Zanna Van Dijk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are your thoughts on Zanna? She started off as a fitness vlogger, still is but also is into green living, vegan, etc.
she preaches about plastic usage, eating a plants based diet, saving the planet, slow fashion and has her own swimwear made out of resused plastic. All stuff I can get on board with however she is also a brand ambassador for adidas ( lucrative kerching)
She has just returned from Maldives to shoot for her swim line however she is blocking everyone who challenges her why she couldn’t do it in a Uk beach. Anyone questioning her usage of flights gets blocked.
She had flown to Maldives twice in last three months, Also this year gone to Switzerland, Greece, Hong Kong, Thailand, Belgium, Dubai, California, New York, Australia etc
So fed up with these influencers preaching to us what we cannot do whilst they jet off everywhere being paid to promote resorts and trips. Oh but because she eats a plant based diet she offsets her carbon footprint 🙄🤦‍♀️🤔 looks like madam just likes praise on her page and is more than happy to take money from ads ( not even sure she declares them all)

Reactions: 14
Another influencer curating their life to seem #goals but not attainable or sustainable for 99% of the population.

Reactions: 2
When she does an story of her walking along a beach and then that fake smiley laugh... It’s like she is looking down on everyone else!!!

Reactions: 1
When she does an story of her walking along a beach and then that fake smiley laugh... It’s like she is looking down on everyone else!!!
Yes true, I used to like her and even bought her book but she seems very career/money driven now. Can’t accept criticism either.

I also find it very hard to watch when she ‘breaks down’ And cries at her to do list yet will never turn down 3 foreign trips in a month! I used to really like her too

I also find it very hard to watch when she ‘breaks down’ And cries at her to do list yet will never turn down 3 foreign trips in a month! I used to really like her too
Yes she’s v sensitive, current insta post she mentions the hate she has received this week has broken her! Honestly less than 10 people from her 1000s followers have just asked about her flight usage

She defends herself saying it’s her job so basically has no other option. Uhm she has why Maldives for her swimwear shoot and not Cornwall beach? Also imagine we all had jobs like her, how good would that be for the planet.

Again anyone who sayd something negatieve on her latest oh woe me post, comments get deleted

Last edited:
Thankfully I didn't make it to the hypocrisy because her voice put me off so much I couldn't continue watching. Wasn't just the accent, was the tone and it was just kind of harsh. Am I the only one?

No you are not the only one. Her accent and voice drives me nuts
I am also really irritated by "fitness influencers" who have clear genetic advantages. Her vegan diet made no difference to her weight or her gains. She is just built like that. If I was 6 feet tall with her build and metabolism I would have long lean limbs. I don't think its anything to do with her diet and exercise.
I don't see any fitness progress or expertise which is why I stopped watching her.
My personal view is that vegan diets don't work for everyone, although I respect people's individual choices, I think metabolically and health wise they are not good for women in particular and it would be easy for some people to put on weight with a vegan diet which essentially is higher in carbs/starches and sugars.That's why I object to this being preached as a superior lifestyle when not everyone can participate.
Also don't forget her food also has air miles. And the more exotic it is,. e.g tropical fruit and non-native, its hard to argue that veganism is more environmentally friendly.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
She annoyed me with her constant coverage of her surgery. Yes, we understand that it’s not very nice. However to constantly go on is so tiring and not everyone really cares about every gory detail

Reactions: 5
She annoyed me with her constant coverage of her surgery. Yes, we understand that it’s not very nice. However to constantly go on is so tiring and not everyone really cares about every gory detail
Yes she will milk that one for years! Her bio even says emergency surgery survivor

The laugh at the end of EVERY video... It's so weird, you can she isn't comfortable doing the stories.

The laugh at the end of EVERY video... It's so weird, you can she isn't comfortable doing the stories.
Yes the laugh smile!!! Urgh. Did you know she had emergency surgery by the way? Not sure if she’d mentioned it?

Reactions: 4
Yes she will milk that one for years! Her bio even says emergency surgery survivor
Ha yeah I saw that. My child survived a life threatening illness when he was small but he doesn’t wear a flippin badge every day

Møre scar photos and a trip to California in 3 weeks- save that planet Zanna! 🤦‍♀️

Wow, just seen some stories for the first time out of curiosity.... very full of confidence but not in a good way. Believes own hype.

I think metabolically and health wise they are not good for women in particular and it would be easy for some people to put on weight with a vegan diet which essentially is higher in carbs/starches and sugars.That's why I object to this being preached as a superior lifestyle when not everyone can participate.
Also don't forget her food also has air miles. And the more exotic it is,. e.g tropical fruit and non-native, its hard to argue that veganism is more environmentally friendly.
You could not be more wrong about this, but having been vegan for 17 years I'm used to the absolute ignorant opinions people spout that run completely contrary to research and evidence (vegan women have a lower BMI than the general population for starters). Also the idea that vegans are living off tropical fruit is laughable. But by all means put down that banana if you're really as concerned as you're pretending to be.

Reactions: 6
you can actually get really fat on a vegan diet. you can get fat on any diet with too many calories and junk food
zanna has clear genetic advantages. do you think u can see a massive improvement in physique or muscle development following a vegan diet? or fat loss? if so, I'm really interested

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.