Ysis - my no buy!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else feeling annoyed by this woman's "No buy year". She's put up a load of rules about how she can replenish items and buy a replacement if something breaks. Can buy one treat for her kids a month etc.
Tonight she's gone shopping to exchange something. Bought a Costa, then has the cheek to come home and show a #gifted Benefit set!
The replacements are more than I can guarantee on a normal month. I don't have Costa because I can't justify the cost! People are following for genuine tips on a no buy and she's advertising her gifted make up! I did message her but she took a leaf out of Meldrums book and blocked me! Find it very insulting to normal families who live a genuine no buy every single month!

Reactions: 11
Yeah, she’s definitely doing an Edgy. Like “I’m not spending anything.....but here are the exceptions”. ?

Yeah, she’s definitely doing an Edgy. Like “I’m not spending anything.....but here are the exceptions”. ?
I find it so offensive. I work full time (I know these princesses have a "job", but i actually go out leaving my kids in childcare) and pay creche fees. When I pay my bills there's no exceptions. If there's no money there's no money. Like most working families!
Absolutely no consideration for their followers

Reactions: 2
We could all do a No Spend Year if we were gifted everything our family could possibly need or want.

She’s unrealistic & patronising.

Reactions: 5
I just find her incredibly boring. The titles of her videos look good but then I get bored a few minutes in

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I've not watched any of her videos so cant comment on boring etc, but I'm following her on Instagram mostly because meldrum posted about her no buy year, (should be low buy!) and I wanted to see if she'd be as crap at it as meldrum! ? I like the concept and think she's been more sensible setting rules on it, Costa shouldn't really count as "food or drink" tho, as pretty expensive and not a necessity! Shes doing pretty well so far, I can guarantee if I'd gone to town and seen loads of massive sales signs I'd have been straight in for a look! For now I'm willing to give her a go, I do fully agree with u on the freebies tho, would like to see her giving them away, especially as she was saying yesterday about shopping her stash, got too much makeup etc!

Oh and here’s my gifted box of free high-end make up

I’m actually really judging these women for spending any money in the first place, the amount they get thrown at them for free. Not very savvy business women are they?!

Oh she can maintain hair at hairdressers too!
Lots of people never get that luxury! That's not a no buy!

Reactions: 6
She’ll be gifted a HelloFresh box soon and then some Next clothes for the family and maybe some days out or kids movie events to attend so she really won’t need to spend a penny! Lucky her.

I love how Charlie (Mummyintheknow) gives away loads of the free PR stuff she’s sent to her followers or to charities. She’s always really honest when she’s sent something that she wouldn’t use or buy herself.

Reactions: 4
This no spend stuff is just ridiculously pretentious. I assume they mean not spending on luxuries but then they still get them because they are ‘gifted’ them!! Then there’s people working hard to scrape every penny and having to forsake things like hair cuts or costa coffees because things crop up like their child has outgrown their shoes, or simply because their weekly budget doesn’t allow for it ever! Just shows they live in a completely different world.

That’s strange. Suddenly she’s on stories saying she’ll give away PR samples. These women are so obvious

Why can’t any of them just credit the people on these forums who give them this feedback? They steal our suggestions but never mention that thy should have thought of it themselves or thank people for having pointed it out

Reactions: 1
Why can’t any of them just credit the people on these forums who give them this feedback? They steal our suggestions but never mention that thy should have thought of it themselves or thank people for having pointed it out
They call us trolls and bullies. What more would we want? ?

Reactions: 1
They call us trolls and bullies. What more would we want? ?
“I’ve stolen the troll’s idea of giving away my mortifying excess of free make up to some of you little people”

• Haha
Haha omg, I just saw her stories. YOU’RE WELCOME, YSIS! ?

I’ve just unfollowed her - I thought she was being sincere until I saw this thread. Hun...bye.

Why are they not highlighting the greater issues surrounding no buy - reducing consumerism, reducing the amount of clothes that get sent to landfill as a result of fast fashion and thinking of the future environment for our children and our children’s children. Idiots the lot of them...greater idiots are the ones that follow them without question.

Reactions: 7
I'm getting so annoyed by the "you're an inspiration" comments. How??? How can someone who only doesn't spend because they get everything free be an inspiration??

She's on Channel Mum today talking about her money saving tips! I'm sure they'll be most helpful! ?

• Angry
Reactions: 0