Working from home conditions - Corona virus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone struggling already?

My job is not usually able to be done from home, but work wifi enabled a lot of desktops at the end of last week so Im at home in my lounge/diner with a desktop, 2 monitors etc sitting next to my husband and his two laptops. Sitting on a wooden chair that is killing my spine! There are now 4 of us at home, us and our, 22 yo and 19yo. I work in a call centre but doing admin, I go on the phones when its very busy which it was on Friday lunchtime.

My husband works for the MOD so has to go upstairs to make phone calls privately.

We are in the middle of having our bathroom done, no shower in as yet, lots of banging, drilling, toilet out of use this morning.

Waiting to hear if my husband and 19 yo daughter are classed as extremely vulnerable, would have thought so but its not clear from the gov list.

Im glad to be able to still work, but its not easy at all. How is anyone else getting on?

Absolutely hating every second of it, but solely because my job makes me desperately unhappy and my boss is a despot.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I've been there, had to hand my notice in with no job lined up as I couldn't cope with my old boss. I'm sorry it's like that, do you have other colleagues you can talk to?

I work from home 1 or 2 days a week anyway which is fine when it’s just me but when my partner is home too he drives me mad. This was how it was 2 weeks ago and fast forward to now I’d give anything to have that normality back.

He has been laid off and going forwards we are having to live off 80% of my basic wage (50%+ off my earnings are usually commission) as my company can’t operate currently, which equates to less than what we would get collectively if we were on universal credit, so while I feel your WFH pain there are people in far worse situations than yours or mine, so just try and get through it and remember it’s not forever.

Reactions: 2
I work from home 1 or 2 days a week anyway which is fine when it’s just me but when my partner is home too he drives me mad. This was how it was 2 weeks ago and fast forward to now I’d give anything to have that normality back.

He has been laid off and going forwards we are having to live off 80% of my basic wage (50%+ off my earnings are usually commission) as my company can’t operate currently, which equates to less than what we would get collectively if we were on universal credit, so while I feel your WFH pain there are people in far worse situations than yours or mine, so just try and get through it and remember it’s not forever.
This thread was meant as support for those working from home, and 12 weeks or longer may not be forever but is a long time in less than perfect conditions. I also have other things going on that I didnt mention, so please dont patronise me, its all tit.

This thread was meant as support for those working from home, and 12 weeks or longer may not be forever but is a long time in less than perfect conditions. I also have other things going on that I didnt mention, so please dont patronise me, its all tit.
Wasn’t being patronising was just meaning to give a little perspective 🙃

I've been there, had to hand my notice in with no job lined up as I couldn't cope with my old boss. I'm sorry it's like that, do you have other colleagues you can talk to?
I’ve tried to broach the subject with them, but they’ve all got their own stuff to deal with and I don’t want to burden them, particularly not whilst we’re in the thick of a pandemic! I hope your current job/boss is better? Also, a rolled up towel (make long and thin, like a snake) placed in the lumbar region can help to make chairs a bit less uncomfortable; it’s a bit of a bodge method but could provide a little relief?

Reactions: 1
Anyone struggling already?

My job is not usually able to be done from home, but work wifi enabled a lot of desktops at the end of last week so Im at home in my lounge/diner with a desktop, 2 monitors etc sitting next to my husband and his two laptops. Sitting on a wooden chair that is killing my spine! There are now 4 of us at home, us and our, 22 yo and 19yo. I work in a call centre but doing admin, I go on the phones when its very busy which it was on Friday lunchtime.

My husband works for the MOD so has to go upstairs to make phone calls privately.

We are in the middle of having our bathroom done, no shower in as yet, lots of banging, drilling, toilet out of use this morning.

Waiting to hear if my husband and 19 yo daughter are classed as extremely vulnerable, would have thought so but its not clear from the gov list.

Im glad to be able to still work, but its not easy at all. How is anyone else getting on?
my employers have said they have a duty of care to us, even when working from home. We’re all getting health and safety assessments as they appreciate some are working from make shift desks (mainly dining tables!) and, maybe, trying to fend off back pain claims. Said they’re going to try and deal with what they can.

It’s not ideal, but hopefully you can muddle through.

keep smiling and stay safe xx

Thanks, we have not had any communication on the duty of care etc, but I will raise it when I can. You all take care xx

UC is means tested, so if you are getting less than a UC claim, it means you should claim UC?