Zoe Bee Beauty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m normally on the Hinch thread but after seeing this thread at the bottom of my screen I had to have a look.
I suffered with cystic acne for nearly 15 years so I tried her green cream, back when the prices weren’t a complete rip off. I was told my skin would purge for 6 weeks then become clear. It took six months to become fully clear but it worked, so I stopped using it. A few days later my face broke out again so I messaged and was told I had to constantly use it if I wanted my skin to stay clear, which I did. I purchased one pot when she put her prices up which made my skin purge again only this time I was left with red pigmentation, I messaged and asked if the ingredients had changed and Kim told me they had but wouldn’t say what they were, that it was Zoe’s secret recipe. This was last year and I’m still marked 😞
Maybe you can file a claim for compensation?

Reactions: 2
That’s outrageous. It’s a legal requirement to state the ingredients. I am so so sorry you’ve been left with these marks, I hope in time they will heal for you 🙏🏻
Also it’s so tricky when a company is not educated in European cosmetic laws 🙈 the poor customer can run into all sorts of problems as a result.

I checked out the claims on this companies website and they don’t comply with EU legislation (or UK).

Maybe you can file a claim for compensation?
I agree. You’d definitely have grounds.

Reactions: 1
Also it’s so tricky when a company is not educated in European cosmetic laws 🙈 the poor customer can run into all sorts of problems as a result.

I checked out the claims on this companies website and they don’t comply with EU legislation (or UK).

I agree. You’d definitely have grounds.
Judging by her posts recently (where the lady doth protest too much about people liking or disliking her 🙄) I think she gives more of a tit about what people think of her than complying with EU legislation regs!!
I don’t get it, where does any of this crap she continuously posts have anything to do with selling her rip off creams? I might find some of her content interesting if it was skincare related but the majority is copy and pastes pretending she’s written it.
Since you read here fraud Bee, I’d be interested to know what SPF is supposedly in your creams, rather than another load of bollocks about how we shouldn’t care what people think of us.
You clearly can’t handle it, the more you post about it, the more obvious you are, honestly no one bleeping cares, it’s 2021 and most people with a business can sell things without the need to inflate their ego every day 👍🏻

TL;DR ex-customer gets screwed over by ZB creams, exposes the truth but got shut down for it. Shady company overall that just seems interested in overcharging gullible facebook moms for a bit of oil
Wow I'm so glad I found this thread, I only wish I knew about it whilst I was having a problem with her creams. I bought her creams back when the jars had the old design and she was still working from her kitchen (this was like late 2019). I knew they were expensive (and that was even back then) but bit the bullet because there were so many good reviews hailing it as a "miracle cream." The website also boasts how it "heals" various skin conditions like acne and psoriasis (the wording has now changed since then thank goodness). After using her creams, I went from having decent skin to the worst skin I've had since puberty. My face erupted in huge and painful spots that would leave significant scarring (most of it has gone now but even almost 2 years later there is still residual scarring I'm still trying to get rid of rip). Contacted her several times and each time she suggested changing various steps in my skincare routine, asking me to spend £££ on switching to an all-natural skincare routine entirely, because apparently the toner I had been using for years with no problems was suddenly the cause of my spots. And like the naive idiot I was back then, I listened to her.
6 months passed, and nothing was improving. I was well past her advised 4-8 week purging phase and was still struggling with these huge spots. In this time period I had also done a bit more research and found that there were no active ingredients in the old formulation. Active ingredients that increase skin cell turnover and are therefore likely to cause purging are typically not in creams and esp not in hers. Back when she was working in her kitchen she posted clips of her making the creams and using a wooden 🤢spoon to scoop the creams out of the mixing bowl which can't be properly sterilised. Also it makes you question how clean is her kitchen and cake mixer stand. She claimed to not use any agents to bulk up her creams yet the mixing process in itself incorporates air into the creams therefore making them more voluminous, and you guessed it, bulky. She persisted in a later email that she didn't do this yet an old instagram post contadicts her own words. The Zoe bee glow everyone raves about is just the oily sheen of the butters?? The SPF claim is shady without any certification or testing, as is the efficacy of the creams without proper dermatological testing. And finally, the ingredients of each of the creams were fundamentally the same, just one/two added ingredients to the base formula gave rise to each cream, again ingredients that are not skincare actives.
I reviewed her honestly giving both pros and cons and she deleted my review without explanation. I had to email her myself asking why. I got a lengthy response about how their thousands of good reviews must mean their products work and I was wrong to say I had been misled. Except they deleted my review and possibly more that didn't have a good experience, which in itself deceives potential customers in thinking there were only positive reviews. Long story short I got a refund. I actually continued using the creams as I didn't want it to waste and over time my skin reverted close to normal, after I used it as a second moisturiser. However I was not happy with how I was treated by the company, they don't respect people who have problems using their creams and basically blame the customer's skin and not their products. I think I only got the refund because they just wanted me to shut up. I'm sad to see other customers being denied a refund - ask, ask, ask! Since this ordeal I think I've seen quite a few bad reviews being deleted which imo is super unprofessional! She also quietly increased her prices massively in the first lockdown and didn't explain the HUGE increase until she got called out for it. It's definitely an easy DIY product to make yet she's charging lots, probably to cover her Tesla insurance. Don't get me started on that £26 jar of sugar with 2% coffee and clay!

Reactions: 4
TL;DR ex-customer gets screwed over by ZB creams, exposes the truth but got shut down for it. Shady company overall that just seems interested in overcharging gullible facebook moms for a bit of oil
Wow I'm so glad I found this thread, I only wish I knew about it whilst I was having a problem with her creams. I bought her creams back when the jars had the old design and she was still working from her kitchen (this was like late 2019). I knew they were expensive (and that was even back then) but bit the bullet because there were so many good reviews hailing it as a "miracle cream." The website also boasts how it "heals" various skin conditions like acne and psoriasis (the wording has now changed since then thank goodness). After using her creams, I went from having decent skin to the worst skin I've had since puberty. My face erupted in huge and painful spots that would leave significant scarring (most of it has gone now but even almost 2 years later there is still residual scarring I'm still trying to get rid of rip). Contacted her several times and each time she suggested changing various steps in my skincare routine, asking me to spend £££ on switching to an all-natural skincare routine entirely, because apparently the toner I had been using for years with no problems was suddenly the cause of my spots. And like the naive idiot I was back then, I listened to her.
6 months passed, and nothing was improving. I was well past her advised 4-8 week purging phase and was still struggling with these huge spots. In this time period I had also done a bit more research and found that there were no active ingredients in the old formulation. Active ingredients that increase skin cell turnover and are therefore likely to cause purging are typically not in creams and esp not in hers. Back when she was working in her kitchen she posted clips of her making the creams and using a wooden 🤢spoon to scoop the creams out of the mixing bowl which can't be properly sterilised. Also it makes you question how clean is her kitchen and cake mixer stand. She claimed to not use any agents to bulk up her creams yet the mixing process in itself incorporates air into the creams therefore making them more voluminous, and you guessed it, bulky. She persisted in a later email that she didn't do this yet an old instagram post contadicts her own words. The Zoe bee glow everyone raves about is just the oily sheen of the butters?? The SPF claim is shady without any certification or testing, as is the efficacy of the creams without proper dermatological testing. And finally, the ingredients of each of the creams were fundamentally the same, just one/two added ingredients to the base formula gave rise to each cream, again ingredients that are not skincare actives.
I reviewed her honestly giving both pros and cons and she deleted my review without explanation. I had to email her myself asking why. I got a lengthy response about how their thousands of good reviews must mean their products work and I was wrong to say I had been misled. Except they deleted my review and possibly more that didn't have a good experience, which in itself deceives potential customers in thinking there were only positive reviews. Long story short I got a refund. I actually continued using the creams as I didn't want it to waste and over time my skin reverted close to normal, after I used it as a second moisturiser. However I was not happy with how I was treated by the company, they don't respect people who have problems using their creams and basically blame the customer's skin and not their products. I think I only got the refund because they just wanted me to shut up. I'm sad to see other customers being denied a refund - ask, ask, ask! Since this ordeal I think I've seen quite a few bad reviews being deleted which imo is super unprofessional! She also quietly increased her prices massively in the first lockdown and didn't explain the HUGE increase until she got called out for it. It's definitely an easy DIY product to make yet she's charging lots, probably to cover her Tesla insurance. Don't get me started on that £26 jar of sugar with 2% coffee and clay!
Blimey, sounds like you had a right ordeal with it all, BUT you get a refund so well done on that front as I don’t think anyone else ever really does as it sounds like she tells everyone the same story of ‘your skin is just purging’ and the majority just suck it up and blame their skin for its reaction, rather than the creams!
I remember seeing a post saying she had been approached to have her creams mass produced and put in shops, and how she would never do this as she wanted to keep it homemade. I smelt bullshit straight away. It’s all very clever tactical ways that have clearly worked to over hype the products.
The amount of over hyping of the products has been laughable since I first ever came across the brand. The countdown to when she would be opening the shop through lockdown, and how there was thousands of people waiting to get their hands on the products, well there may well of been after announcements like that, if the government can get us to panic buy toilet roll an petrol, it’s not hard to make anything look hotter than it actually is!
she also did a post not so long ago doing her usual passive aggressive whinge, where she said she sees things written that say the creams are simple and could be made at home. She then went on to say how that was the point, they are made at home 🤣
I don’t think she gets the point, it wouldn’t matter if you put all those ingredients together in the middle of the woods, it would still be overpriced and something that anyone could create at home for much cheaper, and just because people don’t have the time, it doesn’t make her creams anything special, or a ‘miracle’ as she likes to say.
Negative reviews are regularly deleted, I’ve seen it with my own eyes, which says a lot about her if you really think about it.
If she can’t accept that not everyone is going to get on, or like her products, she needs a thicker skin and she also needs to understand that people have a right to leave an honest review - good or bad.
I find her very false, and I don’t buy in to the giving to dog charity, the tree planting and now wanting to send creams to hospitals for radiation burns. She comes across as desperate to be seen as kind and giving, it’s a constant with her. If it was in anyway legitimate, in my opinion, with the amount of money she’s raking in, she would be doing charitable things in silence without the need for all the bravado and recognition.
I also feel she likes to come across as relatable with the way she says she never wanted the brand to be faceless, it just seems like a way for her to get continuous attention which perhaps explains her breast implants she claims she had that she had to have removed years later due to breast implant illness (and not possibly because as the face of a natural brand, her having fake breasts looked absolutely ridiculous) 😉
I think as time goes on there will be more that comes out about this company and I don’t feel it’s going to be good.

I just find that when it comes to her creams she's just a total child. She acts as if she invented the concept of whipping shea. And gets butthurt when people "copy" her. Whipped shea is not her trademark, and guess what, it's so easy to do of course other people are going to do it.
Regarding the negative review thing, she posted this story a while back denying that she deletes reviews, but obviously I have email proof that she deleted mine and plus I know it's not there anymore. I had to rewrite my review and send it to her so she could approve it first. Talk about that for transparency?? And many people who've left bad reviews can probably attest the same. PS: peep the hair dangling over the creams. Hope no one ever got a cream with a hair in it.
B77FA8C3-6F1A-4228-8208-B6D99FFDC281.JPG
6283F2E5-0823-4E79-B117-609527096690.JPG

I just find that when it comes to her creams she's just a total child. She acts as if she invented the concept of whipping shea. And gets butthurt when people "copy" her. Whipped shea is not her trademark, and guess what, it's so easy to do of course other people are going to do it.
Regarding the negative review thing, she posted this story a while back denying that she deletes reviews, but obviously I have email proof that she deleted mine and plus I know it's not there anymore. I had to rewrite my review and send it to her so she could approve it first. Talk about that for transparency?? And many people who've left bad reviews can probably attest the same. PS: peep the hair dangling over the creams. Hope no one ever got a cream with a hair in it.View attachment 803666View attachment 803667

Negative reviews have 100% been deleted!! I've read them with my own eyes and have since miraculously been removed

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I hope she didn't comment on people making creams at home due to my postings on here!
She reads here, I think she makes it obvious. She responds to things that are quoted here a lot, not always immediately - but just sits on her anger for a while probably boiling over before she posts 😂
There was a post from her a while back about people leaving fake bad reviews based only on the fact they didn’t like her, and that it was nothing to do with the creams and therefore unfair as a small business owner.
She tries to give people a right telling off for negative reviews and has done for a long time so I don’t know what the truth is regarding reviews, but she seems really fixated on her wonder creams being loved by all.
And ZB when you do read here, you aren’t being trolled over deletion of negative reviews, it’s just fact, and you know it.

Regarding the negative review thing, she posted this story a while back denying that she deletes reviews, but obviously I have email proof that she deleted mine and plus I know it's not there anymore. I had to rewrite my review and send it to her so she could approve it first. Talk about that for transparency?? And many people who've left bad reviews can probably attest the same. PS: peep the hair dangling over the creams. Hope no one ever got a cream with a hair in it.View attachment 803666View attachment 803667
Spot on. And as for the hair in the bowl that isn’t surprised.
She was once in the daily fail claiming she was earning 20k a year, years before the brand supposedly went crazy.
The comments on the article were gold.
She was running a really dodgy show back then. No ingredients listed, batch numbers, or use by date.
Tax man hadn’t heard of her either.
I’ll see if I can find the article

Article from 2016.
Have a browse back through her 2016 posts. It’s obvious she was probably selling 5-10 jars of cream a week, if that!
20k a year was a big fat lie, and unfortunately she got roasted in the comments section as she was dodging every beauty regulation under the sun!

Article written in august 2016...
Company only registered with companies house in June 2016.
I’m not accountant and no idea how it all works, however it’s all on the internet for everyone to see, but I don’t see any kind of earnings like she stated.
Hype and publicity is what she is has always done, I rest my case.

Attachments

Last edited:
She reads here, I think she makes it obvious. She responds to things that are quoted here a lot, not always immediately - but just sits on her anger for a while probably boiling over before she posts 😂
There was a post from her a while back about people leaving fake bad reviews based only on the fact they didn’t like her, and that it was nothing to do with the creams and therefore unfair as a small business owner.
She tries to give people a right telling off for negative reviews and has done for a long time so I don’t know what the truth is regarding reviews, but she seems really fixated on her wonder creams being loved by all.
And ZB when you do read here, you aren’t being trolled over deletion of negative reviews, it’s just fact, and you know it.

Spot on. And as for the hair in the bowl that isn’t surprised.
She was once in the daily fail claiming she was earning 20k a year, years before the brand supposedly went crazy.
The comments on the article were gold.
She was running a really dodgy show back then. No ingredients listed, batch numbers, or use by date.
Tax man hadn’t heard of her either.
I’ll see if I can find the article

Article from 2016.
Have a browse back through her 2016 posts. It’s obvious she was probably selling 5-10 jars of cream a week, if that!
20k a year was a big fat lie, and unfortunately she got roasted in the comments section as she was dodging every beauty regulation under the sun!

Article written in august 2016...
Company only registered with companies house in June 2016.
I’m not accountant and no idea how it all works, however it’s all on the internet for everyone to see, but I don’t see any kind of earnings like she stated.
Hype and publicity is what she is has always done, I rest my case.
Damn. This company is so shady. She does a good job of telling us how the sales from her rip off creams have funded her huge new house and car!
It's totally fine and normal to want your page to be a "positive space." But you cant live life through rose tinted glasses and pretend the bad reviews never existed. Bad reviews are a source of constructive criticism, not some personal attack on you. Although I wasn't aware of people leaving bad reviews because they didn't like her, what did they say??
Selling face creams isn't like selling homemade jams or cupcakes, you actually HAVE to invest in proper testing (testing on your kids and on your psoriasis does not count sorry) and certification. I find it so funny how her larger kitchen is dubbed "the Zoe Bee lab" as if serious chemical formulations are made in there 😂 and the listing of ingredients on her creams being in all their scientific names as if it's been clinical proven lol.
I saw this on one of her more recent posts, still folding her creams using a wooden spatula. Except this time the spatula hasn't been washed between batches and so you can see some green (or a colour that definitely isnt pink) cream still stuck on the handle 🤢 just imagine the cross contamination that wooden utensils carry.

Attachments

Damn. This company is so shady. She does a good job of telling us how the sales from her rip off creams have funded her huge new house and car!
It's totally fine and normal to want your page to be a "positive space." But you cant live life through rose tinted glasses and pretend the bad reviews never existed. Bad reviews are a source of constructive criticism, not some personal attack on you. Although I wasn't aware of people leaving bad reviews because they didn't like her, what did they say??
Selling face creams isn't like selling homemade jams or cupcakes, you actually HAVE to invest in proper testing (testing on your kids and on your psoriasis does not count sorry) and certification. I find it so funny how her larger kitchen is dubbed "the Zoe Bee lab" as if serious chemical formulations are made in there 😂 and the listing of ingredients on her creams being in all their scientific names as if it's been clinical proven lol.
I saw this on one of her more recent posts, still folding her creams using a wooden spatula. Except this time the spatula hasn't been washed between batches and so you can see some green (or a colour that definitely isnt pink) cream still stuck on the handle 🤢 just imagine the cross contamination that wooden utensils carry.
I don’t think there is a house grand enough, or a car fancy enough, to make this woman happy.
As much as she likes to talk about positivity, I never see any thing positive from her.
She talks far too much about her past, her friendship circle, people disliking her or her products. It’s clear what she’s living for.
The attention...
I also found 2 other newspaper articles about her completely unrelated to her business, one about her and her husband angry because they got refused a mortgage, and the other one about her son who worked when he was a teenager and didn’t get paid for the work he did. I read them both rolling my eyes 😂
It all just screamed of desperation to get her name out there.

I have not yet seen a business owner that seems to crave so much public adoration and attention, I find it strange.
She seems to have limited intelligence, or just genuinely thinks she can dupe and fool people in to thinking the things she posts are from her own mind. I know she scours the web for quotes etc and then passes them off as her own, as it doesn’t take long to find the OP.
She will post and then seems to lap up all the ‘these are beautiful words Zoe’

I don’t think the business can develop much further, because when you look at her newest idea of the Beetox box, she hasn’t come up with anything exciting or unique.
A wooden bowl, spoon and face mask brush with her logo on, to her might seem special, but it looks sloppy and not very well thought out, all to go with a little bottle of clay that my guess is you’ll mix with water or the jojoba oil - this is also sloppy and nothing original since she actually made a video on YouTube ages ago about how she used Aztec clay mixed with either water or aloe Vera.
Her problem now will be, if she copies someone else’s idea (which IMO she clearly did with the creams to start with) there are too many people on to her now, and if she did try to copy someone else’s product, she no doubt would be outed, and quickly.
At the moment I think she gets off on thinking people adore her and her products are life changing.

For me ZB is in no way credible.
Too many lies and untruths.

Oh dear.
Definitely reading here tonight 🙄
Looks like we can now expect some thoughts that actually may be written by ZB (or is it written by her son, judging by this, I’m not so sure 😂😂😂)

Anyway ZB, just wondering, if I leave you a negative review will your door always be open? 🤣
#dontgiveupyourdayjobZB

Attachments

Last edited:
Shady. All very shady deleting reviews 🤔.
People seem to flock for her shea creams though.

What techniques do you think she used to attract all these very eager women?

I note she does the limited openings, but there must be more reasons why it’s managed to obtain such a cult following (despite being really simplistic and pricey) ?? 🤯

I note she does the limited openings, but there must be more reasons why it’s managed to obtain such a cult following (despite being really simplistic and pricey) ?? 🤯
She used lots of clever marketing tactics.
Posts with lots of boxes or photos with lots of creams made up, and then claims of thousands of products being sold at one time.
It was shady as duck considering at one point she was claiming she was selling thousands of products a week, and then after that she was opening her online shop saying she could only accept 500 orders at a time.
It was all complete bullshit.
She did this for a while before then going on to opening the shop at set times, which made people panic buy. In the early days she sent her creams to a few Z listers including Malin Anderson and Lauren Goodger.
I realised what she was doing with the marketing techniques when she accidentally posted the same photo of her self with post bags on two different dates claiming she’d sold thousands.

Forgot to add - she bought a LOT of followers, her follower count used to go up some nights by 1000, and this happened for a good few months, I remember checking her stats once and she lost over 700 followers in one night where the gram had obviously done a bot account clear out. Buying the followers also made it look like she was growing in popularity quickly. Not sure if the daily fail article ever helped though 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
I think that it takes a lot of work to produce 500 pots of home made cream, and to maintain marketing and ship it all - so she is definitely not a lazy woman!
(Especially if she is also editing all the reviews 😉

But coming back to the posters who had the skin reactions - I think it would be worthwhile to go to a dermatologist.

Yes, products need to be tested and all ingredients need to be declared, precisely to avoid allergic reactions.

I still think home made is the way to go, I made some really nice body lotion on the weekend for autumn and it cost me maybe 1 pound. And it smells amazing and makes my skin so soft!

I can also recommend FaceTheory, I used them before and especially love their one of their night cream (smells a bit like lavender and is very relaxing). It started to get mouldy after a while and this I when I realised that organic cosmetics need to be used up real quick.

I think that it takes a lot of work to produce 500 pots of home made cream, and to maintain marketing and ship it all - so she is definitely not a lazy woman!
(Especially if she is also editing all the reviews 😉

But coming back to the posters who had the skin reactions - I think it would be worthwhile to go to a dermatologist.

Yes, products need to be tested and all ingredients need to be declared, precisely to avoid allergic reactions.

I still think home made is the way to go, I made some really nice body lotion on the weekend for autumn and it cost me maybe 1 pound. And it smells amazing and makes my skin so soft!

I can also recommend FaceTheory, I used them before and especially love their one of their night cream (smells a bit like lavender and is very relaxing). It started to get mouldy after a while and this I when I realised that organic cosmetics need to be used up real quick.
Oh definitely not lazy, but when it comes to looking after her children that’s a whole other story 😂 she’s a real busy 🐝 especially with all the hours of web browsing looking for written material she can pass off as her own!

an autumn body lotion sounds lovely by the way, is it scented with all things autumnal? 😍

Oh definitely not lazy, but when it comes to looking after her children that’s a whole other story 😂 she’s a real busy 🐝 especially with all the hours of web browsing looking for written material she can pass off as her own!

an autumn body lotion sounds lovely by the way, is it scented with all things autumnal? 😍
Yes, I used a blend from one of the websites I shared to scent it!