Womb biopsy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had an aspiration womb biopsy before? I've done a lot of research and 99% of people say biopsies are awful. However most don't say which kind of biopsy it was as there is also hysteroscopy biopsy which is the more intensive option. Difference here: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/womb-cancer/getting-diagnosed/tests-diagnose/biopsy I mentioned to my GP that I wasn't keen on biopsy and she said how it wasn't horrible or invasive (I beg to differ) and that it was just a straw to suck up some cells. Has anyone had an aspiration biopsy and can advise on what it was like?

I've had lots of aspiration womb biopsies for (hyperplaysia) every 6 months I won't lie it's not a very nice procedure to have.
I've found it very much depends on the doctor some are quicker than others and some hurt more than others. When I had a hysteroscopy biopsy I had local anastetic but you can still feel a degree of discomfort.
It doesn't last very long a few minutes, the best way to describe it is like very intense period pain that spreads out to your pelvis.
If you can take the strongest pain killers you can half an hour before the procedure it takes the edge off. Hope this helps. If there's anything else you want to know just ask.

I've had lots of aspiration womb biopsies for (hyperplaysia) every 6 months I won't lie it's not a very nice procedure to have.
I've found it very much depends on the doctor some are quicker than others and some hurt more than others. When I had a hysteroscopy biopsy I had local anastetic but you can still feel a degree of discomfort.
It doesn't last very long a few minutes, the best way to describe it is like very intense period pain that spreads out to your pelvis.
If you can take the strongest pain killers you can half an hour before the procedure it takes the edge off. Hope this helps. If there's anything else you want to know just ask.
Thanks so much for your reply! I had a feeling that the GP was misleading me slightly which I think is a bit unfair as people would get a massive shock if they go to the appointments expecting not to feel anything at all. Can I ask how big of a difference the pain is between the two kinds of biopsy please? And can I ask if you can actually feel the aspiration biopsy being taken, can you feel the suction of the pipette? I was wondering if that was the part that causes the pain or whether it's more getting the pipette through the cervix that would cause it instead. Thank you, you must be bored of them having to go so regularly ☹ wishing you the best for the hyperplaysia.

Thanks so much for your reply! I had a feeling that the GP was misleading me slightly which I think is a bit unfair as people would get a massive shock if they go to the appointments expecting not to feel anything at all. Can I ask how big of a difference the pain is between the two kinds of biopsy please? And can I ask if you can actually feel the aspiration biopsy being taken, can you feel the suction of the pipette? I was wondering if that was the part that causes the pain or whether it's more getting the pipette through the cervix that would cause it instead. Thank you, you must be bored of them having to go so regularly ☹ wishing you the best for the hyperplaysia.
Thankyou I've had so many I think I have my own chair in the waiting room 😁. so the hysteroscopy one I've had once at the start of my treatment and I had a local anastetic for that but you can still feel discomfort and a kind of pulling feeling pain wise fairly low.
The aspiration biopsy you can feel everything from the opening the cervix and passing the tube through I'm not sure you can feel suction as such the best way I can describe it for me is a squeezing feeling and pressure that spreads out in to your pelvis area like I said different doctors can make the experience more or less painful. I'm not going to lie, it's bloody painful but it takes just a few minutes. Again we all experience pain differently I think I have quite a high pain threshold but it is the most painful thing I've ever had done. I hope I haven't scared you but it dose help to take some pain first.
Afterwards I normally get some bad cramping and some bleeding doesn't normally last more than a day or so.
Do you know which biopsy yore having?

Thankyou I've had so many I think I have my own chair in the waiting room 😁. so the hysteroscopy one I've had once at the start of my treatment and I had a local anastetic for that but you can still feel discomfort and a kind of pulling feeling pain wise fairly low.
The aspiration biopsy you can feel everything from the opening the cervix and passing the tube through I'm not sure you can feel suction as such the best way I can describe it for me is a squeezing feeling and pressure that spreads out in to your pelvis area like I said different doctors can make the experience more or less painful. I'm not going to lie, it's bloody painful but it takes just a few minutes. Again we all experience pain differently I think I have quite a high pain threshold but it is the most painful thing I've ever had done. I hope I haven't scared you but it dose help to take some pain first.
Afterwards I normally get some bad cramping and some bleeding doesn't normally last more than a day or so.
Do you know which biopsy yore having?
They should also give you your own parking space 😉 As far as I know it's aspiration but only because the GP said about the "straw". Long story short I have a large ovarian cyst which was causing me bleeding however I also know that I have a cervical ectropian so that's caused bleeding for as long as I can remember (so a bit difficult to distinguish the cause of the bleeding tbh). Had a phone call with a consultant primarily re. surgery for the cyst and he mentioned in passing about booking me for a biopsy. Have to say he barely asked me any questions about the bleeding and was keen to get off the call and move onto the next patient 😂 having an ultrasound before the biopsy so my bits will have seen some action that day 🙄 Thanks for your help, I think it's fair that people know what they're walking into as I wasn't told anything!

My husband says i must of seen every doctor in there by now 🤣
Bles you the things us women go through hey 🙄
I didn't know what I was walking in to the first time I went, I've been lucky I've had the same older lady doctor the last few times I've been and shes the best doctor I've seen so far she's in and out so to speak 🤭.
All the best hope everything goes ok ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1