Work Situation - what would you do?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going with the majority here, it's between option 2 and 3.

I'm not a sociable person so 2 is perfect for me, but 3 if you prefer the interaction.

Reactions: 3
This really depends entirely on whether you like WFH or not which I can’t see anywhere on the thread. If you do, job 2. If you don’t, job 3. If you don’t mind/don’t have a strong preference, I’d pick the one with the better salary.

Reactions: 1
Personally, I would pick job 2. I don’t consider having workmates a win. I would rather save time + gas money and find a meet up group to socialize.

Reactions: 2
Personally I would rule job 1 out. Job 2 sounds better for many reasons: working from home, less interaction with other people and better money.
Job 3: Its 25 mins from home so you have travel expenses . Yes you get chance to mingle with others but given the current situation with Covid i would avoid that. Personally i would go for 2 purely because im an unsociable so and so. Although If you like to be in an office with other people then go for 3.
Good luck in whichever you choose.

Reactions: 2
Between 2 and 3. The question isn't about salary, it's how do you value your time?

Reactions: 1
I forgot to mention that option 3 involves shift work ... 24 hour shift work ... which would be fine for me as I'm a night owl but I do understand it can wreak havoc on stress and sleep levels.

I forgot to mention that option 3 involves shift work ... 24 hour shift work ... which would be fine for me as I'm a night owl but I do understand it can wreak havoc on stress and sleep levels.
I would 101% choose job 2 in that case!! Don’t like not knowing my schedule — so hard to schedule having a life with that format.

Come to Tattle if you get lonely. We will be here for you 😛 ❤

Option 2, 11000%! I work with shift workers and i couldn’t do it. They get paid crazy extra money for it too, so most of them do it for a short while and then leave.. for 10% it’s absolutely not worth it (our minimum shift allowance is 25% I think)

Congratulations on being offered three positions! I would go for job #3, because you said "You work just fine by yourself and don't really crave company, but you do feel a bit isolated at times." and that I feel like job 3 is the only one that has the potential to change that. I also like that you need to leave your equipment at work, meaning that the work/home separation sounds more straightforward. That being said, I'm not entirely familiar with shift work. It doesn't sound like it would be something I'd be happy with, but each to their own. Good luck! :)

Congratulations! That's not a dilemma one would mind to have...

I was torn between 2 and 3 but with this new info that 3 involves shift work I'd pick number 2.
I am a Monday to Friday kinda gal, need my routine and weekends/bank holidays off.

Best of luck! :)

I was on the fence but then you said shift work for job 3, so I’d pick job 2. Congratulations on all three though you’re clearly a very desirable candidate 😊

I'd go for option 2 as I prefer working at home. I wouldn't be happy with shift work, but I have a young family so just wouldn't manage with childcare. Option 1 sounds dodgy imo.