Winter sun destinations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m wanting to book a holiday for early February and I’m struggling where to go for… any advice or recommendations?

Canary Islands are a good shout (if on the green list!) I've been fuerterventura in January before and was 20 degrees minimum most days. Coming home to snow was fun 🤣

Reactions: 7
Depends on how much sun you want?
Mallorca can be nice but can also be quite grey and cold so bit of a risk. That’s pretty much applicaböe to the whole mediterranean sea. You can get very lucky or freeze!
The Canary Islands will have lots of sun with temperatures around 20 degrees. So they would be my go to option. It‘s also their peak season so there‘s lots to do and see, even if one day is a bit meh.
Dubai is also an option and a bit hotter and then there are of course the caribbean etc.

Reactions: 2
I Second the Canary Islands. I’ve been to Tenerife in February and the weather was perfect. Not mega hot but bikini weather.

If you’ve got a bigger budget the hottest countries/places that time of year are: Mexico, Caribbean islands, North Africa (Egypt, Tunisia) UAE (Dubai)

Slight cooler in February but Cyprus & Malta are beautiful islands. & maybe some of the more southern Greek islands.

Reactions: 3
I’m wanting to book a holiday for early February and I’m struggling where to go for… any advice or recommendations?
A very vague question as you have not specified anything:

Budget?
Travelling alone, with a partner or friend, with children?
City break, beach holiday, winter destination - ie, skiing?

I would recommend the Caribbean for the weather, but February is the height of the winter season. Nearer to home, if you are in the UK, I agree with the Canary Islands.

Again it depends on what your actual requirements are.

More importantly, it also depends on any Covid-19 restrictions...

Sorry yes it was a bit vague! Thanks for all your suggestions. I’m from the UK, my other half and my toddler child will be travelling. Want a beach holiday.
Yes waiting to see what the covid restrictions are before booking but just wanted to get the ball rolling so I have an idea of where we’re going and what we’re spending

thanks all x

Sorry yes it was a bit vague! Thanks for all your suggestions. I’m from the UK, my other half and my toddler child will be travelling. Want a beach holiday.
Yes waiting to see what the covid restrictions are before booking but just wanted to get the ball rolling so I have an idea of where we’re going and what we’re spending

thanks all x
Maybe not Sol Principe in Spain ;) Canaries are good that time of year.... warm but not melting hot which with a toddler would be perfect.... x

• Haha
@Blair-Waldorf Thanks for coming back with your specifications, it does really help to narrow things down.

The majority of suggestions have been the Canary Islands and this makes more sense now we know you have a toddler. Not too long a flight, [should] be fairly warm weather and many hotels cater for very young children.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Blair-Waldorf Thanks for coming back with your specifications, it does really help to narrow things down.

The majority of suggestions have been the Canary Islands and this makes more sense now we know you have a toddler. Not too long a flight, [should] be fairly warm weather and many hotels cater for very young children.
Yes I think we’re going for Fuerteventura, just waiting to get the hols confirmed in work.
Thanks for all your help everyone! ☀

@Dontmissmuch hahahaa tbf we usually go to la Cala da Mijas just up the road from torremelinos but that’s in the summer (we stay near friends who live there) and the weather isn’t good in winter

saying that I must remember to book somewhere with a 12 hour a day kids club for my much needed me time!!!!!

Thailand in January - warm days but a few shower spells but they dried up immediately when it stopped.

Gran Carnaria in December - really warm.

Stayed at lopesan villa del conde in gran canaria on a jet2 'indulgent escape' and it was brilliant. I went in November and it was very warm, 25 degrees in day, warm in evenings enough to still go out in shorts and t shirt.

Hey everyone I booked Gran Canaria ☀ got a good deal with Jet2holidays. Can’t wait! ❤
Ah how lovely! If you’ll have a rental definitely go hike up to Roque Nublo, if its a clear day you’ll be able to see Tenerife but the views are stunning either way.

If you can afford it, I would definitely suggest Thailand. We are going middle of January all being well. It is the most stunnin country. We go to Khao Lak. Beaches, Sunsets, People. All amazing.

Reactions: 1