William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I disagree - There are women who have to dress smart for work in high positions and there are other royals who are of a similar age who dress a whole lot better than her and they too have to dress smart. See Queen Letizia below - looks smart and is stylish.
Isnt Queen Letizia about 10 years older than Kate, and already a Queen not daughter in law to the Heir? Also, a lot of her 'engagements' are to schools and nurseries, not formal occasions. She could easily dress in something a bit softer.

Reactions: 2
Queen Letizia comes across as an accomplished professional woman in whatever she wears or does. Kate - not so much - more like a rich housewife. Queen Letizia is a lot more frugal as well - she recycles her clothes way more often than Kate, wears Mango, Zara, Hugo Boss (which is not that expensive) and Coach bags regularly.
You forget that those are Spanish. Kate should promote British. She couldn't pull off narrow skirt 'cause she's too thin. I personally would like her to combine some clunky custom jewelry and change makeup.

Where can I watch this documentary? Can't find it online :/

The Day William and Kate Got Married

When I watched it I was blubbering away and had forgotten how beautiful Kate looked in her stunning dress.

You'll enjoy watching it Julesy.

Reactions: 2
The video they posted the other day was a bit cheesy tbh - trying to look like any other middle class family.

Reactions: 5
You’d usually find me on a Will and Kate rave thread but I’m finding them a bit much lately. First we had that cheesy anniversary video last week and now they have a YouTube channel. I don’t want to hear the words swipe up to subscribe coming out of a future kings mouth!

Reactions: 5
You’d usually find me on a Will and Kate rave thread but I’m finding them a bit much lately. First we had that cheesy anniversary video last week and now they have a YouTube channel. I don’t want to hear the words swipe up to subscribe coming out of a future kings mouth!
I imagine it will be used much like the Royal Family YouTube channel that exists already. Footage from events, talking to charities and organisations they're patronages of etc.
They did an Instagram name change as well!

Reactions: 3
I imagine it will be used much like the Royal Family YouTube channel that exists already. Footage from events, talking to charities and organisations they're patronages of etc.
Yeah I’m sure that’s what they will do but my point still stands about not wanting to hear them say swipe up to subscribe like they did on insta, it makes me cringe hearing stuff that the influencers say. Not sure why they need their own YouTube and can’t just post it to the royal family one or will they be posting every video chat they ever do on there.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I’m sure that’s what they will do but my point still stands about not wanting to hear them say swipe up to subscribe like they did on insta, it makes me cringe hearing stuff that the influencers say. Not sure why they need their own YouTube and can’t just post it to the royal family one or will they be posting every video chat they ever do on there.
Given those video chats are normally shared when they want to raise awareness for an issue for a charity, yes it’s likely they will share a fair few! But there are also lots of video calls recorded in the court circular that don’t get shared.
I think this is a way of creating a consistency across different social media platforms for them. Or at least that’s what their team of advisors has said! Similar to on IG them having a separate account to the Royal Family and Clarence House.

i totally get finding it weird for them to be youtubers. It is.

Reactions: 1
They’re definitely trying to get more down with the kids. Perhaps taking a leaf out of Harry and Meghan’s book?

It’s another example of damage limitation after the Harry and Meghan interview. Same reason they posted their kids’ Mother’s Day cards to Granny Diana.

Reactions: 7
I took the cards to granny Diana as a reminder to Harry that he wasn’t the only one who lost his mother at a young age. Something Harry seems to forget

Reactions: 13
They’re definitely trying to get more down with the kids. Perhaps taking a leaf out of Harry and Meghan’s book?
Or perhaps a strategy of modernising the monarchy and engaging with the young like everyone is telling them to?

Reactions: 14

It’s another example of damage limitation after the Harry and Meghan interview. Same reason they posted their kids’ Mother’s Day cards to Granny Diana
I cringe when I think about those cards because either it's fake for attention or they're pimping out the kids for sympathy. From that to the barbour ad video whoever is in charge of their PR should be fired

Reactions: 7
I’m unsure what else they can do. People call them lazy and want them to be seen working more - the you tube channel is a way of increasing visibility so we can see them working (I use working in a very light sense of the word). They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Reactions: 17
I’m unsure what else they can do. People call them lazy and want them to be seen working more - the you tube channel is a way of increasing visibility so we can see them working (I use working in a very light sense of the word). They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
Maybe actually work more might be a good idea? They're royalty they don't need to do tacky videos or pimp there kids out for attention.

Reactions: 10
I found some of the behind the scenes stuff and videos of the staff setting up the flowers, or the dining room - unpacking the giant table for a state dinner - really interesting. The swipe up and subscribe stuff, not so much, it’s not like the need ad revenue.

If I was Catherine I’d have been fuming to have been given that cursed 80s monstrosity of a ring! I’d have made sure I got my own ring and a nice one at that.
I’ve always through this. She literally had no choice - and it’s because Harry gave it back to William she had to wear it. It’s coming back into style with more coloured gems, but 10 years ago it was completely out of style.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.