YouTube Join and Membership Subscriptions

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen Jackmaate has opened up £5 membership on his YouTube. You get exclusive footage, emojis etc

Wonder how long til everyone starts going this way. I mean, they don’t make enough on Adsense, sponsorships as it is.

Think this may backfire on some people trying to do it. Whilst I do believe Jackmaate will put out extra content, How many other people are going to or just use it as an easy opportunity to cash in more.

Reactions: 3
Just seen Jackmaate has opened up £5 membership on his YouTube. You get exclusive footage, emojis etc

Wonder how long til everyone starts going this way. I mean, they don’t make enough on Adsense, sponsorships as it is.

Think this may backfire on some people trying to do it. Whilst I do believe Jackmaate will put out extra content, How many other people are going to or just use it as an easy opportunity to cash in more.
I can see the minghams doing that to get exclusive content of the baby

Reactions: 2
Seems so unnecessary, pewdiepie has had it enabled for ages.

Keemstar enabled it but at least he was honest and said he just wanted more money. Only thing you get with his was the chance of your post being pinned and some emoji's.

Alfie deyes said he's planing to enable it soon. Facebook is rolling out a similar feature.

So many on YouTube make a great living but still have a patreon, money is a funny thing - for many the more they have the more they want.

Reactions: 2
I’m clueless what extra content Jaackmate will offer. More anger filled rants at nothing?
At least he's been honest and said it's basically to fund him as lots of his videos don't get good Adsense and also told people its basically them wasting a fiver.

Would much rather that than the big ones pretending they are going to provide so much extra suppperrr doooopper content guyzzz

At least he's been honest and said it's basically to fund him as lots of his videos don't get good Adsense and also told people its basically them wasting a fiver.

Would much rather that than the big ones pretending they are going to provide so much extra suppperrr doooopper content guyzzz
Didn’t he get engaged a few weeks ago?

At least he says it as it is, wasting a fiver! Maybe an advent calendar this year?

I wondered what that 'join' thing was appearing on a lot of the bigger channels. Joe has it enabled as well.

Looking at whats offered, it seems a bit stupid but I guess it'll just replace Patreon for a lot of Youtubers, so its more integrated. I think Youtube probably saw a lot of Youtubers were using that so thats why they made the changes. I looked at Joe's and you get 'loyalty badges' in live chat and comments, a custom emoji, featured comments, and then for the more expensive option some BTS stuff, polls and a monthly livestream. One option is £1.99 and one is £3.99.

I do think some Youtubers took the piss a bit with Patreon (where they could set their own prices/rewards, where it was like £1 will get you this but £10 will get you that), which made me worry some young impressionable people could've pledged more than they could afford for the better rewards, so I like that this seems quite cheap in comparison, and like the rewards are kind of 'set' at those prices. I wouldn't use it though.

Reactions: 1
Ladbaby have done this too. I personally don't feel like I'm missing anything by not joining this member ship.

Problem is if there are 10 youtubers you love (not me but youngsters - that's £50 a month) it's a bit much especially when I get youtube premium pop up every month too. I feel like most of them won't be offering much else content wise for the extra money and it's just an easy way to make cash for them, but guess we'll see.

Problem is if there are 10 youtubers you love (not me but youngsters - that's £50 a month) it's a bit much especially when I get youtube premium pop up every month too. I feel like most of them won't be offering much else content wise for the extra money and it's just an easy way to make cash for them, but guess we'll see.
Yeah thats true and thats what worries me as well. I feel like if you're just paying for one...if you want to spend pocket money on that then fair enough I guess if parents are fine with it, but I imagine some might feel guilty that they can't 'support' them all.

Reactions: 1
do think some Youtubers took the piss a bit with Patreon
Loads are lying and saying their videos are demonised and not making anything. When in fact that isn't an issue so much anymore and they get enough from AdSense to make up for a normal job.

It's dishonest and lots of the documentary channels I follow are still begging for patreon and acting as if they are making nothing.

Hope it's ok but renamed and moved to general because it's not about a person or person's

Reactions: 4
Loads are lying and saying their videos are demonised and not making anything. When in fact that isn't an issue so much anymore and they get enough from AdSense to make up for a normal job.

It's dishonest and lots of the documentary channels I follow are still begging for patreon and acting as if they are making nothing.

Hope it's ok but renamed and moved to general because it's not about a person or person's
Yeah thats true. I can understand 'controversial' channels doing it as a lot of people doing videos on LGBT, mental health etc were being demonetised at some point (not sure if they still are), but most seem to still be making a decent amount.

One thing I've seen that does bother me is that a lot are offering discount codes for merch under their £5 or whatever monthly fee. Now extra content etc I get, but thats defo money grabbing. Whats the point in spending say, £60 on discounts for merch? I doubt any fan is going to buy every single thing a person releases and therefore save money that way?