Books #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I devoured Song of Achilles in a day. I hated Circe, finished it but found it very long winded. It never got better for me.

Went to my local The Works a couple of weeks ago specifically for The Boys of Tommen Books. They didn’t have any :(
I read Song of Achilles in a day and a half, finished late at night all broken of course haha, then read that it took her 10 years to write it. No wonder the whole story just slid into my brain the way it did, so well done.

Read it on Scrbid which is now called Everand which is a subscription service for unlimited ebooks and audiobooks but i also have KU, which I should be really using more...I did have a paperback but it was so pretty my toddler kinda shredded the whole thing. It hurt.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There's loads of Georgette Heyer on the daily deals today. Could anyone who's read some of her books give a never read her before in their life person (me!) a hint as to which is their favourite and a good place to start?!
for a new reader, i think the grand sophy is usually thought of as her best (and it’s just a really fun read in general). it’s in my heyer top five too!

for me personally from there, my favourites are frederica, arabella, devil’s cub and a civil contract. regency buck and cotillion are both also very fun though.

Reactions: 2
for a new reader, i think the grand sophy is usually thought of as her best (and it’s just a really fun read in general). it’s in my heyer top five too!

for me personally from there, my favourites are frederica, arabella, devil’s cub and a civil contract. regency buck and cotillion are both also very fun though.
Oooh thank you. Cotillion is definitely there will go back and see if some of the others are too!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
OK so I saw lots of you raving about John Marrs and downloaded "The One"...

I'm 25% in and really enjoying it BUT the chapters focused on Christopher are too much for me, I'm a real wimp and I can't read it past midday or I won't sleep , can I skip his chapters or do I need them???

Reactions: 3
OK so I saw lots of you raving about John Marrs and downloaded "The One"...

I'm 25% in and really enjoying it BUT the chapters focused on Christopher are too much for me, I'm a real wimp and I can't read it past midday or I won't sleep , can I skip his chapters or do I need them???
You won't lose anything by skipping it, but there is an arc to it. Its one of the better stories!

Reactions: 1
I got the last copies of the first two books in my local branch a couple of weeks ago but noticed today they restocked them so you might be in luck now.
The Works must have read my moan yesterday, went in today and they had Binding 13, Keeping 13 and Redeeming 6 so bought those for £5 each plus Powerless, Reckless and Hopeless by Elsie Silver on the 3 for £6 deal as I already bought Flawless and Heartless from the 66 book club. Will keep my eyes peeled for the other 2 Boys of Tommen books in the next few weeks. Husband carried them to the car for me and realised one of them had a crease in the spine already whilst in the shop and changed it for me so he has earned some serious points today.

Lovely jubbly

@Chocolategoggler they only had that 1 online and I wasn’t prepared to muck around for 1 book, particularly as I had no control over whether it would come to me slightly scuffed or not.

I have had quite the reading spend up today. Bought a kindle holder and remote for my kindle this morning as the remote was half price on Amazon. Wish there was something similar for real books so I could be even more lazy! :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The Works must have read my moan yesterday, went in today and they had Binding 13, Keeping 13 and Redeeming 6 so bought those for £5 each plus Powerless, Reckless and Hopeless by Elsie Silver on the 3 for £6 deal as I already bought Flawless and Heartless from the 66 book club. Will keep my eyes peeled for the other 2 Boys of Tommen books in the next few weeks. Husband carried them to the car for me and realised one of them had a crease in the spine already whilst in the shop and changed it for me so he has earned some serious points today.

Lovely jubbly
that’s a great haul!! 👏🏻👏🏻 (and glad you found them 💙)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.