Xameliax #4 respect my boundaries for my protection, let me tell you bout my water infection!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hate this giggle that she does at the end of every sentence. It makes her lose credibility over anything she says.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yeh what the duck is that ‘yknow’, that’s like what Australians do! I bet Chris does it, she’s probs picked it up from him!

Reactions: 2
I'm so disappointed with XameliaX, I genuinely used to be a fan. I've unfollowed on insta tonight after the 'don't diet shame me' blog. I've not messaged her as there's no point but if she's reading this.

"I'm not diet shaming you, there's nothing wrong with wanting to treat your body respectfully with good food and enjoying exercise. But slim fast is a fad, a quick fix, unsustainable and evidence suggests exacerbates disordered eating in the long term. I'm disappointed that after alot of work trying to change my relationship with food I briefly considered this diet after your ad which would have only sent me back to square one. There will be many people I'm sure who are influenced by you who perhaps feel the same. I appreciate slim fast probably pay well, but please acknowledge that this is a quick fix and put a disclaimer on your ad that it's not suitable for people with disordered eating".

• Heart
Reactions: 17
In her what I eat video... she’s done 1 week and had 2 normal lunches and 1 meal out with alcohol. Surely in the first week you would at least follow the plan exactly?! She’s just showing us that it’s not a good way to loose weight if she can’t even do it for 7 days without going off plan 3 times!

Reactions: 5
Your body just goes into starvation mode. And the moment you finish, it will hang on to every calorie going because it's scared it won't have food again. She's an idiot. Watch how she BALLOONs The moment she finishes it

Reactions: 1
I watched her 'What I Eat in a Week' video last night and had so many thoughts. As the poster above has already stated, this sort of fad diet promotes an unhealthy relationship with food and I just don't understand how anyone who proports to understand the complicated relationship a lot of people have with food and their body could take money for a SlimFast ad. It's great that Amelia can do a diet like this without slipping into disordered eating habits, but for a lot of people that is not the case. Two seconds worth of footage where she says "remember kids, you can have wine and do slim fast!!!!" isn't enough. The responsibility influencers have to their audiences reaches far beyond that and it baffles me how a lot of them don't seem to grasp this.

This sort of ad would have easily influenced me a couple of years ago (and it wouldn't have even been labelled an ad, even worse!) I would have probably tried it, lost some weight and then put it all back on after going back to "normal" eating, which would just further my hatred for my body. It has taken me a long time to get out of the never ending cycle of calorie restricting, binging, working out to "earn" back calories, cutting out carbs etc and to see someone who says that they love themselves promoting this type of diet is pretty disappointing, regardless of whether I like her usual content or not. The women is eating a bleeping cereal bar for her lunch and having two part dinners for Gods sake. Yeah, totally healthy and normal eating habits.

To me, this whole thing just proves that:

A. Amelia doesn't love herself, and isn't in a place where she accepts herself for herself as she claims to be. As I have said before (broken record) I have no problem with the concept of being happy with yourself and wanting to improve, but if that is how you feel you lose weight in a healthy, balanced way that is conducive to loving yourself, i.e. eating healthy, well balanced, nutritious food and exercising for strength, wellbeing and fitness levels. And;

B. has no bleeping money.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Well hasn’t someone who went to school with her shared on here before that she said she had an eating disorder in school? So likely unwise for her to pick up fad diets too

Just watching an old video....does anyone remember when she got her hair basically dyed a horrible grey and pretended to LOVE it?! And then like later that day she went and got it dyed a different colour! So full of crap.

Just watching an old video....does anyone remember when she got her hair basically dyed a horrible grey and pretended to LOVE it?! And then like later that day she went and got it dyed a different colour! So full of crap.
Hahaha yes I remember. She had weird white bits at the front like a tit ginger spice.

So I have left a long term relationship last weekend due to bad behaviour - no cheating but his intent was there. Anyway I thought oh I'm heartbroken. We were together a long time - I know xameliax brands herself as a breakup guru... well what a load of tosh. Why I was glad I was cheated on, 5 tips for dating girls who were cheated on... I mean wow.

She did make me feel better though - accidentally, after reading her garbage

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wonder how much she actually makes a year from her blog and YouTube etc, surely not enough to live!!

I just watched that vlog after your comment, wow the whole thing was peak Amelia. At the start when she said ‘my hair is growing out so it looks grey, but I’m not going grey!” OK great but lots of people go grey in their 20s/30s who cares. I’ve honestly never seen anybody as obsessed with their hair as she is. She kept saying ‘we put a toner on it, we did this’ Err no the stylist did my love. Then her weird rant at the dentist when ringing up to book an appointment, she knew better than the receptionist apparently.

So I have left a long term relationship last weekend due to bad behaviour - no cheating but his intent was there. Anyway I thought oh I'm heartbroken. We were together a long time - I know xameliax brands herself as a breakup guru... well what a load of tosh. Why I was glad I was cheated on, 5 tips for dating girls who were cheated on... I mean wow.

She did make me feel better though - accidentally, after reading her garbage
Hope you’re doing okay ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone actually watched these videos back.. ffs I don’t want any questions. I will show you my journey ie: use it for content but don’t you dare ask me any questions!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.