Zoom date

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a Zoom date with a guy next Friday.

Has anyone had a Zoom date during the past year? I think they’ve become quite normal during the pandemic!

Feel free to share your experiences!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve never done one (edit: of course ive not been single during the pandemic so why would I have 🤦‍♀️ I think I meant I hadn’t heard of anyone I know doing one either!) how come you can’t you meet up? Guessing distance? Honestly I’d rather just have a phonecall than a zoom date as I find even convos with friends awkward on there! Gave up on using it socially in lockdown no# 1 😂 . Are you planning on doing an activity together, maybe something like cooking together or doing some sort of game would be good to break the ice!

Reactions: 2
I’ve never done one (edit: of course ive not been single during the pandemic so why would I have 🤦‍♀️ I think I meant I hadn’t heard of anyone I know doing one either!) how come you can’t you meet up? Guessing distance? Honestly I’d rather just have a phonecall than a zoom date as I find even convos with friends awkward on there! Gave up on using it socially in lockdown no# 1 😂 . Are you planning on doing an activity together, maybe something like cooking together or doing some sort of game would be good to break the ice!
We can’t meet due to distance. I don’t really want to say too much on a public forum but it’s through our work 🙂

ETA: we’ve had a connection through work so decided to have a ‘date’ next week. He seems really nice so why not!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I've had some video call dates so I guess that's quite similar. The majority led to meeting the guy in person so I am an advocate of them. It's a good way to scope them out to make sure there is that initial connection and they are not a weirdo. The ones I have had were just chats and tbh I didn't really make any effort apart from put a tiny bit of makeup on.

It can feel a bit awkward but dating is an awkward hobby however it's done!

Good luck!

Reactions: 3
Sounds good, never done it before myself but whatever tickles your fanny. 👌🏻 🙌🏻

ETA: OMG. Fancy. I meant fancy! Wow. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I think it’s a good way of meeting someone. No different to any other date really, except you will save a few quid! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yup! It started off messaging on tinder, then insta and then Skyping. Jesus Christ it was an anxiety hell hole thinking of it. But to be honest it’s a great way to introduce yourself to someone before meeting face to face. I could see if they’re genuinely interested and it’s just nice to see the actual person talk rather than just texting as well as seeing them in motion

I hope your zoom date goes well and I wish you two the best xoxoxo

How can it be a date if you’re only really having a FaceTime? I’m not sure of the point now that lockdown is over.

I don’t want to disclose what profession we work in as we both work for academic institutes. But we’ve met through our work. He’s in 1 part of the country, I’m in another.

Reactions: 2
Sorry I didn’t update yesterday! It went really well and we’re having another ‘date’ in a few week :m

• Heart
Reactions: 18