Zoe Sugg #15 career increasingly dead, another ghostwritten book whilst she cozies in bed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I'd love to go to the Maldives. But yeah, why are they talking like it's been years in the planning? It's not difficult to book something, especially with time and money being no object to them... maybe they mean it's taken a year or two of negotiating to get the hotel and flights gifted/a paid-for holiday? 😒

And yes, Alfie talking about his contribution to the carbon emissions for his future travels was unnecessary, like it didn't even tie in, it was just a chance for him to seemingly blow his own horn. But it couldn't be more blatant. And saying "just in case you were worrying, no need to 👌" just seems so arrogant and smarmy.

I agree, the whole off-setting business seems to be a bit of a fig leaf, and a way to make these people feel better about themselves (and better than everyone else..ahem). I just remembered too, I think I read/heard that the trees that are planted are often not even the appropriate trees. So it really is just a token gesture.

Reactions: 13
Yep, the money is used to invest in environmental stuff like planting trees, but obviously that’s still much worse than choosing not to fly. Definitely to make rich people feel better. It’s like giving a filthy plate a quick wipe and talking about how clean it is despite the fact it’s still smeared with crap

He brought it because he has zero critical thinking skills and thinks it makes him a hero, which suits his fans just fine
Because he has no critical thinking skills indeed - does it not occur to him if it were that simple and effective, all rich environmentalists could just pay our way out of the crisis with centuries of offsetting?

It’s ideal for him though. Something he can mindlessly throw money at and deflect criticism with, rather than engage with the real issues. It’s actually laughable he added that, as if it’s impressive. In reality it makes me feel far more critical of his environmental credentials than I usually would be.

Reactions: 15
Random question but I swear in an old vlog of hers sometime around Halloween, Zoe and Mark were talking about a trip they planned to take to Salem, going as far as booking the place....is my mind playing tricks on me, was that ever discussed? And if so do we know what happened to this supposed trip? Or have I completely fabricated this??

Reactions: 9
Random question but I swear in an old vlog of hers sometime around Halloween, Zoe and Mark were talking about a trip they planned to take to Salem, going as far as booking the place....is my mind playing tricks on me, was that ever discussed? And if so do we know what happened to this supposed trip? Or have I completely fabricated this??
Yeh I remember that. And they couldn't work out that Salem is extremely close to Boston, so it wasn't a difficult long trip at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Though previously I have heard them mention Bora Bora instead of Maldives as the amazing place to go.
And talking of Australia, I highly doubt they are going to make that big trip so quickly. Like yes, they talk about Australia, BUT I definitely don't believe they have managed to make a plan for this "big one" so quickly, considering they discussed that in December. Too "spontaneous" for them hahaha.
Wherever they are going I guarantee they have ‘reached out’ to some airline/ hotel rather than just paying

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Is Zoe seriously using Caroline Flack’s death as a reason to go on about her “suffering” online?! She and Alfie are out of touch, clueless and walk around with their heads up their arses but this is ridiculous.

• Angry
Reactions: 39
The amount of passive aggressive 'be kind' quotes she's posted on Instagram are ridiculous. So very clearly making it all about herself, and yet really, what can she actually complain about? She hasn't been hounded by the media, has she?

She's been called out for doing stupid, greedy tit - ripping children off with her overpriced advent calendar, refusing to meet her fans who'd paid through the nose at Hello World, pretending she's an author when she had her book ghostwritten, making inappropriate jokes about DV. She's brought that on herself. If her own greed hadn't led her into these actions, then I doubt she would attract much negative commentary at all.

She just doesn't believe she should face any kind of scrutiny or criticism for her decisions - yet fails to understand that putting yourself in the public eye is a double edged sword. You get to make a lot of money from your fans, you get thousands of adoring comments for the most banal post - that's how egos grow to the size of houses and people lose touch with reality. Other than the blatantly nasty, trolling comments (which I agree are totally uncalled for and should be ignored) I think influencers should be encouraged to engage openly with their criticism and use it to ground themselves and develop. The problem is that when you only believe the positive is 'true' you can never grow as a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Granted, I could have phrased it better but it just seems her posts are disingenuous.
Maybe it’s my cynical head but it just seems that with these two, nothing is ever done out of altruism- there’s always a self-interested angle.
I could be wrong. I hope I’m wrong!

Reactions: 12
The amount of passive aggressive 'be kind' quotes she's posted on Instagram are ridiculous. So very clearly making it all about herself, and yet really, what can she actually complain about? She hasn't been hounded by the media, has she?

She's been called out for doing stupid, greedy tit - ripping children off with her overpriced advent calendar, refusing to meet her fans who'd paid through the nose at Hello World, pretending she's an author when she had her book ghostwritten, making inappropriate jokes about DV. She's brought that on herself. If her own greed hadn't led her into these actions, then I doubt she would attract much negative commentary at all.

She just doesn't believe she should face any kind of scrutiny or criticism for her decisions - yet fails to understand that putting yourself in the public eye is a double edged sword. You get to make a lot of money from your fans, you get thousands of adoring comments for the most banal post - that's how egos grow to the size of houses and people lose touch with reality. Other than the blatantly nasty, trolling comments (which I agree are totally uncalled for and should be ignored) I think influencers should be encouraged to engage openly with their criticism and use it to ground themselves and develop. The problem is that when you only believe the positive is 'true' you can never grow as a person.
Also the comments arnt said to her they are written on a forum where she has a choice whether to read them or not. Its not like we are commenting on her IG or twitter.

Reactions: 8
So anything anyone perceives of you through what you demonstrates /how you act/speak is fictitious if it's negative impressions ?

Keep kidding yourself.
20200218_005336.jpg
20200218_005326.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I wonder if she can see comments that are automatically deleted on youtube or instagram, maybe a ton of her followers are posting but its just getting deletes so we cant see

Reactions: 6
it feels really insincere zoe sharing all these quotes. i truly believe her mindset is "everyones talking about the media on mental health! ive been through things like that so i know what i'm talking about! i have to deal with hate all the time!" when in reality near enough everyone has to go through times when it feels like the whole worlds against them, influencer or not.

it comes across this way because she most likely says horrible stuff about people behind their back, we know what shes like (joking about DV), we've seen how she used to behave (old tweets). its borderline hypocritical...

Reactions: 12
I find it pretty disgusting that Zoe seems to be comparing herself to Caroline Flack. The woman was hounded to the point where she couldn't go on, all Zoe gets is people on sites like this chatting (she's in the public eye, bad comments will happen) and comments on her photos pulling her up whenever she does wrong. She is absolutely shameless, a complete and utter child who is selfish and only cares about something if it affects her.

Reactions: 24
Did she not think about what Tarrrn was going through when she spent years making digs at her? Did she not think of domestic violence people were going through when she, on camera, pretended that Alfie was hitting her?
Does she not think of anyone but herself? Answer to all is no. She has no right to speak on kindness or mental health. She can take her £13k raised over 5 years and shove it up her arse.

Reactions: 38
13k in 5 years ive seen people raise more than that in a month for charity

Reactions: 19
Notice how all the women Zoe has been friends with over the years are bigger than her. Tanya, Louise, Poppy, Holly...just saying.

Reactions: 23
13k in 5 years ive seen people raise more than that in a month for charity
Celeste Barber, instagram comedian, raised like 50mil for the aussie fires. Zoe couldve done a lot more. 13k helps, definitely, but considering the size of her platform and her influence (especially 4-5yrs ago) it is a really sad amount.

Reactions: 20
Ugh Alfie thinking he’s a hero for offsetting. It’s a waste of time Alf! Great, you’re planting trees 👏🏻 but how many years until those trees actually offset the environmental damage caused by you in your flat bed business class seat? There won’t be a planet left to offset you moron.

If you gave a tit but still wanted to travel you could consider downgrading to plebeian class to reduce your carbon load factor but of course you can’t be expected to do that, that’s beneath you.
Influencers drive me bleeping potty when they preach to their followers about being sustainable and then carry on regardless.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.