tat and make money, from which is lower than low.

Bizarrely, I'd say 90% of her issues seem to be with her mother, far far more than with her brother who allegedly sexually abused her.

I am not diminishing the effect of any kind of abuse on anyone, but misleading people and implying you were raped just to get tiktok famous is DISGUSTING and she knows dam well that she did and does this. She clarified for the 1st time in around 30k new followers earlier today on her live that she hadn't been raped and went bright red and defensive when she said it because she knows most people thought she had been raped as a child due to her implying it so often 🤬

Reactions: 2
I wanted to laugh react to this, but I couldn’t bring myself to it. Absolutely 10000% agree. Some of the stuff we were subjected to is wild and an offence now, but look how much it’s come on and how strong we are as a generation. My mum feels so guilty and I forgive her, even typing out the word “hate” and “mum” together made me shudder. I was a hormonal, angry, naive and immature person (I think Mel is similar) and I didn’t understand mental health. She’s an amazing human and I get it, and I’ve not turned out too bad 😂

I started watching her “narc mum” highlights and I have to say, she really is beating a dead horse. Her mums mum died, her mum inherited money, she’s angry that her mum didn’t pay for her teeth (which is her mums fault for not teaching her basic hygiene), but her mum did pay for her and her creepy fella to have a few nights away at a spa. Ok, so that’s her mums mum, if her mums mum didn’t want her to have the money, she’d have changed her will right?
Mel lived in her nans house for free after she died, and also got a free holiday. I’m sorry, what?! She could have not gone away and put the money towards her teeth, and saved money living rent free at her nans house?
She’s insufferable and takes no accountability. Her mum didn’t have to give her tit, does she not get that?
What did the brothers get? She’s entitled to duck. All my grandparents are gone and I haven’t seen a penny, are my parents narcs too? Because I’ve enjoyed seeing them enjoy life to be honest.

she said her mother didn’t want her to get her teeth done because then she’d be better looking than her mum. Lord hath mercy.
But the gran knew the mum was abusive to Mel . So why would the gran leave money to the mum

• Haha
But the gran knew the mum was abusive to Mel . So why would the gran leave money to the mum
Very good point...
I wonder why Mels gran didn't take Mel to live with her to keep her safe, I can understand the gran not being able to look after Mel when she was dying, although I'm not sure a 17yr old needs "looking after". Nothing adds up with Mel.

Reactions: 3
Valid criticism is not trolling. This wannabe market trader should be on Leeds Market peddling her tat!!!
Here's to another day of Mel trauma dumping all over tiktok, in the words of abused Mel, "thanks for the gifts guys" 😜

She is delusional. The fact that she doesn’t listen and ignores any opinion that isn’t kissing her large arse shows that she will become a narcissist like her mother if she carries on. Narcissists will do anything for attention.
I also have talked about my trauma Mel in therapy. The fact that I don’t post it all over the internet doesn’t mean that I haven’t talked about it so save your patronising tone for your dumbass followers.
If your followers cared enough about your story they would go back and watch your old videos. You choose to repeat yourself because you have no life!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
this woman is constantly on my fyp!!! she seems to have a very glass half empty view of life and rather than her vids coming across as a win/survivors story she's actually a bit dreary and depressing.... odd. also, is she only 30? im 37 and thought she was me age or even older.
It’s the forehead creases for me. Or fivehead in Mel’s case

• Haha
How do you know when therapy hasn't worked? When you obsessively go online multiple times a day trauma dumping on repeat, plus you also go live to trauma dump a bit more! 🙄

Questioning her story is not trolling . Infact Mel herself trolled a tattle life poster recently in a video . The way I see it she's taken aspects of her childhood IF they are true and used them for entertainment purposes. She does nothing to raise awareness for abuse victims . So she can't keep using that line. When questioned she over justifies herself and it really rattles her cage which to me just cements it's all exaggerated

• Heart
Christ Mel, we say jump, you say how high 😂 like a puppet on a string 🤹🏻‍♀️

When are you going to start gifting us tattlers some of your ill-gotten gains from TikTok, since we are basically your entire content now?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
oh dear… was it health anxiety, or tattle you wanted to talk about Mel?

thanks for answering a very selective few of the comments that suit you and your content.

It’s made me question your authenticity more, because you do open yourself up to some very large holes in your stories. See below:

You’ve confirmed that your grandma knew she was a very unwell woman, she also knew your mum was an hole and knew you were struggling horrifically between ages 17-19, thus had over 2 years to change the will, but decided 3 weeks before her death to do it, but never did it?

It doesn’t make sense to me, maybe it’s me? But I’ll leave it there and that’s all I’ll say on it.

I don’t talk about my trauma because I’ve done that in therapy, and I’m very much content and at peace with it. I hope that answers your question and I really do hope you get to the same place one day.

PS. You don’t need to repeat yourself, you have topics at the top of your page that does that for you- direct people to that!

• Heart
oh dear… was it health anxiety, or tattle you wanted to talk about Mel?

thanks for answering a very selective few of the comments that suit you and your content.

It’s made me question your authenticity more, because you do open yourself up to some very large holes in your stories. See below:

You’ve confirmed that your grandma knew she was a very unwell woman, she also knew your mum was an hole and knew you were struggling horrifically between ages 17-19, thus had over 2 years to change the will, but decided 3 weeks before her death to do it, but never did it?

It doesn’t make sense to me, maybe it’s me? But I’ll leave it there and that’s all I’ll say on it.

I don’t talk about my trauma because I’ve done that in therapy, and I’m very much content and at peace with it. I hope that answers your question and I really do hope you get to the same place one day.

PS. You don’t need to repeat yourself, you have topics at the top of your page that does that for you- direct people to that!
Also if the grandma was terminally ill she probably had a power of attorney appointed, to deal with her affairs maybe , Mel's aunt or uncle . So changing the will wouldn't be an issue

All this mornings video showed is a very worried Mel!!! Her fixation of this website is based on her being worried that her followers will read and catch on to the her to! Why else would she feel need to ‘defend’ herself! Who is she defending herself to, certainly not to us because whatever she does or says isn’t going to make us suddenly think we are wrong for thinking what we do, she knows most of her followers commenting on her videos read here and she’s worried hence her need to defend herself to them! Says it all when she says ‘believe me not them’ 😅😅 she’s a very strange person, says a lot when she’s only got her husband and one friend in her life 👀

• Heart