Wright At Home/Helen Marie Wright

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
not sure if she does get child benefit for olly and ella. The rules changed to changed to only 2 kids but not sure if that was before Olly or not.

either way, they have the money for their drinks and weekends out every week why can’t they spend it on the kids every now and again? Clothes from primark are cheaper than charitu shops and second hand. i don’t agree with constant fast fashion? But when clothes seem to have been passed down from liam to olly then they might need new clothes!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's like when they spent nearly £300 each on themselves on new clothes boots and nic nacs. OK Danny works hard and deserves a treat, but out of all that they didn't buy the boys one thing apart from bits to put away for their birthdays.
That £300 each could have been a lot of new clothes for the boys.
Again maybe I'm being unreasonable, Danny does work hard for their money, and they seem to save well but it doesn't sit well with me that they can splurge like that on themselves but feed their kids yellow stickers pretty much every night and put them in second hand clothes when really they seem in a position that they don't have to live like that.

There's nothing with feeding your family with reduced food and there are many amazing families and parents who are really struggling especially just now who can only manage to feed their children yellow stickers and clothe their children in second hand clothes (use are doing an amazing job!)
But I just feel with Helen it's utter greed and tightness with money.

not sure if she does get child benefit for olly and ella. The rules changed to changed to only 2 kids but not sure if that was before Olly or not.

either way, they have the money for their drinks and weekends out every week why can’t they spend it on the kids every now and again? Clothes from primark are cheaper than charitu shops and second hand. i don’t agree with constant fast fashion? But when clothes seem to have been passed down from liam to olly then they might need new clothes!
I'm sure with camron being over sixteen now and working she won't get child benefit for him, so I'm sure she'd able to claim for Ella. Because Liam and Olly were born before April 2017 she'll definitely get for them depending on Danny's Income but I can't see it being over the thresh hold for child benefit so she may even get child tax credits as well. Yes I agree 😊

Plus I'm sure she'll earn a small amount from YouTube now with the ads in her videos and the hair she does as well

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It's like when they spent nearly £300 each on themselves on new clothes boots and nic nacs. OK Danny works hard and deserves a treat, but out of all that they didn't buy the boys one thing apart from bits to put away for their birthdays.
That £300 each could have been a lot of new clothes for the boys.
Again maybe I'm being unreasonable, Danny does work hard for their money, and they seem to save well but it doesn't sit well with me that they can splurge like that on themselves but feed their kids yellow stickers pretty much every night and put them in second hand clothes when really they seem in a position that they don't have to live like that.

There's nothing with feeding your family with reduced food and there are many amazing families and parents who are really struggling especially just now who can only manage to feed their children yellow stickers and clothe their children in second hand clothes (use are doing an amazing job!)
But I just feel with Helen it's utter greed and tightness with money.

I'm sure with camron being over sixteen now and working she won't get child benefit for him, so I'm sure she'd able to claim for Ella. Because Liam and Olly were born before April 2017 she'll definitely get for them depending on Danny's Income but I can't see it being over the thresh hold for child benefit so she may even get child tax credits as well. Yes I agree 😊

Plus I'm sure she'll earn a small amount from YouTube now with the ads in her videos and the hair she does as well
I agree they deserve a treat and yes Danny does work hard,but hes the one who wanted a 4th child and he pushed Helen to give up on looking for a part time job,because he preferred to have her at home in case they had another baby. She was in the running for classroom assistant,but after interviews the head withdrew the position. This may sound mean,but Helen certainly isn't someone id want helping my child if they had literacy problems, her own vocabulary and literacy skills are fairly poor, maybe this was why the head withdrew the position because of the standard of applicants.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree they deserve a treat and yes Danny does work hard,but hes the one who wanted a 4th child and he pushed Helen to give up on looking for a part time job,because he preferred to have her at home in case they had another baby. She was in the running for classroom assistant,but after interviews the head withdrew the position. This may sound mean,but Helen certainly isn't someone id want helping my child if they had literacy problems, her own vocabulary and literacy skills are fairly poor, maybe this was why the head withdrew the position because of the standard of applicants.
I did notice this as well that she has quite bad spelling and vocabulary 😬 I do find it strange that Danny wouldn't encourage her to follow her dreams and it would have been some extra pennies coming in, I've noticed a big change in her since having Ella she doesn't seem the bubbly and outgoing person she once was, she seems subdued in her latest videos.

She seems like a lovely lady but I just find the dynamics with the money situation very strange and the obsession with saving money and bargains

• Heart
Reactions: 7

She would of probably got child benefit up until Cameron turned 20 as he was in education (some training course I think that still involved college) and the gov. site says no limit on child benefit.
Copied from Gov.uk website on Child Benefit.

How it works
You get Child Benefit if you’re responsible for bringing up a child who is:
Only one person can get Child Benefit for a child.
There’s no limit to how many children you can claim for.

Reactions: 1
When they go away on these weekend breaks they all look scruffy as if they’ve just been transported from the 90s 🤦🏻‍♀️ Even her and Danny wear scruffy old fashioned clothes. What it boils down to is that they have their priorities wrong. She’s spoken in the past about having an ‘allowance’ per month. I’d spend mine on the kids personally. Especially if my kids were going around looking like they are 😢

• Heart
She goes over the top buying from the charity shop when most of it is faded and well worn, remember when she was pregnant with Ella and she'd already bought bags full of clothes to about age 6 or 7? no way would she get through all of them, surely it's better to buy a few new pieces and pad out with some decent bits from the charity shop?

Last edited:
No yellow label shop this week.. maybe she's read here and feels bad about taking so much, or maybe she did it and just decided not to show it.. says a lot when she won't buy the healthy foods, (fruit and veg) unless it's on yellow labels.

• Wow
No yellow label shop this week.. maybe she's read here and feels bad about taking so much, or maybe she did it and just decided not to show it.. says a lot when she won't buy the healthy foods, (fruit and veg) unless it's on yellow labels.
I was thinking the same thing! Fruit and veg is cheap enough in aldi 🙈 but she'll now only buy it on yellow label

• Wow
The latest meals seem worse than ever, dry, over cooked, soggy veg and bricks of mash over a lake of gravy. The way she talks about bulking the yellow sticker things out to make them go further would make people think they can't afford to eat any other way, im all for a bargain and actually picked up a chicken with a yellow sticker yesterday as I was going for one anyway but to chuck meals together that do not go and look like gruel for the sake of not paying full price for any of it is just odd.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The latest meals seem worse than ever, dry, over cooked, soggy veg and bricks of mash over a lake of gravy. The way she talks about bulking the yellow sticker things out to make them go further would make people think they can't afford to eat any other way, im all for a bargain and actually picked up a chicken with a yellow sticker yesterday as I was going for one anyway but to chuck meals together that do not go and look like gruel for the sake of not paying full price for any of it is just odd.
Helens meals have definitely get worse. Few years ago she would do cooking videos,they were never adventurous, but the food looked so much nicer. Since being pregnant and having Ella,Helen seens to have changed,she doesnt seem bothered or interested in the meals she cooks. My personal impression is she possibly feels trapped at home,thats why she now takes every opportunity to go out without the kids. Helen wanted to get a part time job,Danny wanted another baby. I know shes tight fisted and controlling when it comes to food,but maybe thats the only thing in her life she can control

• Heart
Helens meals have definitely get worse. Few years ago she would do cooking videos,they were never adventurous, but the food looked so much nicer. Since being pregnant and having Ella,Helen seens to have changed,she doesnt seem bothered or interested in the meals she cooks. My personal impression is she possibly feels trapped at home,thats why she now takes every opportunity to go out without the kids. Helen wanted to get a part time job,Danny wanted another baby. I know shes tight fisted and controlling when it comes to food,but maybe thats the only thing in her life she can control
Yes that makes sense, I see a total change in her, when I first found her channel I enjoyed watching her cooking content, her stuffed shells always looked delish and her instant pot info vlogs were really helpful, I still watch now but more out of curiosity as to what concoctions she'll rustle up and how long she spent loitering in morrisons for some 15p pork chops

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just watched her food haul. The yellow label hauls are getting smaller. No fruit or veg. But she won’t buy them full price? The woman infuriates me. Says we go through a lot of food in our house with 4 kids, don’t we all! Yet she’s probably taking yellow stickers off if people who are genuinely struggling. Wonder how long she lurked in Morrisons for that stuff 🙄

• Angry
Just watched her food haul. The yellow label hauls are getting smaller. No fruit or veg. But she won’t buy them full price? The woman infuriates me. Says we go through a lot of food in our house with 4 kids, don’t we all! Yet she’s probably taking yellow stickers off if people who are genuinely struggling. Wonder how long she lurked in Morrisons for that stuff 🙄
She fills her kids with pastry and sugary items,all the meals are heavy on the carbohydrates.I do wonder how they eat everything so fast,that cant be frozen. I get the impression Helen eorks on volime of food rather thsn quality of food. By quality of food,I mean does she make sure,carbs,protein and vegetables are balanced?

Reactions: 6
Just watched her food haul and she says those king prawns are for their supper... Supper... now that's a luxury a lot of people cannot afford in this cost of living crisis. She also talks of a full stocked up freezer... Does she even care that some people are on the bones of their butts... scrapping by, and she talks of a stocked freezer and supper. Makes me so mad. These youtubers have no empathy.

• Angry
Don’t worry, all the money she’s saved will buy her & Danny their brand new clothes after Xmas! While the kids look like tramps. 😡

the scrounging is insufferable. imagine the poor employees at that morrisons. must be thinking 'for duck sake, here she comes' every time she shows up for a night down the aisles

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've always watched her but I just can't anymore the tightness and the yellow sticker shopping is becoming such a turn off. I love a yellow sticker, love a bargain but to live your life like that week in week out - something's not right. If you are that hard up - good for you but they can't be that hard up.

They aren’t hard up she’s greedy! Buys new for herself and Danny and rags for the boys and Ella! Wonder if she’ll film her Boxing Day haul this year?

• Angry
They aren’t hard up she’s greedy! Buys new for herself and Danny and rags for the boys and Ella! Wonder if she’ll film her Boxing Day haul this year?
Well, they're not on the breadline unless they have debts cos Danny is a copper.. I wonder if he IS on shift on some of these nights.. After all, the police force is a very incestuous environment and its well known for affairs an, stuff....

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.