Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone got any curling iron tips? My hair is waist length, thin and depressingly straight, I splashed out on a fancy curling iron (38mm barrel) since I love the look of loose curls and it's just not holding at all, looks like I've hardly touched it :cry:

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any tips for chin hair? Mine seems to be growing in thick 😩 I’ve been using wax strips but find that it doesn’t catch every hair
I’ve got a 20x magnifying mirror, a good pair of Tweezerman tweezers and the torch on my phone. Pulling out my chin hairs is one of my guilty pleasures 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Kudos, I don't dare get one of these 😂
I think I’m better off not seeing that close!

@Zulkraa do you find you need to do it a lot? I used to tweeze but felt they started to come in a lot more regularly which is why I thought waxing might last a bit longer inbetween . I live quite remote so we don’t have anyone who does threading although I’d be interested in trying it

@Zulkraa do you find you need to do it a lot? I used to tweeze but felt they started to come in a lot more regularly which is why I thought waxing might last a bit longer inbetween . I live quite remote so we don’t have anyone who does threading although I’d be interested in trying it
I use the (obnoxiously fruit "flavoured") Veet facial wax strips. They are overpriced but do a good job of getting rid of most of mine, and the rest I can sort with tweezers.

I've also used hot wax that comes in its own little metal saucepan, applied with a wee wooden spatula and pulled off the skin directly (no fabric strips) - more effective, less expensive in the longrun and satisfying in a very gross way, but melting the wax without proper equipment is a pain (mostly as my hob is an induction one)

I've never had that area threaded but having had my eyebrows threaded once when I was ovulating, I'd advise getting it done at a different time of the month 

Reactions: 6

I do it often. I also have an epilator but I do prefer to pluck them out manually 😂

Amazon product

Bit of an embarrassing one… does anybody else have a really hairy tummy and bum? 😅 I shave them because I’m so self-conscious of it, but I find that it grows back like stubble and is worse than before 😩 any suggestions for what to use?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I use the (obnoxiously fruit "flavoured") Veet facial wax strips. They are overpriced but do a good job of getting rid of most of mine, and the rest I can sort with tweezers.

I've also used hot wax that comes in its own little metal saucepan, applied with a wee wooden spatula and pulled off the skin directly (no fabric strips) - more effective, less expensive in the longrun and satisfying in a very gross way, but melting the wax without proper equipment is a pain (mostly as my hob is an induction one)

I've never had that area threaded but having had my eyebrows threaded once when I was ovulating, I'd advise getting it done at a different time of the month 
I like the Veet facial strips for my tache, but they do leave me red sometimes for a few hours afterwards.

I like the Veet facial strips for my tache, but they do leave me red sometimes for a few hours afterwards.
I do mine right before bed for exactly that reason! I find the oily wipe things great and follow up with a good night cream and wake up a tad more glam than when I went to sleep!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Bit of an embarrassing one… does anybody else have a really hairy tummy and bum? 😅 I shave them because I’m so self-conscious of it, but I find that it grows back like stubble and is worse than before 😩 any suggestions for what to use?
I get my bum done when I get my Hollywood every six weeks or so. You could probably ask to get stomach waxed then too!

Reactions: 2
Had anyone elver tried the Alfaparf Treatment on their hair? It is supposed to help with frizz, my local hairdresser does it and am thinking of trying it but a bit fed up of "miracle" treatments that never work. I have a do coming up and want to not look like I usually do ie: I took a shortcut through a hedge.

I just find that no matter how much effort I make getting done up, my frizzy hair always means I look like I never even ran a comb through my hair before I went out.

Had anyone elver tried the Alfaparf Treatment on their hair? It is supposed to help with frizz, my local hairdresser does it and am thinking of trying it but a bit fed up of "miracle" treatments that never work. I have a do coming up and want to not look like I usually do ie: I took a shortcut through a hedge.

I just find that no matter how much effort I make getting done up, my frizzy hair always means I look like I never even ran a comb through my hair before I went out.
If it's for a do and you have time, why not just book in for a blow dry before it?

If it's for a do and you have time, why not just book in for a blow dry before it?
The do is a family thing about three hours from home and I will get roped into helping the day of, unfortunately I won't have time on the day and would have to get blowdry the day before and then spend the morning of running about the place and being re-frizzed.

Has anyone got any curling iron tips? My hair is waist length, thin and depressingly straight, I splashed out on a fancy curling iron (38mm barrel) since I love the look of loose curls and it's just not holding at all, looks like I've hardly touched it :cry:
Have you tried pinning each curl after curling? I curl the hair, catch it before it drops and Bobby pin it. Leave all curls for around 10mins until cool (or longer if you have time!) then take out. You look abit odd with them all pinned on your head but it keeps my curls in longer.

I seen a TikTok of a lady doing it in a pony tail and split the hair into four sections, curled and then pinned - I don’t want to be dramatic.. but it’s changed my life 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I swear by olaplex number 6 for frizz! Wouldn’t be without it now x

I get my bum done when I get my Hollywood every six weeks or so. You could probably ask to get stomach waxed then too!
Definitely! waxing is the best thing I ever did, I was so nervous to go at first and put it off forever but once you find a nice person to do it, it’s not bad at all.

Reactions: 4
Definitely try pinning the curls like @PinkPolkaDots suggested. I also find using mousse helps my straight hair hold a curl- I put it on my hair before I blow dry it and then curl/pin. But also the downside of lovely long hair is that it's heavy, and so that impacts how long curls hold too.

Space nk are doing £20 off £100 spends

I've gone back to oribe. So fed up of nothing else working on my hair 😮💨 kerastase conditioner was absolutely crap and not much cheaper 😭
Bought the gold lust conditioner and oil for £85

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.