Xameliax #5 self proclaimed overachiever, does she think that anyone really believes her?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love it if she gave us some practical examples of how she is an overachiever.

From what she shares she comes across as much more of a worrier and procrastinator. Like the sort of person who knows they have work to do (in Amelias case film a video / blog) but is a bit scared of it so ends up in a cycle of procrastinating then worrying about all the time they’ve wasted.

If she was an overachiever she would have been putting out creative, un-sponsored videos / content during lockdown to ensure that her platforms remained active and up to date to keep her subscribers and followers happy and to show brands she is on it and has the motivation to keep busy and work hard.

Reactions: 1
I would love it if she gave us some practical examples of how she is an overachiever.

From what she shares she comes across as much more of a worrier and procrastinator. Like the sort of person who knows they have work to do (in Amelias case film a video / blog) but is a bit scared of it so ends up in a cycle of procrastinating then worrying about all the time they’ve wasted.

If she was an overachiever she would have been putting out creative, un-sponsored videos / content during lockdown to ensure that her platforms remained active and up to date to keep her subscribers and followers happy and to show brands she is on it and has the motivation to keep busy and work hard.
She admits she does this procrastination thing though and says it’s part of her “perfectionist/over achiever” personality type. Because she gets scared that she won’t make it as perfect as it has to be for her

Reactions: 1
She admits she does this procrastination thing though and says it’s part of her “perfectionist/over achiever” personality type. Because she gets scared that she won’t make it as perfect as it has to be for her
Yep, that's a real thing. I work in academia and see it all the time. In fact we all fear perfectionist PhD students, because they are the ones at risk of never turning in that thesis. You can tell them all you want that Rome is burning, but they just can't let it go until it's exactly what they wanted. And the longer they wait, the more convinced they become that after this long time they cannot possibly hand it in, unless it's absolutely flawless, which research never is, and it becomes a vicious circle. It's paralyzing, and you need to coax yourself out of it very gently.

I can totally believe that some social media people experience something similar. I doubt that Amelia is one of them though. After all, she does post. And she does not seem to have a problem posting obviously deeply flawed content fraught with callous remarks, bad lighting, self-contradicting statements, typos and nothing really happening (hello vlogs!). If she were the paralyzed perfectionist she paints herself as, I think she'd go about it quite differently, or not post at all.

To me, it seems like she's overestimating her efforts, for whichever reason, and therefore sees herself as inhibited by perfectionism when she's simply inhibited by a lack of motivation to follow through on her ideas and by an excessive focus on any current mood. I also get the impression that she genuinely takes herself for a perfectionist; she seems to have successfully convinced herself of that narrative at least.

Reactions: 6
I just don’t know how you can say you’re an over achiever if you’re too scared to actually do the work 😂 to achieve (over or otherwise) you have to actually DO something.

To me, it seems like she's overestimating her efforts, for whichever reason, and therefore sees herself as inhibited by perfectionism when she's simply inhibited by a lack of motivation to follow through on her ideas and by an excessive focus on any current mood. I also get the impression that she genuinely takes herself for a perfectionist; she seems to have successfully convinced herself of that narrative at least.
100% this! She has convinced herself that she is a perfectionist / over achiever blah blah blah when actually she is just out of ideas and lacks motivation.

My ex was an actual perfectionist with borderline ocd traits (diagnosed) and even though I’m sure these things present differently in different people, from my first hand experience I’d say there’s little to no way Amelia is in that camp. The typos alone prove that she isn’t a perfectionist. My ex used to run social media for a company and he would spend hours (not even exaggerating) on one Instagram post making sure it was 100% right before posting, there’s no way a typo would slip through!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
ALL she ever posts is stupid quote memes that say some variation of “it’s ok if you’re a lazy unmotivated tit!! Don’t worry!” EVERY DAY. Who is she trying to convince?? She is so utterly depressing. She’s a misery blogger. Is that a thing?? If not then she’s made it a thing.

Also how dated is that hive nonsense? Had it for ages. Nothing new or interesting. Old news again

• Haha
Reactions: 7
ALL she ever posts is stupid quote memes that say some variation of “it’s ok if you’re a lazy unmotivated tit!! Don’t worry!” EVERY DAY. Who is she trying to convince?? She is so utterly depressing. She’s a misery blogger. Is that a thing?? If not then she’s made it a thing.

Also how dated is that hive nonsense? Had it for ages. Nothing new or interesting. Old news again
Yeh, I had hives in my house like 5 years ago lol. And someone made a good point about sustainability. Oh one hand she’s preaching about educating herself on the BLM movement, then she’s on about organic condoms and period pants, now hive plugs which aren’t that sustainable let’s be honest! She’s just latching on to anything atm it seems! She has no real identity as a blogger at all!

Reactions: 4
She has no real identity as a blogger at all
True that, and another reason why I don't buy that she's a perfectionist at heart. Wouldn't a perfectionist polish the identity and message of her channel rather than blabbing on about whatever comes to mind (or to her inbox)?

Yeh, I had hives in my house like 5 years ago lol. And someone made a good point about sustainability. Oh one hand she’s preaching about educating herself on the BLM movement, then she’s on about organic condoms and period pants, now hive plugs which aren’t that sustainable let’s be honest! She’s just latching on to anything atm it seems! She has no real identity as a blogger at all!
It's the sustainability bit that frustrates me. I'm all for each to their own but she just pushes it when she wants to be high and mighty with her organic condoms but then advocates electrics that are constantly on using energy so you dont have to get up out of your seat... wow.

Reactions: 3
Long term lurker here but HAD to comment about this. On the "This is not an ad" post she explains to someone in the comments that disclosing an ad until after the main post text is against guidelines. Go to the Hive post... Yep it's at the end. I personally couldn't care less how she wants to disclose but that is just totally backward. Also on her Hive story when she said "I got a job!" Click bait much?

Reactions: 4
She seems so much happier now, considering how down she was it seems so false! I’d like to think she is genuinely happy, but I doubt it!

WHO is excited for some random woman on the internet’s “period journey??” Absolutely bleeping nobody, that’s who.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.