Yankees in the South

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was asked to create a thread for Yankees in the South featuring Will and Dawn! Our friend @FloridaResidentEdits has created some amazing satirical videos of these two adventurers and you are welcome to come along as we enjoy fun discussions!
For your viewing enjoyment:

Will Gets It In Deep and Who Will Save Dawn? - YouTube
Will Talking to Dawn Like A Child for Two Minutes - YouTube
Will Messes Up His Line and Dawn Saves The Day - YouTube
Dawn Dances The Polka - YouTube
Will Gets It In Deep and Who Will Save Dawn? - YouTube
Is Dawn Okay? - Yankee In The South - YouTube

One of my absolute favorites:
Will Is So Famous - YouTube

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There's something about them that makes me actively uncomfortable. It's just beyong cringe.

Reactions: 5
Since seeing the FRE videos on this couple, I've been hooked watching their vlogs...

Will's nervous laugh to fill in dead air, plus him asking Dawn if she saw "x,y,z" when she is right next to him is so bad it's good.

I get they are "simple" people, but it doesn't seem as if everything is on the tracks with regards to their behavior.

Reactions: 9
How old are they, even? I think someone on YouTube said that Dawn was about 50, and that Will is a few years younger, but I could believe anything from that to being in their mid-30s.

Dawn makes me cringe, but there's something about Will that just disgusts me.

Reactions: 3
My husband and I like to visit Pigeon Forge every couple of years, so when I saw these guys a few years ago, I figured I could get some good local information from them. Of course all I got was them being awkward and stupid and stuffing their faces. But I kept watching because, like a train wreck, I couldn’t look away.

One video in particular that pissed me off was when they were hiking down to a little stream, and Dawn was having trouble coming down the rocks, and Will was in front of her and instead of offering her some assistance as a husband should, he turned around and filmed her and was mocking her. That’s when I knew he was a piece of tit.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
How old are they, even? I think someone on YouTube said that Dawn was about 50, and that Will is a few years younger, but I could believe anything from that to being in their mid-30s.

Dawn makes me cringe, but there's something about Will that just disgusts me.
She is around 48 and he is a few years younger.

I love the looks on her face when she is eating. Not only does she wrinkle up her face in disgust but there is ALWAYS food dripping out of her mouth and around her mouth. Seriously? Do they not watch these in edit before posting? 🤣
Also Will trying to act so knowledgeable and worldly when he doesn't know or can pronounce half the things on the menu.

I'm curious if there is ANYTHING in that area that isn't a hamburger, deep fried, or comes with fries and cole slaw? :sick:

Reactions: 4
I had never heard of these people until FRE, but they are fascinating. Will is obviously not a smart man, but is Dawn ok? It almost feels wrong with her… like am I laughing at someone with a mental disability?

Reactions: 10
Thank you so much for not only starting this but linking some videos to get people started 🤣 if you want, I can advertise this at the end of the next Yankee video? Just let me know. I know that Will will be reading it nonstop…
To answer some questions… Dawn is 48/49 and will is 43 but he looks much older!

I had never heard of these people until FRE, but they are facilitating. Will is obviously not a smart man, but is Dawn ok? It almost feels wrong with her… like am I laughing at someone with a mental disability?
I have a little bit of experience with people that are on heavy sedating medications and I honestly think she is just heavily medicated… Not sure if it is a medical need or if he just likes to keep her sedated to a certain level.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Thanks for this thread 😃 I have met them 2 times and it was weird and awkward both times. I found them when we were researching things to do in PF and was drawn in the deeper I got. I believe they are nice people at the core, unlike the trackholes, but he is trying to hard to be like the TTT or AtW. There is definitely some control issues with Will and Dawn is very passive and it seems like some other underlying issues are in play.
I highly suggest watching their live streams, if he hasn't taken them down, so entertaining. Their stans are interesting as well.

Reactions: 4
Thank you so much for not only starting this but linking some videos to get people started 🤣 if you want, I can advertise this at the end of the next Yankee video? Just let me know. I know that Will will be reading it nonstop…
To answer some questions… Dawn is 48/49 and will is 43 but he looks much older!
Sounds good to me!

Reactions: 1
I hate to admit that I have probably watched 90% of their videos… Over the past year. Found them by accident and I just can’t look away. Their live streams are even on in the background on Sunday nights because it’s just so entertaining to see what he is going to say next or what Dawn is going to do or say. Last Sunday she told everyone that Christmas was on the 24th… And before thanksgiving, she said oh Thanksgiving is on Thursday this year.

• Haha
  • Wow
I had never heard of these people until FRE, but they are fascinating. Will is obviously not a smart man, but is Dawn ok? It almost feels wrong with her… like am I laughing at someone with a mental disability?
She has held jobs and some of her dialog is pretty lively. Both her and her sister are just..."different". Maybe their raising or something? Not sure. But these two rip on anyone that Will thinks is invading "their turf". She even has some snarky remarks about other vloggers living in their mom's basements? It's just weird.
Will has mentioned multiple time that they are YouTube "famous". He has delusions of grandeur. Which is why the cheesesteak sandwich video is so hilarious.

• Haha
She has held jobs and some of her dialog is pretty lively. Both her and her sister are just..."different". Maybe their raising or something? Not sure. But these two rip on anyone that Will thinks is invading "their turf". She even has some snarky remarks about other vloggers living in their mom's basements? It's just weird.
Will has mentioned multiple time that they are YouTube "famous". He has delusions of grandeur. Which is why the cheesesteak sandwich video is so hilarious.
What’s sad is that it’s not the only video where he talks like that… He has a lot of restaurant review videos where he talks about how they try to keep it a secret that they are coming and don’t let anyone know because they want it to be an experience that us plebs might have. He is so full of it… if I owned a restaurant I would not want him coming to review it. He can barely pronounce anything and he makes the food look absolutely disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hate to admit that I have probably watched 90% of their videos… Over the past year. Found them by accident and I just can’t look away. Their live streams are even on in the background on Sunday nights because it’s just so entertaining to see what he is going to say next or what Dawn is going to do or say. Last Sunday she told everyone that Christmas was on the 24th… And before thanksgiving, she said oh Thanksgiving is on Thursday this year.
Their lives are pure gold, you.have captured them perfectly.

Here is a video that was not linked, this is the Johnny carneeenos! Perfect example of why I would not want him in my restaurant.

• Haha
  • Heart
He mentions the trolls a lot. He claims to have people come to his house, call the hotels/restaurants that they are at during lives. He thinks very highly of himself for someone who is a lot of talk and no show.

• Haha
He mentions the trolls a lot. He claims to have people come to his house, call the hotels/restaurants that they are at during lives. He thinks very highly of himself for someone who is a lot of talk and no show.
Yeah, he always mentions trolls… I’m sure that there are trolls but I doubt they are wasting their time calling hotels that he is at or calling restaurants in the area to make up lies about things he is saying… He wishes he had trolls on that level.

One video in particular that pissed me off was when they were hiking down to a little stream, and Dawn was having trouble coming down the rocks, and Will was in front of her and instead of offering her some assistance as a husband should, he turned around and filmed her and was mocking her. That’s when I knew he was a piece of tit.
Did you see the one where she fell down on the rope bridge at Anakeesta and someone else, a stranger, actually had to help her get up because Wikk just stood at the end and recorded her and laughed at her. He wanted to make sure that he got the footage for his stupid video at her expense.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
His editing is TERRIBLE. He cuts himself off midsentence all the time. Let alone constantly repeating himself over and over. Dude, once is enough and then edit the rest of that noise out!!
They have had "friends" of the channel meet up with them for dinner here and there. I would be so incredibly embarrassed to be out with them and their non-existent table manners. I often wonder if they tip most of the time or if they think they are giving the restaurant free advertisement so they don't need to.

What’s sad is that it’s not the only video where he talks like that… He has a lot of restaurant review videos where he talks about how they try to keep it a secret that they are coming and don’t let anyone know because they want it to be an experience that us plebs might have. He is so full of it… if I owned a restaurant I would not want him coming to review it. He can barely pronounce anything and he makes the food look absolutely disgusting.
Here is the one where the restaurant wouldn't even wait on them: Anakeesta Spring Time Walkthrough Clifftop Review Blooms and Tunes Gatlinburg TN 2021 - YouTube

They tried to get the staff's attention and they were completely ignored. You can tell he was butt hurt. I'm sure most restaurants cringe when they come in if they know who they are.

Smoky Mountain Follies has started spoofing them too. Very much in the FRE style. @FloridaResidentEdits - it appears you have fans!

Will From Yankee in the South Spits on Local Business | Not Clickbait - YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.