Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't pregnancy magical and natural and aNcEsTrAl and not at all a medical event?

She really should go to the doctor and listen to them but she won't.
I gasped out loud reading this story post.

It's terrifying for this unborn baby how determined she is to resist any amount of support, medical or otherwise. Sure, okay - you don't want to treat pregnancy like a 'medical event', but you have to acknowledge on at least SOME level that being pregnant means your body is in a different physical state and you have to make SOME adjustments to your behavior and lifestyle, as a result. She insists on maintaining all of her pre-pregnancy behaviors, foods, rituals, etc, even while publicly boasting on a DAILY basis about how uncomfortable and unwell she feels.

Same as with your veganism bullshit, Rakel, literally no one CARES how you choose to give birth, but making it seem like everyone who exists that isn't up your ass with praise and support is out to get you and your precious unborn baby is next-level insanity. And the absolute worst part is that the only ones who will suffer any direct consequences from her poor decisions are her and her baby.

With that said, she is clearly attempting to influence loads of other women to go the same route that she is, which will inevitably endanger the life/lives of others and their unborn children.
She is dead-set on creating the narrative that any western medical intervention in pregnancy or birth is traumatizing, forceful, dangerous and wrong.

Where is there space for the millions of people who have given birth in hospitals and medical settings and had a good or (gasp!) even GREAT experience, felt supported by their team, and didn't feel traumatized by the entire thing??

I do not understand how ANYONE puts up with this lady at this point.

At this point, my vote is to call the new thread Rakel Brathen - Ancestral Asshole 😂

Reactions: 4
When she went to the doctor before flying she said they want to do a vaginal excam but she refused because there is no reason for it. But couldn't it be possible that the doctor wanted to check if the zervix is still closed because if it is not it is a sign for early labour? Why refusing this and risking getting in labour on a plane? All her things she describes sound like the baby is coming early but she refuses to listen. It is bad enough that Rachel acts so reckless but what is with the rest of her family? Are they all on board with this?

Reactions: 7
When she went to the doctor before flying she said they want to do a vaginal excam but she refused because there is no reason for it. But couldn't it be possible that the doctor wanted to check if the zervix is still closed because if it is not it is a sign for early labour? Why refusing this and risking getting in labour on a plane? All her things she describes sound like the baby is coming early but she refuses to listen. It is bad enough that Rachel acts so reckless but what is with the rest of her family? Are they all on board with this?
I find this all super reckless and very worrying. I am sure they wanted to do a vaginal exam to check the cervix to see if she was dilating, which seems a reasonable and prudent thing to do given her symptoms and before flying. Now she is having cramping and period-like pains? Yikes. Doesn’t seem like that is something one should ignore. It does seem like she is not dealing with reality and is doubling down on her ‘wild pregnancy’ narrative and experience that she wants. I hope this latest episode is nothing and she can complete her pregnancy safely.

Reactions: 3
I disagree with Rachel’s extremist attitudes, but cervical checks aren’t great predictors of how close labour is or how fast it will be. I had no cervical checks at all with my last pregnancy, including in labour (I am in Australia and birthed at a birth centre within the best maternity hospital in my state, certainly not woo woo).

Reactions: 1
Hey everyone, new thread here!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.