Women's Euros 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will you be watching? Seems to be a massive push for it this year. All games to be shown on mainstream BBC I think. They do well with TV viewers but can't get the audiences at the stands.

Will you be watching? Seems to be a massive push for it this year. All games to be shown on mainstream BBC I think. They do well with TV viewers but can't get the audiences at the stands.
We're watching!

Reactions: 1
I’m really looking forward to it. It’s high time the women’s game gets the respect it deserves and what a fabulous opportunity this is!!

In terms of people attending matches. They’ve allegedly sold 500K tickets which is pretty decent in my opinion. The matches are mostly at much smaller stadiums than Old Trafford(final being at Wembley) . St Mary’s Southampton holds 32K. Rotherham’s New York ground holds 12k. So it will probably be fairly relative to the stadium capacity. You’re never going to get a sellout for Switzerland vs Sweden but a steady 2.5/3k would probably be viewed as a success* especially as a lot of family’s go as tickets start at £10 for adults £5 for concessions.

(*The average league attendance for the WSL is around 1.5K/2K similar figures can be seen in the men’s game once you get down to national league north/south)

Well Lionesses have made it to the final. Have to say though, the quality between the two teams was vastly noticeable. Hard to see how Sweden even made that far along