Zoe Bee Beauty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just saw this thread by coincidence and had a look at the site.

I think you can make most of these products at home for little money. There are good websites and books on how to make your own cosmetics.

Last year, in lockdown, I started making some creams myself - for my parents that had some skin problems. It was real easy and cheap, too.
I then also started to make my own scented candles.

Here are some websites I have looked at and used recipes from:

I have a collection of essential oils now, and they are not cheap if you want high quality, but the other ingredients are not expensive.

My advice would be to invest in good basics and then do research on the healing properties of essential oils depending on your needs and purchase them in the best quality you can afford.

I really like frankincense and I made a night cream with lavender that I love as it calms me down at night and in the morning I use my body wash that I made with orange oil.

It's fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I think you can make most of these products at home for little money. There are good websites and books on how to make your own cosmetics.

Last year, in lockdown, I started making some creams myself - for my parents that had some skin problems. It was real easy and cheap, too.

I have a collection of essential oils now, and they are not cheap if you want high quality, but the other ingredients are not expensive.

My advice would be to invest in good basics and then do research on the healing properties of essential oils depending on your needs and purchase them in the best quality you can afford.

I really like frankincense and I made a night cream with lavender that I love as it calms me down at night and in the morning I use my body wash that I made with orange oil.

It's fun!
Thank you! I will have a look

H

It's fun!
How do you make the body wash?

H

How do you make the body wash?
It's really easy, I usually wing it.

I take 2 cups liquid glycerin (I have a stack of glycerin soaps and just melt one), add a cup of water, then two tea spoons of jojoba oil and a little bit of salt (maybe half a tea spoon?).
Then I add around 20 - 40 drops of orange oil and sometimes mix a bit peppermint oil in (essential oils). These two oils are fairly inexpensive.
I wouldn't use rose essential oil or anything else that is so expensive, as the body wash washes off - it is mainly to get the scent. I feel orange and peppermint wake me up - but you could use anything you want.
If you shower at night maybe try lavender or rosemary oils (also fairly inexpensive).

WORD OF WARNING:
These homemade potions don't last very long - I only make small batches and use them up within a month.
This is because there are no preservatives in the mix, so the cremes will go off quickly.

If you buy the cremes from Zoe Bee I would always use a spatula and clean it after every use if you don't want to use the creams up so quickly, otherwise you are essentially cultivating bacteria in the creme pot.

ETA: If you don't want to use glycerin you could also get this, which is on my wish list as well (but I want to use up my stack of soaps first and am not too concerned about shower gel as it doesn't stay on the skin long):

Reactions: 1

I take 2 cups liquid glycerin (I have a stack of glycerin soaps and just melt one), add a cup of water, then two tea spoons of jojoba oil and a little bit of salt (maybe half a tea spoon?).
Then I add around 20 - 40 drops of orange oil and sometimes mix a bit peppermint oil in (essential oils). These two oils are fairly inexpensive.
I wouldn't use rose essential oil or anything else that is so expensive, as the body wash washes off - it is mainly to get the scent. I feel orange and peppermint wake me up - but you could use anything you want.
If you shower at night maybe try lavender or rosemary oils (also fairly inexpensive).

WORD OF WARNING:
These homemade potions don't last very long - I only make small batches and use them up within a month.
This is because there are no preservatives in the mix, so the cremes will go off quickly.

If you buy the cremes from Zoe Bee I would always use a spatula and clean it after every use if you don't want to use the creams up so quickly, otherwise you are essentially cultivating bacteria in the creme pot.

ETA: If you don't want to use glycerin you could also get this, which is on my wish list as well (but I want to use up my stack of soaps first and am not too concerned about shower gel as it doesn't stay on the skin long):
Thank you for this I would love to make my own soap and things I never thought to use a spatula for pots of creams either

WORD OF WARNING:

Thank you again!

Thank you for this I would love to make my own soap and things I never thought to use a spatula for pots of creams either
Go for it! You will need to buy some ingredients initially, but if you store them correctly they will last for a long time and essentially you will save money and also have nice gifts for birthdays or Xmas.

Re spatula: If you use organic skin care without preservatives you will add bacteria to the pot every time you use the cream if you use your fingers. If you use L'Oreal or something like this you don't need to do this as there are preservatives in the cream.
And heat and sunlight can also damage organic skin care, therefore it is best to use dark containers (eg brown glass).
The shelf life of a home made organic face cream is only around 4 weeks.

Reactions: 2
Go for it! You will need to buy some ingredients initially, but if you store them correctly they will last for a long time and essentially you will save money and also have nice gifts for birthdays or Xmas.

Re spatula: If you use organic skin care without preservatives you will add bacteria to the pot every time you use the cream if you use your fingers. If you use L'Oreal or something like this you don't need to do this as there are preservatives in the cream.
And heat and sunlight can also damage organic skin care, therefore it is best to use dark containers (eg brown glass).
The shelf life of a home made organic face cream is only around 4 weeks.
Thank you for the knowledge 😁 I am going to make some coco body butter!

Just wondering how much little miss imagination will be charging for a pointless wooden spoon and bowl, face brush, rip of cream, Amazon jojoba oil which will no doubt be from some far off land or Aladdins cave 🤣 and some ‘special’ clay apparently from a volcano. Will she claim she went to Spain to hand capture it all from the eruption 🤔🤣
fraud bee strikes again!

Just wondering how much little miss imagination will be charging for a pointless wooden spoon and bowl, face brush, rip of cream, Amazon jojoba oil which will no doubt be from some far off land or Aladdins cave 🤣 and some ‘special’ clay apparently from a volcano. Will she claim she went to Spain to hand capture it all from the eruption 🤔🤣
fraud bee strikes again!
Just seen this on her Instagram too bet it will cost over or around £100.

Just seen this on her Instagram too bet it will cost over or around £100.
Compare her to Lucy Bee’s branding and products and you can see how clueless and amateur she is at creating anything new or interesting. Perhaps something will come to her in a dream, or a Google search 🤣🤣🤣

fraud bee strikes again!
Where is the tissue paper - or something else - to line the box? It looks like it's all been thrown in there, without so much as a quick check to make sure it's looking its best. Such a lost opportunity. She should've added a loofah, too.

• Haha
I’m normally on the Hinch thread but after seeing this thread at the bottom of my screen I had to have a look.
I suffered with cystic acne for nearly 15 years so I tried her green cream, back when the prices weren’t a complete rip off. I was told my skin would purge for 6 weeks then become clear. It took six months to become fully clear but it worked, so I stopped using it. A few days later my face broke out again so I messaged and was told I had to constantly use it if I wanted my skin to stay clear, which I did. I purchased one pot when she put her prices up which made my skin purge again only this time I was left with red pigmentation, I messaged and asked if the ingredients had changed and Kim told me they had but wouldn’t say what they were, that it was Zoe’s secret recipe. This was last year and I’m still marked 😞

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I’m normally on the Hinch thread but after seeing this thread at the bottom of my screen I had to have a look.
I suffered with cystic acne for nearly 15 years so I tried her green cream, back when the prices weren’t a complete rip off. I was told my skin would purge for 6 weeks then become clear. It took six months to become fully clear but it worked, so I stopped using it. A few days later my face broke out again so I messaged and was told I had to constantly use it if I wanted my skin to stay clear, which I did. I purchased one pot when she put her prices up which made my skin purge again only this time I was left with red pigmentation, I messaged and asked if the ingredients had changed and Kim told me they had but wouldn’t say what they were, that it was Zoe’s secret recipe. This was last year and I’m still marked 😞
Omg! Are they allowed to not disclose ingredients?!!!! This is crazy. So sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Where is the tissue paper - or something else - to line the box? It looks like it's all been thrown in there, without so much as a quick check to make sure it's looking its best. Such a lost opportunity. She should've added a loofah, too.
And a pot of ‘ organic’ seaweed all the way from the depths of the Indian Ocean 😉
I’d of just chucked a bar of galaxy in that pile of over priced wank and said job done 😂

Is this kim the admin?

Attachments

Last edited:
I just quickly wanted to leave this here for you, it received it via newsletter to my email.
Looks like a good recipe, the essential oils can be adjusted to taste/need and consider the self life:

I have her book, it was good value on Kindle.

And btw: cosmetics must list ingredients, batch number and use by date.

I just quickly wanted to leave this here for you, it received it via newsletter to my email.
Looks like a good recipe, the essential oils can be adjusted to taste/need and consider the self life:

I have her book, it was good value on Kindle.

And btw: cosmetics must list ingredients, batch number and use by date.
But if your Zoe bee you can use secret ingredients? Not likely. I doubt she would jeopardise her whole business for the sake of so called secret ingredients if she knows they must be listed.
IMO There will not be a single secret thing about any of them. Just adds to the hype.

Here she goes again Zoe fraud air head thieving her words of wisdom from all over the net 🙄
Why does she need ‘staff’ when she clearly has plenty of time on her hands, it must take her ages to go round the net looking for things to copy and paste in to paragraphs 😂
Not quite sure who she’s trying to be, just sell your bleeping creams you dick head!
Trust Karen to get it so wrong 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
That’s outrageous. It’s a legal requirement to state the ingredients. I am so so sorry you’ve been left with these marks, I hope in time they will heal for you 🙏🏻