Zoe Sugg #26 Covid guidelines ignoring, Vlogmas boring, Nala’s arse outpouring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s got a huge house yet still working from her bed, balancing all the equipment she needs to record some voiceover stuff.. would’ve be way easier if she used a table🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 25
On a random note: I've said a few times in this forum that my boyfriend and I remind me of Alfie and Zoe. We love each other a lot and have been together for almost 6 years. But my boyfriend checked out of the relationship a long time ago, and I was the only one desperate for attention.

The past week, I just sat down with him and told him that I want him to be in a relationship which makes him thrive and that he hurts me more by not loving me but holding onto me than just breaking up with me.

We broke up after that discussion. It's painful, and he's moving out tomorrow.

Zoe, as a girl who dated an Alfie - you just have to be frank and give them permission to breakup with you. Otherwise, they won't have the courage to do it. You'll be hurt and shocked at how quickly they admit the truth, but it's necessary.

Lots of love to you!

I went through something similar in 2019 with a bf I'd been with for 5 years (first bf I'd lived with etc) and it's so tough, because your lives are so entwined but trust me - it gets better and you'll be happier than you ever could've thought possible!

She’s got a huge house yet still working from her bed, balancing all the equipment she needs to record some voiceover stuff.. would’ve be way easier if she used a table🙄
This girl is obsessed with doing everything from bed. Is it a heating issue? Although I've always assumed that she would whack the heating on full pelt for hours and their house would be stuffy. The only time i've spent that much time in bed, literally doing everything from it, was when I was seriously depressed

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Does anyone know why influencers are terrified of their own brows? I understand that they prefer when a professional styles and dyes them because they don't feel confident in doing a god job, but good lord everyone can pluck a couple of hairs here and there. Cleaning them up doesn't require skill at all, just having a pair of working eyes lol. Zoe's complaining about them on stories, Lydia developed caterpillars during the first lockdown and let's not even talk about the Anna edit. If they bother you that much just pick a pair of tweezers and clean them up a bit, it will be fine.

Reactions: 45
The only problem would be one chapter like Shakespeare and the other one like Zoellas blog....and if she tried to disguise zoellas writing too much people would know. So sadly she might have dumb downed her own writing ability
I just don’t get it. Clearly Zoe can’t write very well (she had a ghost writer for her first book fgs)- so WHY is she the one bringing out books. There’s so many people who have an actual talent in writing that would dream to do this

Also, I think another reason why her and Alfie won’t break up already is because their relationship is public. They probably don’t want to shock people or have to deal with people asking what happened

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Also, I think another reason why her and Alfie won’t break up already is because their relationship is public. They probably don’t want to shock people or have to deal with people asking what happened
They could do what Niomi Smart did when "Dreamy Joey" dumped her. She seemed to pretend Joe never even existed in her life and everything was all sunshine and rainbows.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
They could do what Niomi Smart did when "Dreamy Joe" dumped her. She seemed to pretend Joe never even existed in her life and everything was all sunshine and rainbows.
"In a way, I'm actually really glad that this has happened!" Um, sure Niomi...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Does anyone know why influencers are terrified of their own brows? I understand that they prefer when a professional styles and dyes them because they don't feel confident in doing a god job, but good lord everyone can pluck a couple of hairs here and there. Cleaning them up doesn't require skill at all, just having a pair of working eyes lol. Zoe's complaining about them on stories, Lydia developed caterpillars during the first lockdown and let's not even talk about the Anna edit. If they bother you that much just pick a pair of tweezers and clean them up a bit, it will be fine.
I do find it hilerious that the beauty industry have normalised that women should pay to get their eye brows done, to look suitably well kept. Hopefully lockdown will make many see that they don’t need to be paying others for all these treatments and can do much themselves to the same effect or go without. These brow ‘artists’ that insist that their clients should not under any circumstance touch their own eyebrows with tweezers. More fool the customers if they want to fool for that. There are some people with very unruly brows or very fair brows who may prefer or need to pay for a professional for shaping or tinting, but many influencers like Zoe are not particularly hairy or require tinting and could easily spend 10 mins a week plucking and shaping themselves. She’s pushing this normalisation on others to be good consumers and pay for eyebrow styling when she doesn’t even pay for her own! Plus when she does get them done they look terrible! They were much nicer back in the day when she did them herself!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I do find it hilerious that the beauty industry have normalised that women should pay to get their eye brows done, to look suitably well kept. Hopefully lockdown will make many see that they don’t need to be paying others for all these treatments and can do much themselves to the same effect or go without. These brow ‘artists’ that insist that their clients should not under any circumstance touch their own eyebrows with tweezers. More fool the customers if they want to fool for that. There are some people with very unruly brows or very fair brows who may prefer or need to pay for a professional for shaping or tinting, but many influencers like Zoe are not particularly hairy or require tinting and could easily spend 10 mins a week plucking and shaping themselves. She’s pushing this normalisation on others to be good consumers and pay for eyebrow styling when she doesn’t even pay for her own! Plus when she does get them done they look terrible! They were much nicer back in the day when she did them herself!
Right? I believe they have gotten so used to receiving every kind of treatment under the sun (eye brows shaping and plucking, eye lash extensions, hair treatments, manicures, massages, laser hair removal...) and almost always for free that they've become completely unable to do anything from themselves lol. And when they can't have all of this done like right now they go running like headless chickens and 'horrified' by their appearances.
I find that taking a bit of time to take care of yourself is actually quite relaxing and therapeutic. They should try it once in a while, it makes wonders and is a good way of passing time considering they are in a lockdown.

Reactions: 26
I just buy those small face wax strips, cut them into an arch, place it under my brow and hope for the best 😂 gets it done in a matter of seconds and I'm sorting for a few weeks.

Reactions: 16
"In a way, I'm actually really glad that this has happened!" Um, sure Niomi...
I mean to be fair, imagine if he left her at the altar or they’d done even more wedding planning or he dumped her when they were still overseas.. that would have been a million times harder! She probably has realised down the track that thank god he did it when he did lol

Reactions: 10
Wouldn’t it be easier and better to do this at a desk?!? She can’t be well.

Her massive office going to waste!
not to mention Alfie has a whole ass house as an office 20m from their house so she could use that too

Reactions: 13
On a random note: I've said a few times in this forum that my boyfriend and I remind me of Alfie and Zoe. We love each other a lot and have been together for almost 6 years. But my boyfriend checked out of the relationship a long time ago, and I was the only one desperate for attention.

The past week, I just sat down with him and told him that I want him to be in a relationship which makes him thrive and that he hurts me more by not loving me but holding onto me than just breaking up with me.

Zoe, as a girl who dated an Alfie - you just have to be frank and give them permission to breakup with you. Otherwise, they won't have the courage to do it. You'll be hurt and shocked at how quickly they admit the truth, but it's necessary.
sending love. I’ve been there: I was with my ex almost 9 years and it was so painful to realise we’d outgrown each other completely, but letting it go was the best thing. We’ve both moved on and found people much better suited to us now.

Zoe and Alfie definitely need to face reality. I don’t watch her much any more but I watched one of her videos the other day and she’s so dead eyed now; she looks so miserable.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
sending love. I’ve been there: I was with my ex almost 9 years and it was so painful to realise we’d outgrown each other completely, but letting it go was the best thing. We’ve both moved on and found people much better suited to us now.

Zoe and Alfie definitely need to face reality. I don’t watch her much any more but I watched one of her videos the other day and she’s so dead eyed now; she looks so miserable.
I wonder if their relationship is struggling because in their house it’s battle of the egos? We all know Alfie was a bit self-conscious about the fact that Zoe had/has more followers and subscribers than him and I do think he is a very arrogant, narcissistic idiot. Maybe their constant trying to outdo each other has caused tension in the relationship.

Reactions: 18
I just don’t get it. Clearly Zoe can’t write very well (she had a ghost writer for her first book fgs)- so WHY is she the one bringing out books. There’s so many people who have an actual talent in writing that would dream to do this
It's probably because she still has millions of followers so publishers, which are always looking for a safe bet, think she's a good investment, because she has her own platform, they won't have to invest too much on advertisement for her, she has a built-in audience who will buy the book just because it has her name on the cover. With unknown authors, publishing houses take a huge gamble, they spend lots on advertisement if they want the book to do well, and sometimes even that doesn't make returns on investment.

All that said, I'd love to know how much money they paid Zoe and how much they actually earned back from this book...

Reactions: 8
I was thinking the same, she did the same last lockdown!! I love getting my done professionally, but it doesn’t take much to pick up the tweezer & do them yourself. I know we are stuck inside, but still!!! & the time she spends “looking after herself” you think she would include her eyebrows!!

Reactions: 15
I was thinking the same, she did the same last lockdown!! I love getting my done professionally, but it doesn’t take much to pick up the tweezer & do them yourself. I know we are stuck inside, but still!!! & the time she spends “looking after herself” you think she would include her eyebrows!!
Exactly Ive been plucking the few stray ones of mine and they look fine.

Reactions: 6

You've done the right thing @bookish! Sending you so much courage as you get through this difficult period, but I know you will come out of it so much happier. You are one brave and strong woman. Take care of yourself. Your future is looking bright (unlike Zoe's).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.