Lucy Letby Case #71

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The S*n have announced that the Line of Duty creator Jed Mercurio is in the process of creating a drama series about the Letby case.... could they not have held off on publicising that until *after* the Baby K retrial ffs

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I have real issues with these telly people champing at the bit to "dramatise" current high profile crimes. Not just Letby - the Watts killings, Ruby Franke, Chubb & Slutty Dumbell & their slaughtered families. The bereaved are still reeling from the grief & trauma of the crimes and the trials while some flock of vultures are circling before the coffin lids are closed.

Nothing will convince me that the public's thirst to vicariously experience all of that is worth re-victimising those who have already suffered so much.

Reactions: 7
Adrian Dunbar would be a great Dr Gill though 😬
I mostly agree.. it is awful unless the families positively want the story told.
I kind of don’t mind it being spelled out how she operated and why these things had to have been her because people are thick and the conspiracies are rife. A tv drama would be able to put it all together quite well.. her getting home and searching. Searching in groups of obvious parents from the case… people probably need to see it that way to take all her actions and evidence as a whole than being able to just say prem babies are fragile 🙄
I’d also hope they can highlight that yes, she was weird and while she was quiet and that translated as “sweet” to some.. she absolutely was odd and not exactly popular. All that bitchiness from texts? The fact she wouldn’t listen to people telling her to have a break from nursery one. She wanted another dying baby 😵💫 and how every normal nurse thought that was mental. That she was constantly on the phone on shift. Just how many times people text her to say that they couldn’t believe it was her again that was on shift for life threatening collapses and deaths that were otherwise a rarity. Older nurses were seeing more death than their decades long careers.
Let’s hope they use the wiki and these threads as research because we absolutely had her figured out and it’ll be mega irritating if they portray her as little miss I don’t know what commando means 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Adrian Dunbar would be a great Dr Gill though 😬
I mostly agree.. it is awful unless the families positively want the story told.
I kind of don’t mind it being spelled out how she operated and why these things had to have been her because people are thick and the conspiracies are rife. A tv drama would be able to put it all together quite well.. her getting home and searching. Searching in groups of obvious parents from the case… people probably need to see it that way to take all her actions and evidence as a whole than being able to just say prem babies are fragile 🙄
I’d also hope they can highlight that yes, she was weird and while she was quiet and that translated as “sweet” to some.. she absolutely was odd and not exactly popular. All that bitchiness from texts? The fact she wouldn’t listen to people telling her to have a break from nursery one. She wanted another dying baby 😵💫 and how every normal nurse thought that was mental. That she was constantly on the phone on shift. Just how many times people text her to say that they couldn’t believe it was her again that was on shift for life threatening collapses and deaths that were otherwise a rarity. Older nurses were seeing more death than their decades long careers.
Let’s hope they use the wiki and these threads as research because we absolutely had her figured out and it’ll be mega irritating if they portray her as little miss I don’t know what commando means 🙄
Two recent TV series got a lot of very stupid people - mostly women I'd add - a few very stupid people making a lot of noise about how they were lusting after both Jeffrey Dahmer & Dennis Nilssen. Let's not forget that. And though their crimes were committed decades ago, surviving family members of the victims of both of those monsters were very clear about how being subjected to that had brought their pain & trauma to the surface again.

These were babies who died and they died very recently. They have been all over newspapers & TV screens since the investigation began. The parents had to go through years of agonising uncertainty & tension just wondering if their killer would ever face justice. They have finally been given a small degree of reprieve by her conviction. The re-trial hasn't even begun yet and sorry but I really feel that the lust for ratings of Netflix will take primacy over any considerations about what may best tell the story of the victims. No they'll go for what rates best & morality be damned.

Reactions: 8
I am also interested in why a group of Senior Consultants were ignored, dismissed and made to apologise when they raised concerns.

Contrast this with the Victoria Hospital in Blackpool where a student nurse whistle-blow on a senior nurse and HCA and this led to prosecution. (Although given the incidents at the Victoria, its maybe no wonder they were quicker to act)
I feel terrible saying this but I think it was taken more seriously straight away because it involved theft from the Trust (the nurses were stealing drugs for their own personal use on top of their appalling behaviour towards patients). Maybe I’m just cynical but that’s where their priorities lie. You can be bad at your job but you better not steal anything! It’s very difficult to get rid of nurses/doctors even if their practice is bad, I’m guessing these ones had been on the radar for a while and just needed someone brave enough to make specific allegations.
As for the proposed dramatisation, it was obvious someone would do it (I remember on the old threads lots discussions about who would be cast for specific roles 😅). I’d rather it was done by Mercurio, who was actually a hospital doctor for a while, and made the excellent and unflinching series Bodies. It has a lot of similar themes to this- set in gynae/labour, management cover-ups, difficulties for whistleblowers.

Reactions: 11
The Administrators relegating her to "Patient Safety" when she was finally taken off the wards & put on admin duties was an especially obscene touch by them I felt. Almost as if they wqere getting a giggle between her & them from playing a sick practical joke.

Reactions: 3
Unfortunately Richard Gill and friends, have joined Mumsnet, to start threads on the wonders of the New Yorker articles and to try and convince people that she is innocent. I saw a lovely post though there about us, so thought I'd share it here.
I rarely go on to that site now but have been reading the Michael Mosley threads last few days and the nastiness towards other posters is horrible. It reminds me why I stopped reading there in the first place. It’s not the debating and disagreeing of information but the attacks, posters policing the thread etc that I dislike. And they have the nerve to think tattle is worse! Definitely not going to read the Letby one.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I rarely go on to that site now but have been reading the Michael Mosley threads last few days and the nastiness towards other posters is horrible. It reminds me why I stopped reading there in the first place. It’s not the debating and disagreeing of information but the attacks, posters policing the thread etc that I dislike. And they have the nerve to think tattle is worse! Definitely not going to read the Letby one.
The last Letby thread was particularly horrible.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Six years ago I told my son's pregnant girlfriend: "The only unasked for advice I will ever give you is never ever go on Mumsnet & ask them for advice because they will bully you to suicide no matter what the question is. It's a sport with those people."

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just been on one of the FB groups and someone is ranting that Lucy’s ‘good name and character’ will be destroyed tomorrow 🤪