Woman trouble questions!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi there, I went without a period for 3 month...I began bleeding and it lasted over 5 weeks, the doctor done bloods and it was nothing hormonal, diabetes or thyroid trouble. He gave me some tablets Norethisterone, I finished my months worth of course 2 days ago and I started bleeding again in this time. In between this, I rang 111 with agonising pains in lower right side of the stomach and they sent me to a&e...all my bloods was fine once again but this time I had high white blood cells. They gave me antibiotics incase it was a water infection (the pains didn’t go and I still get them now), they also said it could be a twisted cyst on my ovaries but I’d need a ultrasound scan. I cannot seem to get any appointments with my doctor and a&e said my doctor would be the one who had to refer me.

Has anyone has similar symptoms and found out what it was regardless if it was something minor or something more serious? I’m also only 23 and too young for a smear on the NHS, I got scared and asked a&e if it was cervical cancer and their reply was ‘too soon to say’ I know I may have jumped to conclusions but I was genuinely scared hence why I asked. Would a private smear be something I should look into? I’ve never had children, I’m not sexually active ect.

If you’re not sexually active, then cervical cancer is low risk, especially if you have had your HPV vaccination. However as horrible as it sounds, if the doctors use the C word it gets you into the system faster.

I’ve just spoke to my husband (A&E Consultant) and he’s said if a private smear test would help to put your mind at rest then it may be a good idea as stress will not be helping any of your symptoms. Other than that, he said you really need to bug the hell out of your GP. He said if you can’t get an actual consultation, ask for a phone consultation as a start.

Worse case scenario, if the pain gets bad call 999. It’s not ideal, but no one should have to deal with this for so long.

Reactions: 2
Thank you so much for you advice. I think I may get a private smear as my mind is running absolutely wild with the worst case scenario. The pains are extremely intense right now. I’ve taken 2 paracetamols in hope they’ll help ease them.
If you’re not sexually active, then cervical cancer is low risk, especially if you have had your HPV vaccination. However as horrible as it sounds, if the doctors use the C word it gets you into the system faster.

I’ve just spoke to my husband (A&E Consultant) and he’s said if a private smear test would help to put your mind at rest then it may be a good idea as stress will not be helping any of your symptoms. Other than that, he said you really need to bug the hell out of your GP. He said if you can’t get an actual consultation, ask for a phone consultation as a start.

Worse case scenario, if the pain gets bad call 999. It’s not ideal, but no one should have to deal with this for so long.
Thank you so much for you advice. I think I may get a private smear as my mind is running absolutely wild with the worst case scenario. The pains are extremely intense right now. I’ve taken 2 paracetamols in hope they’ll help ease them.

Reactions: 1

You’re welcome 🙂 if you ever need to talk, feel free to send me a message.

Don't spend money going private yet. Like Sunshine says it's unlikely there is any issue with it considering your circumstances, but if you feel you want one please don't pay for it out of pocket! Call the CSP for advice about getting an appt. as there may be a clinic in your area. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cervical-screening/further-help-and-support/

I'd also call your GP surgery again, explain the circumstances, and urge them to book you in with a Doc so you can be referred to see a gynecologist.

A sexual health clinic should give you a smear test. Are there any in your area?

Hi there, unfortunately a sexual health clinic won’t do a smear unless you’ve had your invite letter from public health England. To be more specific they could do your smear but it’s pointless as once your sample arrives at the lab they won’t screen it as you won’t have been recalled and you won’t t be on open Exeter, which is the database the cervical screening labs use. Only your GP can arrange a smear earlier if they think there is a clinical need. Although I’m sure I read that your not sexually active, if you have been in the past then have an STI test at a sexual health clinic. Its quick and easy to do and most infections (if you have one) are simple to treat. Or if it’s not an STI then you’ve ruled that out

Yes you need to see your GP. And you need an ultrasound scan to check all ok inside. My GP you have to queue up from 8am to get an emergency appt which if I were you I would do whatever it takes to get into see the GP. This isn’t a routine problem so as someone else said ..... bug your GP!! The scan may not be very quickly arranged either so get things moving ASAP. Hope you are ok 👍😘

My daughter is going through this now at 14. She's had numerous tests, I've had to fight for GP appointments, she has a suspected ovarian cyst and gets an ultrasound scan next week. Keep pushing your GP, keep going in with the pains. I found with my GP if I mentioned going to a walk in clinic they reluctantly gave her an appointment.

It's very unlikely that you have cancer, an ovarian cyst can actually cause the symptoms you're describing, especially if it is large. I'd keep trying the doctor's and mention that it's really beginning to worry you and basically keep pushing. I had to do this for my own ultrasound 2 years ago.

New topic posted.

Hi, sorry for this epically boring post but was after some advice or at least info from someone who might be in the know!

Two years ago I had a couple of months where I bled between periods. I had swabs which came back clear and a scan (including a dildo cam) where they said my uterus was ‘bulky’ but nothing untoward. Fast forward to now and since February I have bled between periods which have also started to be irregular - either 33 days or 24 days and everything in between - this has never been the case - they have always been on the dot.
I had all the swabs again and today been for another scan where the sonographer said everything was normal.

At the risk of googling my symptoms which will only result in predictions of my inevitable premature death I’m just wondering if bleeding between periods can ever be normal. Would it be worth me requesting bloods for hormone levels etc or should I just suck it up and invest my money in a sanitary product company?

PS - I know you’re not all doctors but this is driving me mad now and no one seems to have any ‘reason’.

Are you on any contraception?
Are you up to date with smear tests?
Not to be rude but are you up to date with STI tests etc?
Are you on any medication?

Are you on any contraception?
Are you up to date with smear tests?
Not to be rude but are you up to date with STI tests etc?
Are you on any medication?
Hi! Thank you for replying!

Smear test was done in December, all STI and other checks were done last month and all clear!

No medication and I am not on the pill!

It’s a mystery 🔍

Have you tried tacking your ovulation?
Might be worth doing it for a few months to see how your cycle is running to get a better idea of what’s going on?
I’m not in any way medically trained btw - I’m just thinking of things to try to see if it helps!!!

Have you tried tacking your ovulation?
Might be worth doing it for a few months to see how your cycle is running to get a better idea of what’s going on?
I’m not in any way medically trained btw - I’m just thinking of things to try to see if it helps!!!
I think i’ll have to buy some sticks and track it! At my GP’s if they don’t know what’s going on they sort of shoo you out with ‘if it’s still happening in a decade come back’ so i’ll To try to investigate myself! Thank you for taking the time, it’s much appreciated!

New topic posted.

Hi, sorry for this epically boring post but was after some advice or at least info from someone who might be in the know!

Two years ago I had a couple of months where I bled between periods. I had swabs which came back clear and a scan (including a dildo cam) where they said my uterus was ‘bulky’ but nothing untoward. Fast forward to now and since February I have bled between periods which have also started to be irregular - either 33 days or 24 days and everything in between - this has never been the case - they have always been on the dot.
I had all the swabs again and today been for another scan where the sonographer said everything was normal.

At the risk of googling my symptoms which will only result in predictions of my inevitable premature death I’m just wondering if bleeding between periods can ever be normal. Would it be worth me requesting bloods for hormone levels etc or should I just suck it up and invest my money in a sanitary product company?

PS - I know you’re not all doctors but this is driving me mad now and no one seems to have any ‘reason’.
Do you have any other symptoms like painful periods, vomiting, migraines etc? I think irregular periods can be a symptom of that but you usually get the other symptoms as well. Another is PCOS.

It could also be the IUD/implant maybe if you have that?

Thanks Mayday!

I’m on no contraception at all. I get migraines very rarely and my periods are not painful however I have been quite nauseous lately but I’m not sure if that’s just a product of being a bit worried. My GP said that if my scan this morning came back normal, which it has, then perhaps to go on the pill to sort it out but that doesn’t seem to get to the actual cause and merely masks symptoms!

What is your age? Are you actually bleeding, or just spotting? This all kicked off for me after 35, and all was fine over and over. When I joined a peri menopausal group I found out that's a pretty common symptom. It sounds like you're on top of getting everything medically checked so I would not worry too much if you are past your mid 30s.

What is your age? Are you actually bleeding, or just spotting? This all kicked off for me after 35, and all was fine over and over. When I joined a peri menopausal group I found out that's a pretty common symptom. It sounds like you're on top of getting everything medically checked so I would not worry too much if you are past your mid 30s.
Bleeding properly. I’m 36. Your post has made me feel quite a bit better! Fingers crossed it’s just because I’m ‘getting on’!

How long for? Have you worked out if it's anything related to ovulation? Mine seemed to be. If they will run some bloods tests when you suspect you are ovulating it may help give some answers...or not. I am not in the know. Just sharing what happened to me. It thankfully went away after YEARS. :rolleyes: