William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope Charles get hold of he Throne and only the core Royals are left. Its too much to be having as big a Royal Family as we have now. Only George and his family should be supported. Charlotte and Louis need to be doing something constructive with their lives. The issue is whether anyone will be interested in them by the time the younger Royals get their go. They are an incredibly outdated and anachronistic institution as it is. They need to show people who are their age and younger, who will be expected to pay for them, their children and their children's children (while they are paying for the Coronovirus crisis and not being able to afford their own homes) that there is a point to them. Appealing to 70 year olds when you are 40 isn't going to cut it.
I take your point that Kate is arguably middle aged at 39 now, but 39 year olds in normal life do not look middle aged. Many aren't married or settled down. Even at 59, most women do not dress like their grans!
But many 39 year olds in normal life don’t go to the type of engagements or events that she goes to?! Her non working clothes are much “trendier”. She has to look tailored and smart, regal and royal?

Reactions: 10
But many 39 year olds in normal life don’t go to the type of engagements or events that she goes to?! Her non working clothes are much “trendier”. She has to look tailored and smart, regal and royal?
I agree with this. Us ordinary Joes get dressed up for weddings in smart dresses, coat dresses, hats etc. She needs to look this smart for functions. What other style could she wear? I think she looks lovely.

Personally I think Kates' ring is ugly and too big for her hand. She would suit something more like the style Meghan has. I think the nicest one I've seen recently is Eugenie.

Reactions: 10
If I was Catherine I’d have been fuming to have been given that cursed 80s monstrosity of a ring! I’d have made sure I got my own ring and a nice one at that.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I personally feel that Diana's ring will always be Diana's ring. Much as I loved it when I was a little girl, loved seeing it on Diana as a teen, I would be horrified to be given it as my engagement ring.
I feel it would come with such a weight attached to it, a symbol of a fairytale that was more of a grimms fairytale and was worn by a young woman who was ultimately cheated and used.
Its a stunning ring however I would prefer a diamond engagement ring if I was kate and would feel odd having Diana's ring as my engagement ring.
It would have been fabulous as a right hand ring or remodelled into a tiara setting. It could still play its part without being something as intimate as an engagement ring.
Its almost as though William decided he would recycle Diana's rather than spend the time and money on something just for Kate.

I do appreciate the sentiment of passing on your late mothers engagement ring but only if there was a happy marriage attached to it.

I'm sure Kate was terrified of anything happening to it.
She does really suit sapphire jewellery and wears sapphires a fair bit so maybe she does love having it.
I must admit that when they got engaged, I was imagining how Carol and Kate etc felt at having a try on of one of the most famous engagement rings in the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What is the title of the documentary???
The Day William and Kate Got Married

When I watched it I was blubbering away and had forgotten how beautiful Kate looked in her stunning dress.

You'll enjoy watching it Julesy.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I personally feel that Diana's ring will always be Diana's ring. Much as I loved it when I was a little girl, loved seeing it on Diana as a teen, I would be horrified to be given it as my engagement ring.
I feel it would come with such a weight attached to it, a symbol of a fairytale that was more of a grimms fairytale and was worn by a young woman who was ultimately cheated and used.
Its a stunning ring however I would prefer a diamond engagement ring if I was kate and would feel odd having Diana's ring as my engagement ring.
It would have been fabulous as a right hand ring or remodelled into a tiara setting. It could still play its part without being something as intimate as an engagement ring.
Its almost as though William decided he would recycle Diana's rather than spend the time and money on something just for Kate.

I do appreciate the sentiment of passing on your late mothers engagement ring but only if there was a happy marriage attached to it.

I'm sure Kate was terrified of anything happening to it.
She does really suit sapphire jewellery and wears sapphires a fair bit so maybe she does love having it.
I must admit that when they got engaged, I was imagining how Carol and Kate etc felt at having a try on of one of the most famous engagement rings in the world.
I love the aquamarine ring that Meghan got and wore at the evening reception. That was the ring that Diana bought herself after the divorce and often wore in place of the sapphire. Much better karma.

Reactions: 13
I agree l thought it was a strange thing to do. I wouldn't want it because of the association of a loveless marriage that came with it. I suppose engagement rings aren't really passed down these days as people live so much longer. I think it's a nice concept.

Reactions: 8
personally feel that Diana's ring will always be Diana's ring. Much as I loved it when I was a little girl, loved seeing it on Diana as a teen, I would be horrified to be given it as my engagement ring.
Agree. Everyone knows who's ring that was, and what happened the first time it was given to a Royal bride.

Reactions: 5
I don't like William at all. I think he's selfish, two faced and sly and would stab you in the back as soon as look at you.
Ever since Harry married Meghan, people seem to think that the sun shines out of William's arse and that he's this 'amazing' man with a 'perfect' family, and that he can do no wrong.

I think Harry's a bit messed up and confused and Meghan snared him when he was vulnerable, but I don't think he's a bad person. Personality wise, I think he's much nicer than William.
None of us know either brother so we can only go by what we see portrayed in the media.
Yet it was the “nicer” brother who was the one who dragged the Royal Family’s reputation through the mud whilst one of his elderly grandparents was ill in hospital... :unsure: That alone tells me just how “nice” Harry is.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I disagree - There are women who have to dress smart for work in high positions and there are other royals who are of a similar age who dress a whole lot better than her and they too have to dress smart. See Queen Letizia below - looks smart and is stylish.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I disagree - There are women who have to dress smart for work in high positions and there are other royals who are of a similar age who dress a whole lot better than her and they too have to dress smart. See Queen Letizia below - looks smart and is stylish.
Have to say she is my favourite “royal” lol

She always looks so effortlessly stylish and classy

Reactions: 6
I like the middle two outfits but I don’t think she’s any more stylish than Kate?! It’s all personal taste I guess?

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Queen Letizia comes across as an accomplished professional woman in whatever she wears or does. Kate - not so much - more like a rich housewife. Queen Letizia is a lot more frugal as well - she recycles her clothes way more often than Kate, wears Mango, Zara, Hugo Boss (which is not that expensive) and Coach bags regularly.

Reactions: 6
I think kate gets it right sometimes but she has worn some shockingly bad outfits over the years, whereas Queen Latizia is always spot on
I don’t like the first blue dress and I wasn’t a huge fan of that ball dress but I love the green dress and like that coat dress too?

Personally I’m not a fan of these outfits of Queen Letizia so I don’t think she is always spot on?

Again it’s just down to taste and you and I have different opinions on what we like which is fine

Attachments

Reactions: 3
I think kate gets it right sometimes but she has worn some shockingly bad outfits over the years, whereas Queen Latizia is always spot on
I always loved the second green dress🤷‍♀️

I think Kate struggled to navigate early motherhood style and some pregnancy, but overall I think she is stylish, well put together and wears clothes that suit a woman approaching 40 with 3 children, and that are suitable in cold England.

Reactions: 7
Definitely down to personal taste between the two, just my opinion that Kate doesn't really have her own style and wears what's picked for her.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.