Your tips on how to keep your home glamorous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got both of these last year was really happy with them and everyone who came round said they loved the hearts. I used to have big flowers on my tree but replaced with them for a more minimal look. Some of the actual baubles are super pretty though and probably really stand out.
I’ve added so much stuff to my wish list 🫢

• Heart
Reactions: 1
this is probably a bit more on organisation/ decluttering side but suppose it makes for a nicer home! Does anyone have general storage ideas for Childrens craft supplies such as colouring pencils, crayons etc? Preferably something stackable - also all the sheets of paper and a3 drawing pads- any good ways to organise and store this?

I use one of these and I’ve labelled the trays e.g. white paper, coloured paper etc.

Reactions: 3
Hi guys I need new baking trays. Can anyone recommend some long lasting durable ones please?
Whichever you go for, I recommend this stuff to line them. You cut it to size, it's non stick and super easy to clean. Also good for enabling you to use your tatty old ones for a bit longer!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sorted out my paper draw in the kitchen with my new paperwork filer. Feels so good. 😍

Reactions: 5
this is probably a bit more on organisation/ decluttering side but suppose it makes for a nicer home! Does anyone have general storage ideas for Childrens craft supplies such as colouring pencils, crayons etc? Preferably something stackable - also all the sheets of paper and a3 drawing pads- any good ways to organise and store this?
These are handy for stationery/craft supplies:

There are folders that can hold the A3 paper or you could place them on top of the drawers

Reactions: 2
We are hosting Xmas this year so I’ve been making a list of things I need to do/buy - mainly little things I’ve meant to do for ages!

- buy refillable glass bottles for hand soap and fairy liquid in the kitchen (these just look so much neater)
- make sure all photo frames have pics in - I’m guilty of buying frames and never having time to get any developed (even our wedding photos 🫢)
- keep an eye out in TK Maxx for nice cushions and throws to refresh our living room
- make sure we have all our kitchen bakeware and serveware - I’ve just ordered a gorgeous jug from Emma Bridgewater and I’m on the look out for a nice oven glove as ours has seen better days!
- new seat pads for the dining table as our old ones are quite flat and uncomfortable
- make sure we have a full set of drinking glasses - I’ve smashed one or two tumblers recently 😳

any other ideas for hosting prep? It’s my first time 😵💫

Reactions: 9
We are hosting Xmas this year so I’ve been making a list of things I need to do/buy - mainly little things I’ve meant to do for ages!

- buy refillable glass bottles for hand soap and fairy liquid in the kitchen (these just look so much neater)
- make sure all photo frames have pics in - I’m guilty of buying frames and never having time to get any developed (even our wedding photos 🫢)
- keep an eye out in TK Maxx for nice cushions and throws to refresh our living room
- make sure we have all our kitchen bakeware and serveware - I’ve just ordered a gorgeous jug from Emma Bridgewater and I’m on the look out for a nice oven glove as ours has seen better days!
- new seat pads for the dining table as our old ones are quite flat and uncomfortable
- make sure we have a full set of drinking glasses - I’ve smashed one or two tumblers recently 😳

It’s going to be my first time properly hosting this year too but I can guarantee it will end up being my husband doing most of the cooking and my mum doing everything else while I get drunk 🤣

I’m also guilty of the photo frame thing.

@Burrito88 if you and your family drink wine or fizz, charms for your glasses are nice at Christmas, my mums always had them I’m still looking for some I like though.

Last edited:

Nice napkins and the ring napkin holders always look nice
Nice big candles burning on the table (obviously only if this is possible I.e children etc)
The reflection of the glow onto glasses etc looks so pretty
Nice matching knives and forks etc
Nice wine glasses

Reactions: 7

Have cloth napkins they are so much more classy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.