Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sophie85

Zoe using being "submerged in motherhood" to not post anything which, btw, is her job reeks of rich privilege. Many women around the world would be back to work actual, real jobs at week 7. Not Zoe the Slug, no. She can't even bother to upload self-serving, self-congratulatory, boasting photos to stories.

I truly fail to understand who still follows this asshole.
Zoe using being "submerged in motherhood" to not post anything which, btw, is her job reeks of rich privilege. Many women around the world would be back to work actual, real jobs at week 7. Not Zoe the Slug, no. She can't even bother to upload self-serving, self-congratulatory, boasting photos to stories.

I truly fail to understand who still follows this asshole.
whilst I agree to some extent (& I’m definitely not a fan of Zoe), it is relatively normal in the UK for mothers to take at least 9 months off for maternity and not be expected to do any aspect of that job whatsoever. Would you say those women are all lazy slugs? There are many things Zoe does that drive me insane but I would never begrudge her maternity leave or not uploading anything for months after the birth of her child, her Instagram is, after all, her job like you say.

I think the problem with influencers at the minute is actually that we all still try & see them as regular people, but they’re not. They’re paid a fortune for their work & can afford to take that time off - which yes is a privilege but if you were earning that much would you work constantly as well?

The one thing I think they should acknowledge is that they’re fortunate to be in the position where both her & Alfie can take time out to parent & bond with Ottilie - because most fathers (in the UK) get 2-4 weeks and then mum is on her own.

Some may disagree with me here (and I’m saying this as someone going on 12 month maternity leave soon), but just because some women in the world only get 7 weeks doesn’t mean every woman has to experience that & leave their baby at such a young age.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 107

jvalentine2189

Chatty Member
I know this is Zoe's thread, but nobody cares about Aldie enough to look over there and he's still flogging his candles so I thought I'd give an update on how well they're selling for you all.

On Saturday I posted on the other thread that he had 150 grapefruit and 138 orange candles in stock. The numbers right now are 127 grapefruit and 114 orange candles. So after his BIG release and three days passing, he's managed to scam 23 people into buying grapefruit and 24 people into buying orange, leaving him still with a massive stock left. Turns out most people aren't fooled into paying 28 quid for a fucking candle.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 104

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
I hate people like Poppy, that spam comments under baby pics like 'my best mate' 'aunties lil angel' like a broken record, but don't bring round meals, change nappies, help in any way whatsoever. It's performative and irritatingly selfish. Fuck off and spawn your own crotch fruit with your gormless boyfriend. She's as helpful as a used plaster.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

fidgetjo

VIP Member
I find it weird how Zoe pretends to kiss Pay in the story. She has done that previously, be affectionate once she notices the camera. It looks so fake. Not saying she doesn't kiss or love Pay when the camera is off, but that instinct to immediately go kiss Pay/ do something cute once she knows she's being filmed... well, it's odd. Guess that's what 10+ years of a "career" in social media does to a person.
When I saw it I instantly thought she’s done it to show that they’re using the carrier correctly this time. As they were told baby’s head should be kissing distance. I didn’t think it was an act of affection, more and act of trying to avoid any further criticisms.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

cherry198

VIP Member
I quite like that Tracey has been around at lot more since Pay was born. It doesn’t matter what age you are, after you have a baby you become very vulnerable and I think you just want your mum to tell you that you’re doing a good job and that everything’s gonna be ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 76

fidgetjo

VIP Member
It took me a moment to realize this was actually Zoe!? She looks good! Why can’t her eyebrows always be like that!?
I was literally coming on here to post this picture. I think she looks great in it, and honestly I think it’s because she’s really smiling not some posed smile or the grinch smile. She looks fresh and happy and that makes her look younger!

Reactions: 74

milkyways

VIP Member
That's true 😂 his family are all over it but Zoe hasn't posted anything
you know, hate her all you want, but she really cant be assed to give anyone free promotion. and I love that pettiness of her.
she didnt post about tanyas make up line either, mentioned once the mascara but somehow managed to make it look so bad 😂
your textbook mean girl at work

Reactions: 72

jvalentine2189

Chatty Member
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 11-51-37 Stories • Instagram.png

This made me laugh so hard. This brand saw this feckless bastard and thought "Shit, we better send him everything we've got!"

• Haha
Reactions: 65

SarahN

VIP Member
I know this is Zoe's thread, but nobody cares about Aldie enough to look over there and he's still flogging his candles so I thought I'd give an update on how well they're selling for you all.

On Saturday I posted on the other thread that he had 150 grapefruit and 138 orange candles in stock. The numbers right now are 127 grapefruit and 114 orange candles. So after his BIG release and three days passing, he's managed to scam 23 people into buying grapefruit and 24 people into buying orange, leaving him still with a massive stock left. Turns out most people aren't fooled into paying 28 quid for a fucking candle.
Well, there are diptyque candles and then there are dipstick candles. Both are way too expensive but at least diptyque smell nice and are classy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

mg95

VIP Member
catching up on this thread after the weekend so apologies if anyone else has pointed this out... but if my partner ever posted an unflattering instagram story of me hunched over on the floor doing osteopath recommended exercises to help with post-labour pain while I look like an absolute state and then he captioned it with something idiotic about yoga... a violent crime would probably be committed. he's such an inconsiderate prick

Reactions: 62
Oh poor Alfie… what a hard life he has with a child & ‘working’ from sitting on his sofa! Most dads would kill to be home with their babies but instead have to leave all day to go to their actual jobs.

Also if he’s ‘working’ & zoes not why can’t she watch Pay when he’s doing whatever he needs to. Then he can help when he’s not ‘working’. Surely it’s not hard, he doesn’t even work full time.

View attachment 844783
I've made an account purely to comment on this after being a long time lurker.

I'm a new mum (baby a few weeks older than Pay) so I could give an anecdote about how this is really offensive to me and my partner but I'm not going to bother; we all know (whether you're a parent or not) that this is so out of touch. I'm so sick of them both trying to have 'relatable' content. It screams of the 'living off £1 for a day' video. Like that whole 'We are just commoners like you all are!' 🙄

I'm not expecting them to post bragging about their lifestyle, because that would be bad business (influences are supposed to seem relatable to an extent) but at least acknowledge your privilege. Something like 'Slowly transitioning back into my old work routine. Really thankful I can gradually do this from home and still spend time with baby. Kudos to all you fathers who have had to return to the office full time!' would've been a bit less enraging IMHO.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

SimpleLifeinLondon

Chatty Member
Poppy seems like one of those aunts that always wants the baby attention and to be touching the baby. Like in that video of mark holding the baby, why is poppy leaning over his shoulder and touching the baby? Why can’t mark just have his moment with her? 🙄

Reactions: 57

Littlemissnaughty

Chatty Member
People, it’s nearly that time of year…
For JackMate’s advent calendar roast video to be shared in all its glory!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56