Zoella #5 Biological clock is knocking on door but her boyfriend has the mental age of 4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are you thinking so highly of them? They're literally known for scamming kids with their overpriced and underdeveloped merch and products.

And Alfie is no way mature or sensible, I don't know where you got that idea from. He spends all his money on stuff he uses once and is always eating food out(what most people would consider a luxury). He does minimal work, as seen with most things he's done recently, and over praises himself for it
Ok again I said sometimes when you compare Alfie to Zoe he comes off more sensible.. like I mean when Zoe is having her really childish moments and Alfie just walks off...

For the prices.. they don't set prices in the shops.. their advisors suggest prices to the sellers. Then it's down to the likes of boots to put their mark up on it.

I'm not speaking highly of them. I'm stating facts.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How telling that 'a day in the office' is such a big deal she has to take a photo of it. Poor soul will have to spend a good few days lounging on the sofa sucking feebly on a pizza slice to get over the shock. Is Alfie ever at the office? He said he quite often conducts business meetings at a cafe as it is more informal. Even though they have a mansion (with offices), a spare house used as an office and oh AN ACTUAL OFFICE.
This is the best description of Zoe I have ever heard. Pure poetry.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ok again I said sometimes when you compare Alfie to Zoe he comes off more sensible.. like I mean when Zoe is having her really childish moments and Alfie just walks off...

For the prices.. they don't set prices in the shops.. their advisors suggest prices to the sellers. Then it's down to the likes of boots to put their mark up on it.

I'm not speaking highly of them. I'm stating facts.
You really believe that the advent calendar being £50 retail price was all on Boots? Definitely wasn't. It will have had an absurd price coming from Zoella Beauty/SLG. And Zoe likes to say how involved she is in everything with the Beauty/Lifestyle stuff. You can't suddenly roll that back after a price backlash and say she isn't involved in pricing. Even if its just a yes/no, she will have known the pricing structure for the products. Or she should have known if she is playing big boss woman.

Also, the merch is priced by them, and given they source it from cheap suppliers, their markups are significant and the quality is piss poor.

Reactions: 20
You really believe that the advent calendar being £50 retail price was all on Boots? Definitely wasn't. It will have had an absurd price coming from Zoella Beauty/SLG. And Zoe likes to say how involved she is in everything with the Beauty/Lifestyle stuff. You can't suddenly roll that back after a price backlash and say she isn't involved in pricing. Even if its just a yes/no, she will have known the pricing structure for the products. Or she should have known if she is playing big boss woman.

Also, the merch is priced by them, and given they source it from cheap suppliers, their markups are significant and the quality is piss poor.
ahaha people actually think Boots set the price and Zoe had duck all to do with it😂 It doesn’t work like that and Boots themselves said the price wasn’t set by them. For talkings sake let’s say boots did set the price Zoe would still have to agree and sign it off and if she didn’t then she’s been lying for years about how involved she is with her products at every stage and that’s just as bad-putting products in a store when you’ve no idea what the retail price is

• Heart
Reactions: 22

If Boots released the calendar for £5, I'm sure she'd have plenty to say.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What does the office staff actually do? Theres no more beauty business (but I imagine that was mainly sorted out by SIG and Zoe just did the odd sniff of products), theres no more books(ghostwriter). No YouTube so not loads of ads (=invoices/negotiating/chasing payment). What do they actually do now? Genuine question? I have my own business and know how expensive staff can be and how costly it is to have too much staff and not enough work. So do we think they are running at a loss at the moment? what can they be doing besides eating donuts and playing games. Are they just paying them to be their friends and for their image?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What does the office staff actually do? Theres no more beauty business (but I imagine that was mainly sorted out by SIG and Zoe just did the odd sniff of products), theres no more books(ghostwriter). No YouTube so not loads of ads (=invoices/negotiating/chasing payment). What do they actually do now? Genuine question? I have my own business and know how expensive staff can be and how costly it is to have too much staff and not enough work. So do we think they are running at a loss at the moment? what can they be doing besides eating donuts and playing games. Are they just paying them to be their friends and for their image?
It is probably some tax scam. Just kidding...kinda.

Reactions: 8
These two are so dumb with common sense everyday basic things that I don’t see them being particularly smart in business. I’d love to see them fall from “grace” 😂
Time for a real job! 😂😂

These two are so dumb with common sense everyday basic things that I don’t see them being particularly smart in business. I’d love to see them fall from “grace” 😂
Time for a real job! 😂😂
Does anyone know how that app Zoe launched is doing?Apart from some initial hype on launch day I’ve seen or heard nothing about it online since

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know how that app Zoe launched is doing?Apart from some initial hype on launch day I’ve seen or heard nothing about it online since
They released like one "update" that was just a few new filters I think. Idk, most other influencers that I follow are still using other apps to edit their Insta stories. If anyone's using it, it's probably random minions.

Also its online marketing 101 to "tease" an idea before you release a new product. Zoe has been going on and on about how she loves Insta stories so much and how they're so much more "genuine." Now we know she was only saying all that cuz she was about to come out with an Insta stories related app :rolleyes: #irony

I don’t think they are running at a loss. The few things they do will be raking it in. They’ll be getting over £10k for a single Instagram post. More if it’s in a vlog most likely. Unfortunately these pair aren’t going skint any time soon

I don’t think they are running at a loss. The few things they do will be raking it in. They’ll be getting over £10k for a single Instagram post. More if it’s in a vlog most likely. Unfortunately these pair aren’t going skint any time soon
£10k per post(she doesn'tdo that many), that probably pays her mortgage. She has HUGE overheads, I honestly cannot see how they are making enough money to afford their mansion, office and staff. I don't see where the office staff would be beneficial to them as they barely do anything job wise. How would they fill their day....

Reactions: 6
£10k per post(she doesn'tdo that many), that probably pays her mortgage. She has HUGE overheads, I honestly cannot see how they are making enough money to afford their mansion, office and staff. I don't see where the office staff would be beneficial to them as they barely do anything job wise. How would they fill their day....
Honestly I can’t see what they can actually be doing all day, and since they’re likely to be paid living wages, it’s costing them thousands a month to keep the overhead going. The things Zoe will do to be able to hashtag things with #girlboss (one of the most patronising, cringeworthy fake feminist hashtag currently in circulation 😖)

Reactions: 5
They do have a ton of staff, to literally throw parties and play games all day. I agree with you, I think they are losing money. Just an opinion... but I just don’t see how they are making the big bucks like they were a few years ago. No one is interested in them. Zoe’s products have been a flop and so has Alfie’s merch. I know they have investment properties but the big money maker, social media, which they are known for, seems to be on a major decline.

They do have a ton of staff, to literally throw parties and play games all day. I agree with you, I think they are losing money. Just an opinion... but I just don’t see how they are making the big bucks like they were a few years ago. No one is interested in them. Zoe’s products have been a flop and so has Alfie’s merch. I know they have investment properties but the big money maker, social media, which they are known for, seems to be on a major decline.
I mean I hope you are right... I would love nothing more than to see Alfie Deyes have to work a proper job at some point in his life but I just don’t see it happening. It’s been said before they both bought tons of property in their hey day. The mansion might have been bought outright. A lot of their outgoings they probably don’t pay for such as eating out, holidays, trips (New York, Dubai, chewton tree house) etc

They’d have both made serious cash off their books back in the day.
Zoe is meant to have got some advance for the rights to her movie hasn’t she? Etc etc

I think they're earning plenty of money, more than enough to cover their overheads.

There has been a recurring partnership with liketoknowit for a few months now, with ad posts regularly appearing on both Zoe's personal account as well as the Zoella business account. As well as earning tens of thousands of £ for all of these instagram posts, Zoe also has an account on liketoknowit where she has posted outfit photos and can earn money via affiliate links.

Then there's the filmm app. Her earnings from this are hard to quantify because I don't know what portion of the company she owns, I can't see how many times it's been downloaded, and it's free unless people choose to pay for upgrades. But apparently on average the number of reviews for an app is ~0.001% of the total downloads. So with 1.1k reviews on the app store, we can assume there's over a million downloads already. Even if only one in a thousand users has chosen to purchase the upgrade, then the app has already generated tens of thousands of £ in its first month. That's really impressive, and doesn't even include potential monetisation from ads in the app.

And of course there's the money coming in from the fruity range, there's probably still a slow trickle of income from her books, and then there's the weekly ads which both Zoe and Alfie post in their Instagram stories. I'm sure they make £1000s a week off of just Instagram stories.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I get that she will be making money from property, her products that are in home bargains, the odd ad, ad sense from people watching re runs of her videos... But none of that provide her staff with much work. Not a full team of them. So how do they fill 100s of work hours per week. I'm sure that they have the funds to pay them as they are minted but I don't see how the staff are actually earning their money for them and what jobs they would be doing to fill their day. Surely a PA would suffice and Gleam for her ad work. I would love to be a fly on the wall and know what they actually do. I can't see that office lasting long.

Well they've managed to play cards this afternoon🙄🙄🙄. So I'd say they've been extremely busy don't you😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Do they even have staff working there? I know one woman left but it doesn’t look like anyone else is there either.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am also very interested and just plain nosey to know details about those who work at AtoZ such as their job titles, salaries and what they do all day. Their accounts haven't been filed with companies house yet and there will be info on there re income/outgoings.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.