Ystyleireland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did say previously though that this was why she didn't always show her face.
Unless you are getting mixed up with maybe another insta account?

in the past Yvonne has shown us a lot of her personal life (children,husband, holidays,
dinners, wedding photos old diary entries etc)...

I have seen her many times in RL & I would know her from social media.

Anyway she is down to earth compared to some of them.

Reactions: 2
Comment re nose is unnecessary ... don’t think she hides her face for anonymity there photos of her in a Sunday Independent feature on Influencers .. images from DFS with furniture she was promoting .. the Arnold promotions .. Trinny “anointing “ her (tbf she can & does laugh at herself!) I think she said once she feels a bit self conscious in front of camera .. phone or otherwise.

Reactions: 4
Unless you are getting mixed up with maybe another insta account?

in the past Yvonne has shown us a lot of her personal life (children,husband, holidays,
dinners, wedding photos old diary entries etc)...

I have seen her many times in RL & I would know her from social media.

Anyway she is down to earth compared to some of them.
No I remember her saying it right back at the start about keeping her face out of her page. Now I know since then she has shown a good bit of her life, kids etc so maybe that changed. I know her in RL thats why it stuck in my mind.
Regardless of the reason commenting on her nose is disgusting.

When the ad for Sweaty Betty popped up, a sponsored ad which I then asked not see again, on my Insta the other day I laughed.
After her flogging them on Adverts last year she expects people to think she has any integrity? The world is gone mad.

Reactions: 3
I never noticed anything wrong with her nose. I think she is a very attractive woman. I like her in comparison to a lot of them.

Reactions: 6
Someone commented under the FB one and queried why they were still working with her and sending her stuff when she had in the past flogged it all online. It wasn't an anonymous account - the person had a profile etc - it was very swiftly deleted.

Reactions: 7
I don't see a problem in her selling the sweaty Betty stuff, better than it sitting in a press unused and also whoever is buying them off her is getting brand new Sweaty Betty for less than they would pay for them new.

• Haha
I don't see a problem in her selling the sweaty Betty stuff, better than it sitting in a press unused and also whoever is buying them off her is getting brand new Sweaty Betty for less than they would pay for them new.
Well I do see a problem. She’s promoting Sweaty Betty to her followers and encouraging them to buy them yet she’s not bothered to wear them or even pretend she is ... selling them straightaway. It doesn’t send a good message and shame on Sweaty Betty still collaborating with her if they have been made aware of this which I understand they have. I’ve never succumbed to buying SB products purely because the amount of instagrammers/influencers they send them to is mind boggling. I personally dont feel they are genuine. Lululemon all the way for me too. A much more genuine brand who don’t feel the need to engage with every mediocre instagrammer/influencer going.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You have called other Instagramers sneaky for not declaring an ad for example.
How is YStyle not sneaky with her behaviour?

So she gets free clothes, makes a whole load of stories telling us the usual shite of them being ‘super good quality, high waisted etc’ All the usual stuff they all do. This is leading the consumer to believe that she loves the product and that if she loves it then we will definitely love it as she is a trustworthy seller and ‘I only share what I love and wear myself’ All fine so far. Loads of women then use her swipe up to buy said product which she earns a commission on.

Then she sneakily puts them, tags on, on a selling website. Now I’m no expert on psychology and ethics but......

Why didn’t she share the link to Adverts on her stories of it she’s so transparent and there’s nothing wrong with it? 🧐

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
She could send them back after she promotes them if she doesn't want to wear them or pass on to a friend. It's pure greed.

Reactions: 9
I really don't get the thinking of the SB marketing team. Fair enough they're sending stuff fo every influencer. But why would you use that photo of YStyle in your ad? I actually like Yvonne, like her content, but seeing a mammy posing in her bedroom wearing the leggings....not inspiring. Doesn't reflect well on the brand at all. And all Yvonne does is go for walks, she admits that she doesn't do any other exercise. Sure any leggings would do grand on a walk, I want to know how leggings are when you work out in them.

Actually. I wonder why the likes of Rosie, Terrie, So Poo aren't being gifted SB? They''re all mad for the spin bikes these days. Wonder were they approached and turned it down? Hmmmm.

t
I really don't get the thinking of the SB marketing team. Fair enough they're sending stuff fo every influencer. But why would you use that photo of YStyle in your ad? I actually like Yvonne, like her content, but seeing a mammy posing in her bedroom wearing the leggings....not inspiring. Doesn't reflect well on the brand at all. And all Yvonne does is go for walks, she admits that she doesn't do any other exercise. Sure any leggings would do grand on a walk, I want to know how leggings are when you work out in them.

Actually. I wonder why the likes of Rosie, Terrie, So Poo aren't being gifted SB? They''re all mad for the spin bikes these days. Wonder were they approached and turned it down? Hmmmm.
I agree I just looked at their Facebook page and it's all these girls that look like they work out and then there's Yvonne who probably wears them around Aldi snapping up all the Specially Selected items.

The sweaty betty stuff was put up for sale the same day she showed them on her stories! It showed that she dosen't wear them, but is encouraging others to buy them, so basically is lying to her followers.

Wow, you’re every marketers dream.

Don’t you see the issue of her telling her followers that she loves them, that they’re a great buy, she’s obsessed with them..... then sells them brand new with tags on Adverts?

She’s an absolute fraud.

Reactions: 8
I'm guessing Sweaty Betty continue to use her because she probably generates a good bit of revenue for them from her code, swipe up etc based on the profile of her followers.
The adverts thing did annoy me because she was profiting on the double - getting an income stream from the AF links, her codes and whatever else she is bringing in from the #collabs and #paid partnerships and then selling all the stuff off. It wasn't just sweaty betty loads of other stuff that she just HAD to buy, couldn't leave behind, knew her followers would love - and literally hours later up for sale. She loved them enough for her followers to bring the money to her through her links but just not enough to actually keep the stuff. She also wasn't for letting anything go for the first offer - there was a fair bit of negotiating going on even though the stuff had cost her absolutely nothing. She could well have donated to a charity or a shelter etc.
I don't like when I see other influencers sell stuff they have worn once etc. via Depop either - even if they are being transparent that they are doing it, it doesn't sit well with me. But maybe that is just me.

Reactions: 7
Sweaty Betty stuff (apart from the leggings) wash awful and their tees and sweats bobble terribly. Lulu lemon and Varley for me too!

Reactions: 1
I don't see the attraction with sweaty betty. My power leggings bobbled after two washes. Never again.

Come off it, she was sent it all for free and now she's cashing in on the €€€€€ !