Xameliax #5 self proclaimed overachiever, does she think that anyone really believes her?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know why she thinks she’s an original blogger? Like she was in the Brit crew with zoella and Louise Pentland etc. She’s so delusional

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Amelia is in no way an OG. Like the person above said, OG’s are people like Zoella, Louise Pentland, Lily Pebbles, Anna, Ruth Crilly, Lily Melrose etc etc. I don’t really watch them but they’re deffo the OG’s. Embarrassing.

Lockdown has really had a massive impact on her I think. It has proven once and for all that she doesn’t have a creative bone in her body and has well and truly fallen out of love with this “career”. She only makes actual content (other than vlogs, which she doesn’t even like doing) if she’s getting paid for it. Obviously I think youtubers and instagrammed should get paid for their work but I don’t know if any other influencer I follow who’s content has shrivelled up like Amelia’s in this supposed drought of paid work (not sure I even believe this anyway, loads of influencers are still doing ads).

Reactions: 1
She wanted so badly to have the success of those bloggers but she never even came close. It was cringe how much she wanted to be Zoella at one point

Reactions: 3
OG crew and only manages to have 40k subscribers!? That’s not an achievement Amelia if you have been around since the beginning

• Haha
Ew that pity post. Trying to claim she’s not “big” because she doesn’t post what other people post?? What the duck. She posts the same old crap as any other middle of the road blogger. Outfit, dog, dinner, boyfriend, makeup repeat repeat repeat. What about her content is any different ? She’s not creative or interesting. She doesn’t even bother to interact on her socials which I have never understood. I stopped following her twitter because all she did was post links to old blogs or videos. Like she doesn’t bother to engage.
She honestly thinks she’s so different doesn’t she? She’s clearly bitter that she’s not very successful and tbh after 11 years if I hadn’t “made it” I would take the hint. That’s embarrassing.

Reactions: 5
I don't get how amelia with so little subscribers and view count can do this as a job, when Rosi Jay Pierce in a recent Q&A with more subscribers and around the same views said that because of that she could never do this is a full time job.

Reactions: 6
She posts what others do but worse. I mean, home tour, day in the life, workplace makeover, get ready with me are all time classics in the Youtube world. Others just manage to be more polished and put together, or more fun, or more original, or all of the above.
I still think someone's paying for her social media habit. My money is on the parents for rent and Chris for everyday needs. I think she probably pays for her Primark buys, for the occasional beer and for some of her 1000 pieces of cosmetics, but there's no way this little effort is enough to support an entire person.

Oh my GOD there is no end to her narcissism 🤣 ‘I’m an overachiever’ ‘I’m an OG blogger, I keep it real, I’m honest, something something passion’ poor little mite is so misguided

She’s lazy. That’s why her social media numbers are so low. 40 hours a week she should have Zoella numbers. But it’s more like 5 hours a week. You get out what you put in. She should be dedicating her life, blood, sweat and tears to her “business”. But nope she gets out of bed at 9:30 and stays in her pjs, then slaps on a face mask, cries mental health, posts a “I’m so down” photo and calls it a day.

She’s Beggy Mitchell, even begging subscribers to buy her cups of coffee. How desperate do you have to be to ask complete strangers to buy you a coffee?! She’s shameless! 😡

• Haha
Also I literally don't understand...she says how she's basically doing nothing and Chris has meetings all day....yet he has to make HER a gin and tonic and cook dinner because she's so stressed 🤦

• Wow
Also I literally don't understand...she says how she's basically doing nothing and Chris has meetings all day....yet he has to make HER a gin and tonic and cook dinner because she's so stressed 🤦
I need to find a boyfriend like this 🤣

• Haha
Her latest video has a very polite comment from a subscriber saying she has had to stop watching as she’s so negative and asking her whether it’s worth doing YouTube if she feels like this 😂🙈😂

Listen to your subscribers Amelia and read between the lines- we’re sick of your boring vlogs and constant moaning!

Reactions: 9
I actually think she has depression and really needs to look at her life and reassess what makes her happy and get some help. Amelia annoys me yes, but ultimately I want her to be happy and healthy living a life she enjoys and I just think she isn’t cut out for this job.

I know that lots of people have found lockdown tough for varying reasons and I completely respect that. You don’t have to be working on the front line or have been personally effected by COVID to be struggling at the moment. She has every right to feel worried and upset, but the level she is at certainly doesn’t feel like “normal” worries to me?

Reactions: 4
Her latest video has a very polite comment from a subscriber saying she has had to stop watching as she’s so negative and asking her whether it’s worth doing YouTube if she feels like this 😂🙈😂
You know, this actually made me think, because dear Xax promptly replied bashing other vloggers who only show the world "through rose-tinted glasses" or some such thing, while she is real, and she wants people to not feel alone when they're down and she wants to convey that there's a real person behind the lens, yadayada, you know how it goes.

And I thought that in my view, she gets it wrong on three counts. One, she doesn't realize that what may be real is also boring. Everyone has to get through eery times at the moment, and no, we don't need someone to bore our socks off on top of that. That makes people feel worse, not better. Two, she seems to think that her being real is more valuable than good content. But why would that be? We don't really know her, as she so sweetly tends to point out as soon as someone criticizes her. What we get when we watch any Youtuber is a social media persona, and we and they would do well to remember that. That's the job. Real Amelia whining in PJs may be a person her few friends care about, but it's not the job. Three, if someone is really down these days, I doubt that it makes them feel less alone to listen to Amelia moan because it dawned on her that her life choices, Covid or none, have not exactly been sustainable. It's rather twisted to think that venting your own frustrations is actually something people should thank you for.

I must say, I felt truly sorry for her for the first time in a long time. She strikes me as so down that she completely overlooks how her own business works, even more so than usual. That level of self-involved is scary, and it's going to come back to bite her.

I’m not sure why she continues to vlog as the numbers can’t make it financially worthwhile for her given how long she has been doing it for. She would be much better off (financially and emotionally!) if she quit YouTube and concentrated on her nail business which she does seem to gain enjoyment from. The vlogs as they are have become really stale and it’s clear that she desperately needs sponsorship for content as without it she is dull to watch.

Thank God for Toby as he brings a little joy to her vlogs!

I think she’s in a bit of a mess now. Her vlogging business isn’t bringing in any money and even if things go back to normal, brands will have less cash to fritter on marketing, meaning fewer freebies for influencers with no followers.

On the other hand if she takes the plunge and gets a job, there’s not likely to be much around amid the worst recession in living memory - especially someone with a massive hole in their CV like she’ll now have.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.