Your opinions on cannabis/weed?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doesn’t bother me people having a smoke relax or for for pain however I think if people smoke it then they should not drive whatsoever it also stinks. Every time I’ve done it I go into a whitey once smoked a vape with it and I was unable to stand up so it’s a no from me.

Not good but better than tobacco. It should be that that's illegal, not cannabis.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s no more dangerous than alcohol. You don’t drive drunk or high. Yes there’s people who abuse it but so are there alcoholics. I think the only real reason it’s illegal is because it was deemed bad for business. Instead of buying alcohol or tobacco manufactured by corporations, people could grow it easily and that threatened the profits of the other businesses. If it’s cheaper to relax with a joint or an edible, it cuts into the margins of other businesses. Those with vested interests pushed into the public that it was evil and dangerous when in reality it has many more benefits than alcohol/tobacco. Culture towards it is changing, the medical implications mostly paving the way.

It can do a lot of good (more than I can say for alcohol or cigarettes) but like any substance would benefit from regulation. I feel similarly about mushrooms and micro dosing.

I say this as someone who only partakes in edibles occasionally (I can count on my hand how often this year). I prefer regulated edibles from the USA because with unregulated or homemade it’s been hit or miss

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I have really mixed views on it. When I was 14, a classmate who smoked it heavily threw himself out of a window after getting paranoid so that put me off as a young teenager. Then when I was 19/20, I had a boyfriend who smoked very heavily and he was horrible (he also had severe mental health issues and later died of a heroin overdose) when I was 21 I met my now husband and he used to smoke it occasionally and because of my previous experiences I really didn’t like it. He now dry vapes CBD buds (not sure of the correct terminology!) because he has a type of arthritis and he wants the pain relief benefits without getting stoned and it really helps him.

Just wanted to add to this, on behalf of my sister who I mentioned on this thread previously, as this is something we discuss often to be honest. I texted her asking what she thinks people should know etc.

There are a number of private clinics who are prescribing it medically, you have to contact them, have a consult and then contact your GP to get permission. There’s 3 clinics that are the “better ones” with a verity of strains etc, it takes a while to figure out what you need, and the only choices on how you use it is, vaping or oil.
I chose oil and at first I had 2 bottles one which contained CBD only and the other THC, I could try cbd during the day then thc at night, I have to say also they are very strict on monitoring (which is understandable you have appointments you must attend or they can withdraw you, it’s one time after 1 month and every 3 months after but also filling in assessments every month which only take 5 minutes)
. I knew it was working for me but I was struggling with my MS and felt it difficult to handle opening two bottles, I was switched to an all in one bottle which is perfect for me, and a slightly different strain.
The oil is better for those who have a constant pain, and the vaping is good for those who need something to work quick. Also the dosage for oils is 0.05mg until you find a dose which works for you, I don’t get high from it, it doesn’t stink out my home or me even.

I had never tried any form of drugs apart from, prescribed morphine, codine, pregablin etc but they were making me very unwell. I highly recommend anyone to check if they are eligible and as an alternative to opioids.

and I just wanted to add, my sister had just started using a wheelchair to get around however at the weekend we went to a convention and she walked the whole time and felt fine it’s changed her and our family life for the better. Happy To answer any questions anytime.

I think if it was legal for Rec use it wouldn’t be hyped for long, I’m all for medical but I don’t wanna be around people that just stink of it, it makes my stomach turn. The only upside for rec use I guess is that it would possibly be much safer than getting it from randoms that could have it laced with other stuff.
wow this is long 😂 sorry about that, you definitely deserve a biscuit if you’ve read all that.

Reactions: 3
I have a chronic health condition which causes daily pain and fatigue. On occasion (always weekends) I have a cannabis edible with my OH and we have a lovely, chilled evening in together. We always just watch TV, laugh a lot, eat snacks and then go to bed early for a really restful, deep sleep.

We only do it once to twice per month and never when we have plans the next day. The pain relief I experience is immense and no prescribed painkiller compares. Moderation and responsible use are both crucial IMO.

My parents both smoked it as I was growing up. The highly potent resin type. I have a lot of trauma from this time. Doesn't help that they were also big drinkers. I hated that I could never have friends round incase they smelled it. My mum suffered a brain aneurysm and a stroke when she was only 40, and my dad passed from an aortic aneurysm when he was only 60. I can guess their unhealthy lifestyle didn't exactly help!

Reactions: 2
My parents both smoked it as I was growing up. The highly potent resin type. I have a lot of trauma from this time. Doesn't help that they were also big drinkers. I hated that I could never have friends round incase they smelled it. My mum suffered a brain aneurysm and a stroke when she was only 40, and my dad passed from an aortic aneurysm when he was only 60. I can guess their unhealthy lifestyle didn't exactly help!
Same and I hate it so much. My mum got cannabis induced psychosis when I was younger resulting in me and my siblings going into care so she stopped after that, but my dad has smoked it everyday for my whole life and still does to this day despite having 2 heart attacks at the age of 50 (he’s also an alcoholic so that probably contributed too). I don’t have anything to do with either of them any more. That said, I don’t think it should be illegal, where I live it’s legal to grow 1 plant for personal use and I think it works well.

I smoke weed myself, just not very often (usually once or twice a month). I might have a hit during a self-care evening, before I have a nice bath and eat some pizza whilst watching a comfort show on Netflix. I always just considered it to a relaxing drug, nothing more, nothing less.

However, a few weeks ago.. I did something I never thought I'd do. I bought weed for an older family member. She has stage 4 cervical cancer and she's in so much pain. Seeing her literally wasting away in hospital, suffering with heavy dosages of chemo and feeling miserable was soul crushing. I was at breaking point and I finally decided duck it, I'm going to ask her consultant and medical team about using cannabis. It was weird having a blunt conversation with a senior oncology consultant about using illegal drugs, but I was getting desperate. The hospital consultant was actually very helpful and even though he said legally he HAD to advise against it, we had a hypothetical conversation (lol) about when would the best time to try it so there'd be no conflicts with her painkiller prescription, chemo appointment on the same day etc. She smoked weed for the first time at a very low dose (I followed the hypothetical instructions from the doctor) and I nearly cried tears of happiness when I saw her happily eating a full meal for the first time in months. I was also overjoyed when she told me that her pain had been lessened and she didn't feel nauseous for the first time in 3 months. Seeing her smile, that smile made it all worth it.

Certain family members are now very angry at me for "giving her illegal drugs", but I'm still continuing to do it as wants to. There is a good chance that cancer could kill her - she has a 10% chance at survival. I cleared everything with her doctors, I let them know if/when she's using cannabis - all with her consent and blessing. The poor woman is so much pain, both mentally and physically. If using cannabis gives her "a break from the cancer" (her words, not mine), then why the hell not let her continue. If certain family members want to get angry at me.. well so be it, I guess.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Just dragging this thread back up instead of starting a new one. I’m in my 30’s and only in recent years have I tried weed for the first time 😂 actually I’ve tried it on two occasions about a year apart. And both times it did absolutely nothing. A friend shared one with me and felt the effects so it wasn’t the actual weed that was the problem. I just don’t understand, why can’t I get high?!! 😂

Just dragging this thread back up instead of starting a new one. I’m in my 30’s and only in recent years have I tried weed for the first time 😂 actually I’ve tried it on two occasions about a year apart. And both times it did absolutely nothing. A friend shared one with me and felt the effects so it wasn’t the actual weed that was the problem. I just don’t understand, why can’t I get high?!! 😂
Oh that’s really weird. Sorry if this sounds insulting but are you sure you inhaled correctly? You have a hold it in a bit. Maybe you just needed to have more?

Oh that’s really weird. Sorry if this sounds insulting but are you sure you inhaled correctly? You have a hold it in a bit. Maybe you just needed to have more?
Yeah I’m pretty sure I did it properly. Oh well I’ll have to just keep trying 😂

I used to smoke alot in my youth and didn't touch it again for years but now I suffer really bad insomnia because of the Menopause. I have an edible or a few draws off a joint in the evening when I need to sleep and it calms my mind down so I can sleep. I have no problem with it but I know how easy it is to get addicted as I was in my younger days, I know people who use it for medical reasons and people who are totally fucked up over it. It totally depends on the person and how they react to it. This new super skunk that you get now is too strong though and you get smell it miles away!

Could it be that you need a higher dose than your friend, maybe? I don’t know how it works for joints, but my partner and are partial to an edible every now in a while, and I actually need a higher dosage than him. We used to split it 50/50 and he was having the best time, giggling away while I was just waiting for the effect to kick in. Now we make our own edibles, and if he has one cookie, I’ll have one and a half cookie. It’s really surprised me because I’m a lightweight when I drink (we’re talking like two pints and I’m merry) and had no experience with weed. My boyfriend, on the other hand, was an occasional smoker and can handle alcohol much better than me.

I smoke weed daily. Definitely at the point where I know I'm smoking too much but as it helps my mind so much...
Far less risks than with alcohol, it baffles me how ones illegal the other isn't.
I do love smoking but I'm at 10+ a day which is a bit much

A friend of mine has smoked almost every day since his teens (he’s now mid 30’s), and it has absolutely destroyed who he is as a person yet he can’t see it. Everything revolves around his next smoke. Every meal, every dog walk, every shower, every outing etc. He’s constantly paranoid everybody is staring at him when he leaves the house. He picks arguments and gets arsey over literally nothing, because every tiny thing feels like some kind of attack against him. He lives a very lonely life nowadays as so many people have pulled away. It’s a shame.

• Sad
I've on the whole quit for 2 months now. Occasionally have a few drags on the night but wake up feeling rough the next day. Can't believe I used to be stoned all day every day. I found sleep hypnosis soooooo helpful.

• Sad
I used to smoke a lot, get a private prescription now and my usage has reduced greatly, partly down to my age I think but being legal makes me not crave it like I used to

I live in a pleasant area of my city but my neighbour smokes & deals it. My house can reek of the stuff every few days and I have a young son at home. We actually had to switch rooms because his room (now ours) can sometimes smell vile. I don’t think innocent families should suffer because of selfish people like that, neither should innocent children living in households like that. Sickens me that people actually get away with it. A drug is a drug at the end of the day (in my opinion). I’ve known some people to be totally fine on coke, live normal lives and have decent jobs but that doesn’t mean it’s okay.
We've got new neighbours who both smoke it regularly in their garden and often have lots friends around too. He has also recently built a suspicious looking shed...

I can't stand the smell and it really annoys me that now the weather is getting nice it's hard to have the doors open when they're smoking. I also have a 3 year old who is always wanting to play out in the garden and the smell is awful.
I'm all for people doing their own thing in their own homes but they must be able to realise that it's not contained to their garden.