William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are people referring to Oprah as Porka? I can only assume it's a weight shaming thing and it's bang out of order imho.
I thought it was to do with her telling lies, or something. Porky Pies - Porky - Porka. I could very well be wrong, though.

Reactions: 3
Find it strange they do so little, a few self-serving commitments and her 'book' is a compilation of other people's photographs with her name slapped on it. They're trying to slap back after the interview, because they know the vast majority of the public are slowly turning against the royals
In fairness, Kate has done with “Hold Still” what Meghan did with the “Together” cookbook 🤷🏻‍♀️...writing foreword letters and slapping their names on these books. The contents of both these books actually came from other people 🤷🏻‍♀️. That didn’t stop Meghan fans thinking she was the second coming of Christ when the cookbook was released 🙄.

Anyway, this is a good project for Kate to be involved in (in whatever way) 31,000 people submitted photographs (it would have been a lot less had Kate not been attached to the project) and the finished book is going in to The National Archives which is a big deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Why are people referring to Oprah as Porka? I can only assume it's a weight shaming thing and it's bang out of order imho.
Why is it out of order? She said the sooner old white folk die off the better. That includes my parents and plenty of that age group who've done her no harm. Calling her porka is as nothing to her wishing people dead. In the grand scheme of things calling her porka is mild believe me.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Thats not how the publishing world works. The release will have been scheduled for months. Nothing to do with me-agains book.
^ Exactly this. I had a look at Kate’s Instagram post from 28th March 2021 where she opens a package to reveal the book. The caption states the book would be released on 7th May 2021 🤷🏻‍♀️. This shows it has been in the works for a some time and it wasn’t something that was cooked up overnight to rival Meghan’s children’s book.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I never got people who defended them not working saying that they'll work when their kids are older or when the queen dies etc. Do people honestly believe that years of them being lazy and a light switch goes off and they're going to hit the ground running with engagements galore?

Kate has barely worked a day in her life to follow him around allegedly and William played pretend air ambulance for a while.
Barely worked ! LOL How long would you last being under the microscope 24/7/365? plus you don't play pretend air ambulance, your go through intense and rigorous ongoing training before they let you 'play' with a multi million pound air rescue helicopter and fly REAL life saving missions often in conditions a standard chopper pilot would not even dream of going up in.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I knew the book was going to be released today for a while now? Not sure why the timing is suspicious on Kate's end.

I do agree that they've been gearing up their PR since H&M with showing off the family more, modernising their approach and going on more engagements but their anniversary video was done last Autumn. They are wearing the same outfits as their Christmas card photo and they state that the Christmas card photo was taken earlier in the year. I think the anniversary video was always in the works.
I think it was heavily choreographed to help them stay relevant and to try and generate affection. When the Queen dies who knows what's going to happen so they need to try and be relatable while still representing royalty. I doubt if 1minute of that video showed us their genuine private life, Kate and William were playing middle class happy families. Shame they weren't made to pose in a local grotty pub or a bingo hall but they wouldn't get away with that. A lot of people will believe that this whole charade is "real".

Reactions: 5
And the middle class is the new working class these days. Many aspire to to Hunter wellies/ Barbour jacket/ flowing locks / attractive kids / stomping at the local national trust as a lifestyle.

Reactions: 2
I think it was heavily choreographed to help them stay relevant and to try and generate affection. When the Queen dies who knows what's going to happen so they need to try and be relatable while still representing royalty. I doubt if 1minute of that video showed us their genuine private life, Kate and William were playing middle class happy families. Shame they weren't made to pose in a local grotty pub or a bingo hall but they wouldn't get away with that. A lot of people will believe that this whole charade is "real".
When the Queen dies, Charles will become King (health permitting) is what will happen. William and Kate's interviews are a tad coy but none the less they show a loving family at work and play and thats a good thing and they don't hide their children, they show them at play and interacting with their parents and peers.

A solid couple who will make a good King and Queen when their time comes IMO and are far far more genuine than Meghan and Harry Markle.

PS, Hunter wellies are soooo last year, Rydale or Dunlop Pro are the ones to have now ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When the Queen dies, Charles will become King (health permitting) is what will happen. William and Kate's interviews are a tad coy but none the less they show a loving family at work and play and thats a good thing and they don't hide their children, they show them at play and interacting with their parents and peers.

A solid couple who will make a good King and Queen when their time comes IMO and are far far more genuine than Meghan and Harry Markle.

PS, Hunter wellies are soooo last year, Rydale or Dunlop Pro are the ones to have now ;)
Mine are Dunlop!!!!!

Noooo Le Chameau wellies are where it’s at when your Hunters have worn out dah-link

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Noooo Le Chameau wellies are where it’s at when your Hunters have worn out dah-link
Absolutely! Hunter wellies went rapidly downhill a few years ago when they shifted production outside the UK. A friend took four pairs back in 18 months because every single one split before changing to Aigle. Most people round here go for Le Chameau now. (Hasten to add I am in a farming community, not a particularly posh area!) I daren't buy them myself, because I split wellies like no one's business and I'd cry if I did that to some that cost that much - I was pretty upset when the £80 pair disintegrated after nine months. I'm on £45 Landmasters now, which seem to last me 18 months to 2 years of daily use.

Reactions: 6
Hunters always and forever ❤

Having said that I have a green pair which I wore once to a festival around a decade ago, feeling like Kate Moss, and since then they have been resting in their box

Reactions: 2
Absolutely! Hunter wellies went rapidly downhill a few years ago when they shifted production outside the UK. A friend took four pairs back in 18 months because every single one split before changing to Aigle. Most people round here go for Le Chameau now. (Hasten to add I am in a farming community, not a particularly posh area!) I daren't buy them myself, because I split wellies like no one's business and I'd cry if I did that to some that cost that much - I was pretty upset when the £80 pair disintegrated after nine months. I'm on £45 Landmasters now, which seem to last me 18 months to 2 years of daily use.
I have a pair of Hunters that are still in good Nick but I’m not in the farming community and wear mine once in a blue moon to go out for a walk when it’s wet and muddy! Le Chameau are on the wish list though 😂

I've a pair of wellies that I bought 40 years ago in my farming village in Aberdeenshire and are still going strong! Having said that, I'd like another pair of solid wellies but I have verrryy chunky calves (to my legs, not 🐄) so don't know where to look.

• Wow
I got some Dunlop wide-calf wellies for like a tenner last year. Very comfy. But 40 years? I’m impressed!

Reactions: 3
Or those awful first world war things

Dubarrys? Bloody awful (sorry to anyone who had a pair, just my opinion)

Edit err wow that is a lot of welly talk

My point was that these are the trappings of middle class lifestyle, the things to be seen in

Please stop telling me what wellies you're wearing, l really don't care (in the NICEST possible way)

• Haha
My best wellies are Decathlon, detachable fleece liners, £17. But then my beach is a lot less demanding than the Cambridges' one, and also I am about the same height as HMQ while Catherine is um, considerably taller so can manage those longer boots - back OT there I think?!

I never knew there was such a wide variety of wellies. Everyday is a school day.

• Haha
I've a pair of wellies that I bought 40 years ago in my farming village in Aberdeenshire and are still going strong! Having said that, I'd like another pair of solid wellies but I have verrryy chunky calves (to my legs, not 🐄) so don't know where to look.
I'm the same, and bought some great boots (no-name / from a bargain store) that only go part-way up the leg ... about 40cm from the ankle up the leg. They're perfect for my chunky calves.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.