Winter face - your tips.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s the end of November and I already look like I have been dug up. My skin has gone to tit, just patches of red around my nose and chin - I haven’t had a cold or been using lots of tissues. I am wan, but I can do some magic with some Chanel bronzing stuff or light bronzer to offset that. But it’s my eyes that are the worse, the proverbial pissholes in the snow. Sunken, and red rimmed. I am sure I never used to have veiny eyelids, but probably came with ageing.

So top tips please to look more alive in the darker months - nutrition, medicinal or cosmetic. Particularly my red rimmed eyes, the red lids.

Reactions: 1
Do you spend a lot of time outside?

The sun bothers me in the winter so I wear sunglasses if it's sunny . They recommend an spf in winter too

If my skin gets dry and rough I put the blue niven creme on it overnight.

It’s the end of November and I already look like I have been dug up. My skin has gone to tit, just patches of red around my nose and chin - I haven’t had a cold or been using lots of tissues. I am wan, but I can do some magic with some Chanel bronzing stuff or light bronzer to offset that. But it’s my eyes that are the worse, the proverbial pissholes in the snow. Sunken, and red rimmed. I am sure I never used to have veiny eyelids, but probably came with ageing.

So top tips please to look more alive in the darker months - nutrition, medicinal or cosmetic. Particularly my red rimmed eyes, the red lids.
Hydration is key - lots of water. Sleep with the window open if you can and use an air humidifier to keep the air moist - central heating drys the air out and makes your skin etc dry. Your eyes are normally full of water so if you are dehydrated you’ll notice it in your eyes.use moisturiser specifically for the eyes and use a separate moisturiser for the rest of your face - chose ones that have SPF in them.
You can get lots of eyelid primers that have a green pigment to them that counteracts the red so you could try them on your lids.

Reactions: 2
Evapolar makes a personal air conditioner that humidifies the air while it cools down the space. The only complaint I have is the small water tank.

I continue wearing SPF and sunnies all through winter which helps a ton. I don't wear any makeup on my face outside of eyes/lips as my dry skin just turns patchy in the wind, really advise going easy on the makeup this time of year. I sympathise with the eyes, if anyone has a good undereye cream to recommend i'm all ears!

Weleda skin food intense - AMAZING for the dry patches x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Really embracing winter skin this year, pale skin looks beautiful with shimmery silver highlighter on cheekbones with a quick swish over eyes, nose, chin. Been using some loose shimmer powder. Gives a watery, ethereal look 🥰
Base is thick natural skin balm from local makers with a pale pan stick dotted and blended on red areas only.