Women’s Fashion

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to buy a lot from Boohoo (things you'd wear once or twice for a night out and knits) but the mediocre quality has gone downhill to absolutely dire. Like I wouldn't want to stand within 5 feet of a naked flame.

H&M and New Look I like because their websites are easy to navigate and free delivery deals. Primark i will get a haul of basics in every so often.
I do like Zara but the website is a no-no so very rarely shop there (I prefer to shop online)

My 'secret weapons' are Amazon wardrobe for Vera Moda basics, Levis, sports and foot wear and everythingfivepounds.com
There's a lot of crap on there but lots of good stuff - mostly ex New look, Mango, H&M, Primark, Zara etc - For instance on their 'New arrivals' page today they are showing 'High rise skinny jeans' - They are H&M (you can actually see if you zoom the waist button but also, I have them)
Yes you pay delivery but it works out to about £1 and item and it goes up in weights so you can buy say, 13 items for the same delivery price as 8.
I can also return about 4-6 items for the small parcel Royal Mail about £3. If you go over the weight and it can be expensive so better to do 2 small parcels. My boyfriend thinks its too much hassle for a bargain, just pay full price but I don't mind when I buy some things I'm not sure I'll have the balls to wear or an outrageous NYE sequin dress.
I've spent years paying £40-50 for clothes and shoes I don't end up wearing so I'd rather pay £5 - It's not good environmentally to over consume maybe, but if I don't find myself wearing something, it goes to charity - rather than hanging on to it because 'I spent loads on that, I can't throw it out',

Reactions: 2
I used to buy a lot from Boohoo (things you'd wear once or twice for a night out and knits) but the mediocre quality has gone downhill to absolutely dire. Like I wouldn't want to stand within 5 feet of a naked flame.

H&M and New Look I like because their websites are easy to navigate and free delivery deals. Primark i will get a haul of basics in every so often.
I do like Zara but the website is a no-no so very rarely shop there (I prefer to shop online)

My 'secret weapons' are Amazon wardrobe for Vera Moda basics, Levis, sports and foot wear and everythingfivepounds.com
There's a lot of crap on there but lots of good stuff - mostly ex New look, Mango, H&M, Primark, Zara etc - For instance on their 'New arrivals' page today they are showing 'High rise skinny jeans' - They are H&M (you can actually see if you zoom the waist button but also, I have them)
Yes you pay delivery but it works out to about £1 and item and it goes up in weights so you can buy say, 13 items for the same delivery price as 8.
I can also return about 4-6 items for the small parcel Royal Mail about £3. If you go over the weight and it can be expensive so better to do 2 small parcels. My boyfriend thinks its too much hassle for a bargain, just pay full price but I don't mind when I buy some things I'm not sure I'll have the balls to wear or an outrageous NYE sequin dress.
I've spent years paying £40-50 for clothes and shoes I don't end up wearing so I'd rather pay £5 - It's not good environmentally to over consume maybe, but if I don't find myself wearing something, it goes to charity - rather than hanging on to it because 'I spent loads on that, I can't throw it out',
I personally think boohoo is awful worse than primark quality now, everything see through

Reactions: 12
New Look
ASOS
River Island

I mostly buy clothes second hand from ebay (I just type in "River Island size 12" or something)

I used to really like Topshop but it seems to have gone downhill in quality, and up in prices.

Reactions: 3
I saw a white short sleeve top which was like this sort of, but thicker material, ribbed and frillly on the edges. Any idea?
4D584E79-4F49-48FE-A45F-1C363A03AE81.png

I saw a white short sleeve top which was like this sort of, but thicker material, ribbed and frillly on the edges. Any idea?
I'd say that's a take on a 'Henley' style top. Google Henley body suit/top for similar

Asos, Dorothy Perkins, Very, River Island are my main. I do like Zara but im a bit too fat for their clothes usually! I can't be arsed looking too hard so I just avoid it

I personally think boohoo is awful worse than primark quality now, everything see through
Went to Primark today and really wasn’t that impressed which is a shame as I normally quite like their stuff to inject some trend into my wardrobe without breaking the bank. Lots of core stock (jeans, vest tops) but everything remotely fashion was only available in a 2XL or a 2XS. And the other add ons I like getting like cheap earrings and knickers also barely any variety just lots & lots of the same thing.

Reactions: 1
Big ASOS fan as think premier delivery is worth its weight in gold considering there’s no minimum spend for next day delivery (and they sell cosmetics... run out of foundation?.. next day delivery!) My SIL and i ‘share’ an ASOS account, don’t think it’s allowed technically but it means we go halves on the premier delivery cost every year - tight I know - and both use it freely all year round. Definitely get our moneys worth!

Also ‘joined’ H&Ms website as I am a member which is free but means I can get points, member deals and free delivery. Worth it and I quite like their stuff.

Fallen out with BooHoo after one too many things being horrible material or looking nothing like the picture.

I’m a bit limited as wear a size 18-20 so feel a bit left out of some shops but I’ve had some fab stuff from Zara - that always surprises people given my clothes size (they’re notorious for only putting out S and M sizes in store!). The trick is to go into store, find something you like and search it on their website when you get home... Sometimes they go up to XXL depending on the range. I even got a Zara coat to fit me when I was a size 22 so it can be done!

As a curveball I really like Joanie clothing... very unique. It’s expensive but they do good sales. I remember one Black Friday everything was 50% off.

I agree about the Zara website, I absolutely love Zara but can only shop in store because the website and app are so awful! The clothes look ridiculous on the models and it's really not user friendly. I end up giving up after a few minutes. Surely a few tweaks would massively increase sales online, they need to take a leaf out of Asos app which is so user friendly that I can spend hundreds far too easily 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The photography on Zara is so dreadful, I end up closing my laptop out of frustration.

I just want to see the clothes! I don’t want to see the model contorting herself into random positions so I can’t even see what she’s wearing. So annoying!

Exhibit A:
6364F59F-600C-473B-AEB2-E5D6BB8AFB7A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
The photography on Zara is so dreadful, I end up closing my laptop out of frustration.

I just want to see the clothes! I don’t want to see the model contorting herself into random positions so I can’t even see what she’s wearing. So annoying!

Exhibit A:
View attachment 270351
I totally agree. What kind of soppy pose is this? Yes it's a nice sofa and balcony with impressive backdrop but you can't see the jeans.

Just because people have posted about Brandalley above. They got caught out years ago for selling fakes. Super fakes (I.e. good quality fakes not £20 market fakes). But still fakes nonetheless. Someone sent her bag to the actual designer. I think it was Prada but could be wrong and they confirmed it was fake. I could definitely see that happening on more items on their site and other sites like secret sales.

• Sad
I shop in TK Maxx, Next online. I like Quiz, Lipsy and misguided clothes. Only shop Primark for socks/underwear and tights. I do buy work clothing in Primark. The work clothing washes really well and is good value for money. TK Maxx sell a lot of Zara clothing in their mod box section. You do need to know when to shop in TK Maxx. Shop early in the day after deliveries. So store isn't too busy or trashed.

I shop in TK Maxx, Next online. I like Quiz, Lipsy and misguided clothes. Only shop Primark for socks/underwear and tights. I do buy work clothing in Primark. The work clothing washes really well and is good value for money. TK Maxx sell a lot of Zara clothing in their mod box section. You do need to know when to shop in TK Maxx. Shop early in the day after deliveries. So store isn't too busy or trashed.
I like Quiz too, I think it’s underrated

I’m very picky when it comes to clothes and find it hard to find clothes
I like which fit me well. Also feel a lot of high street stuff is too “trendy” for me and I just wouldn’t carry it off as I know what suits my shape. Currently loving Boden. Also get a lot of stuff from Gap, Fat Face and recently discovered White Stuff. Warehouse and Oasis were my go to but not sure if they are closing completely or not?

Also get most my work clothes from Sainsburys!! Love Tu

ASOS, Zara, H&M, Massimo Dutti, Mango, Reiss. I do buy quite a bit from eBay.

I tend to avoid the likes of Missguided, PLT, Boohoo etc as I just don’t agree with their ethos and think they’re managed by total plums.

Reactions: 4
I like River Island , Gap has some good jumpers .

Urban outfitters & mango to , i use to love warehouse & oasis .

Zara is very hit and miss for me some nice pieces but i think the quality can be poor. Overrated shop.

If i'm looking to treat myself Warehouse.
Warehouse and Oasis were my go to but not sure if they are closing completely or not?
I took something back to John Lewis the other day from the Warehouse concession, it was damaged, I’d wanted to swap. They said they’d stopped doing it as they’d gone bust. The website is still open but I’m reluctant to buy from there as they are in administration.
Worth considering if you were thinking of buying anything soon.