Your home life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we all watch the instagrams home life accounts don’t we

What’s your sort of routine?

Do you have to have things in certain places etc?

We have certain nights for extra curricular activities. Usually have everyone in bed, (reading or playing some new Harry Potter thing that everyone's going nuts about) at 9, even the adults. Bedding changed once a week, washer on at least once a day, vac and mop floors once in morning and once at tea time. (#petlife 😂)
Downstairs bins emptied every two days, upstairs waste paper bins every weekend.
Wipe round the bathroom every day, usually while waiting for someone's bath to run.
And delightfully, for the kids in primary school, we get the nitty gritty comb out every two days. Because one of ours sits next to children with lice running across their shoulders 🤢
Everything else just gets done on a continuous loop but whenever I need it to, like wiping the kitchen down every time it's used or like, sometimes I'll make two or three dinners in one sitting or do extra loads of uniforms if I know I'm finishing later the next day, or if it's my day to help a mate out with childcare, I've got to help with everyone's homework and my work phone will still be on.
My tit thing is that clean and ironed clothes end up in a pile in the laundry room for a few days because we're human and knackered.
My other tit thing is that, if my mates have taken their turn with my kids then I let them police the reading and homework for mine in return.
Extra tit thing: Takeaway Saturday and neither me or my lovely husband should be putting away 2500 calories in curry. We could last get away with that two decades ago if I'm honest. 😂

Morning routine -I get up before my husband so I go downstairs, put the kettle on and have a quick tidy around the kitchen while it boils. Open up all the curtains and blinds and collect any cups/plates that have been left in the living room before we went to bed.
Always wipe down the bathroom sink after I've finished using it because I hate soap scum/beard trimmings and toothpaste residue sitting in there. Always rinse down the shower after I've been in it.

Evening routine - I get home before my husband so spend the hour on my own doing any washing up from that morning/previous evening, hang up a load of washing and get the oven pre-heated for dinner before I go put my PJs on. I usually cook dinner and husband clears away and washes up (with my finishing the bits he miss obviously) Also water all the plants when I get home.

Clean the bathroom twice a week (Wednesdays evenings and Saturday mornings), bins out every week (there's only two of us so we don't generate much rubbish), bedding washed and changed every Sunday, takeaway dinner on Fridays. Hoover once a week. Everything else as and when it needs is (wiping down the kitchen, dusting, etc)

Reactions: 1
Love this.

My husband works full time and leaves around 6 am and gets home just after 6 pm. I am not currently working as I got let go.

Morning:
Wake up around 6:30 am. Have a coffee and breakfast. Walk our dog. Water my flowerbed.
9:30 am: go to the gym.
Get home from the gym, shower.
Things I do on a daily morning: sweep, vacuum with the Dyson, wipe down the counters, do some laundry if needed.

Afternoon:
Start cooking our dinner. Feed the dog - he is currently only eating once a day. Haha. He goes through phases.

Night: Husband gets home, we eat dinner, watch tv. He will often clean up dinner. Lately we've been having more BBQs (chicken, steak etc) and it is so much quicker to clean up. I then dyson the floors, take out the bins, wipe the counters and put away any dishes - I like to come down to nothing in the morning.

On days when I do a full clean:
- I start upstairs by dusting each room. Then I vacuum the carpets and tile, baseboards. Clean both bathrooms (wipe the showers, sinks, countertops, mirrors, toilets), mop the ensuite, bathroom and laundry room floors.

Downstairs: I dust the furniture
do a quick swiffer to grab all the dog hair
use our central vac for a deep clean on the hardwood and baseboards
Mop the hardwood with Bona floor cleaner
Mop the tile in the mudroom with a different product
Clean the bathroom
Polish the granite in the kitchen
Wipe the steel appliances
Clean the sink

It takes about three hours total. When I do that I put our dog in the basement so he doesn't get in my way, haha. We don't have kids so it is easier to keep things a bit tidier, I think. We don't have any clutter out that drives me mad.

Reactions: 1
We have certain nights for extra curricular activities. Usually have everyone in bed, (reading or playing some new Harry Potter thing that everyone's going nuts about) at 9, even the adults. Bedding changed once a week, washer on at least once a day, vac and mop floors once in morning and once at tea time. (#petlife 😂)
Downstairs bins emptied every two days, upstairs waste paper bins every weekend.
Wipe round the bathroom every day, usually while waiting for someone's bath to run.
And delightfully, for the kids in primary school, we get the nitty gritty comb out every two days. Because one of ours sits next to children with lice running across their shoulders 🤢
Everything else just gets done on a continuous loop but whenever I need it to, like wiping the kitchen down every time it's used or like, sometimes I'll make two or three dinners in one sitting or do extra loads of uniforms if I know I'm finishing later the next day, or if it's my day to help a mate out with childcare, I've got to help with everyone's homework and my work phone will still be on.
My tit thing is that clean and ironed clothes end up in a pile in the laundry room for a few days because we're human and knackered.
My other tit thing is that, if my mates have taken their turn with my kids then I let them police the reading and homework for mine in return.
Extra tit thing: Takeaway Saturday and neither me or my lovely husband should be putting away 2500 calories in curry. We could last get away with that two decades ago if I'm honest. 😂
I'm exhausted just from reading this. 😓😂 You deserve that curry!

My husband works long hours in so this is usually what we work with when he’s not home.

6am(ish): Wake up, empty the dishwasher, vacuum and get the kids breakfast ready

7am-7.30am: Get the kids up and feed them

8am: Get the kids in the pool for a bit to burn off some energy

9am-Lunchtime: Shower, get dressed and Do some type of activity with the kids (right now we are big on colours and letters

Lunchtime-2pm: Feed the kids, put them down for their nap then tidy up after the twin tornadoes that will have swept through the house. Finish doing any other cleaning - bathroom etc then start getting things ready for dinner.

2.30pm: Take the kids to run off their energy in the park. We live near Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park so I make sure I get them out at least once a day to run off some steam. We have also just started activities so we have dance and toddle gym once a week

5pm-8pm: Feed the kids, an so some sort of craft activity, give the kids a bath and get them into bed

After the kids are in bed: Tidy up from dinner, load the dishwasher and tidy up with playroom. If I’m alone I’d probably go for a swim or do some yoga/work out. If my husbands home we’d probably put some sort of movie on and just sit down and catch up.

We’re not really big on screen time for the kids and if we do watch tv it’s usually just a movie. We at no point let the kids use iPads etc and we try to only use our iPads or phones when they are asleep or busy with an activity we’re not involved in

I'm currently not working (recently off long term sick leave and settled a case with former employer, just started looking for work again), and my husband's work means he is often out at different times, so it's hard to have a stable routine, but more or less:
Wake up between 7.30 and 9, husband makes me a cup of tea every morning as a thank you for driving him to work. He's also in charge of putting on dishwasher and washer on if he gets up before me and it hasn't been done at night (we pre-load before bed as I HATE waking up to a messy kitchen, but we have a day/night electricity bill so we try to run things at night or early morning depending on when we go to bed).
I drive him to work and depending on the weather I'll stay out and go for a walk or a run, or come back home to have breakfast, unless I have some kind of appointment (job interviews, painting class, physiotherapy, counselling, any other appointment).
As soon as I'm back home, I do a 15 minutes sweep of the house: tidying, washing any stray dishes or cups, sweeping, straightening up. We have no kids, or pets (sadly:( ) so the clutter isn't excessive, but I like a tidy house as it helps with my anxiety.
We run the mop once or twice a week depending on the weather. My husband is in charge of the vacuum (twice a week) as I can't manage it myself due to some physical issues.
I do a lot of cooking and baking from scratch so I clean the kitchen every day, but do a proper "move everything and degrease the lot" once a week as flour will get everywhere.
I dust all surfaces a couple of times a week (once a week in winter as I don't get nearly as much dust and it's just not needed), do the bathrooms once a week (proper deep clean, every two days for a quick tidy/clean if needed).
All bins emptied twice a week, with the exception of the compost bin which goes out as soon as it approaches full.
Husband changes our bedding once a week, and all towels from all bathrooms get swapped once a week as well.
After I do the main deep clean for the week, I soak all rags in diluted disinfectant before I put them in the wash. I don't use Zoflora or other disinfectants much apart from this, I try to stay conscious of the amount of crap we put down our drains as I'm involved in ocean life rescue.
Both breakfast and lunch are generally something from earlier meal planning, but we tend to cook most nights for dinner. If I'm feeling well, I tend to cook myself as my husband will have been on his feet all day, but if I'm not doing great he will sort dinner and dishes out.
Once a week I do a load of his work shirts during the day as he needs a crease free shirt and I hate ironing, so I wash them, dry them for 20 minutes then hang them on hangers to dry. Zero creasing, zero ironing.
I recently added a lot of houseplants to my decor so I check them every day, water/trim, etc. Since it's summer, I also maintain some plants on my terrace and check them every day.
I constantly feel like a slob for not sanitizing my whole house every day :p