William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would be well pissed off if my husband to be didnt even have to give me that engagement ring but took it from his brother to give it to me. It has horrible symbolism and was an emblem of one of the worst Royal Marriages in modern history! I heard the story about it being Harry's but not that he took it without asking. How awful.

Reactions: 4
I am surprised... I thought Kate was welcomed in to the en famille.. It sounds as if she wasn't deemed suitable. Why all the cloak and dagger if everyone was happy with the match... Its like he felt that people would talk him out of it or there was too much interference. For William to do that, to take Harrys ring without asking shows how selfish and calculating he is. I was thinking what an absolute bleep...

One thing I can say, I do believe it is possible that this could have happened. Yes, but this could have been arranged under another guise...
I cannot see William doing this, he is too correct for that.

I would be well pissed off if my husband to be didnt even have to give me that engagement ring but took it from his brother to give it to me. It has horrible symbolism and was an emblem of one of the worst Royal Marriages in modern history! I heard the story about it being Harry's but not that he took it without asking. How awful.
We don't know if that is true. If the ring was formally registered as Harry's property I doubt that William could have just taken it.

Reactions: 10
I don't believe that TQ only learned about the engagement on the day of the press conference. Didn't the press conference take place in Buckingham Palace? There would have been some planning, the camera crew etc would have needed passes, etc. And William most likely didn't invite the press himself, the staff would have done so and they would have discussed this.
Will's always had his own staff since adulthood and I remember very well that press corps were crapping their knickers being called into BP at the time, last minute (!!), no brief on what it was about. I never forgot that and that was a bit of an indicator that the rumour of the Windsors being basically blind sided was true.

All it needed was Will's staff to call the press corps (royal rota) and BP to be notified to let them in.

Also the Windsors were told before the press, about 2 hours before the conference and the press corps were called in last minute and had to drop everything the moment they were told to get to BP, that was well documented by the journos at the time.

They have now confirmed the rumour and all this themselves through the docu special, which their hired wedding staff (baker, embroiderer, security etc), friends and family (Uncle Fester Gary G) took part in, so you can bet it had final approval via KP.

Will being "too correct", please... The stories are he's anything but. He's often went his own way and is said to be a bad character (acc to insiders, journos, and the public tiffs between him and Charles (and Harry)).
The ring would've been in the vault with the other stuff the brothers had at the time jointly access to, they lived together (at Clarence H at the time and then W&K&H lived together for a while at CH with C&C) and shared most things, if not all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Will's always had his own staff since adulthood and I remember very well that press corps were crapping their knickers being called into BP at the time, last minute (!!), no brief on what it was about. I never forgot that and that was a bit of an indicator that the rumour of the Windsors being basically blind sided was true.

All it needed was Will's staff to call the press corps (royal rota) and BP to be notified to let them in.

Also the Windsors were told before the press, about 2 hours before the conference and the press corps were called in last minute and had to drop everything the moment they were told to get to BP, that was well documented by the journos at the time.

They have now confirmed the rumour and all this themselves through the docu special, which their hired wedding staff (baker, embroiderer, security etc), friends and family (Uncle Fester Gary G) took part in, so you can bet it had final approval via KP.

Will being "too correct", please... The stories are he's anything but. He's often went his own way and is said to be a bad character.
The ring would've been in the vault with the other stuff the brothers had at the time jointly access to, they lived together (at Clarence H at the time and then W&K&H lived together for a while at CH with C&C) and shared most things, if not all.
But if BP was notified to let the press in they would have asked what the conference was for, surely? And even if William had his own staff back then I would imagine they would not have operated in isolation from the BP staff.

Why would they talk about this in the documentary? Do they want people to know this? If so, why?

It might well be that William is of bad character but I don't believe this story. This would have seriously harmed the relationship with his father and TQ and seems bizarre to me - if he would not have been allowed to marry her they would have made him to end the relationship permanently years before they got engaged.

If both brothers had access to the ring and "shared" it then it wasn't Harry's, but jointly their's. But again I don't believe that William would have just taken the ring without speaking to Harry and Charles at least.

Reactions: 11

Will being "too correct", please... The stories are he's anything but. He's often went his own way and is said to be a bad character (acc to insiders, journos, and the public tiffs between him and Charles (and Harry)).
There’s no way that Wills could arrange a press conference at Buckingham Palace without the Queen or her staff knowing what it was about!

As for the ring, no one knows who the ring was left to, we’re all speculating! My opinion is it could have been left to the next in line to the throne or the first of the brothers to get married? I bet Meghan is pretty happy with the gold Cartier anyway!!

But if BP was notified to let the press in they would have asked what the conference was for, surely? And even if William had his own staff back then I would imagine they would not have operated in isolation from the BP staff.

Why would they talk about this in the documentary? Do they want people to know this? If so, why?

It might well be that William is of bad character but I don't believe this story. This would have seriously harmed the relationship with his father and TQ and seems bizarre to me - if he would not have been allowed to marry her they would have made him to end the relationship permanently years before they got engaged.

If both brothers had access to the ring and "shared" it then it wasn't Harry's, but jointly their's. But again I don't believe that William would have just taken the ring without speaking to Harry and Charles at least.
You don't have to believe it, it's been confirmed by them and Tatler wrote about it as well.

And yes, BP, KP and CH work in isolation very often and sometimes work like 3 separate courts instead of one central court under BP or StJ, which has caused a number of issues over the years and efforts to bring them together (this was publicly commented upon as recently as just before Meg came onto the scene).

BP isn't some super power with Liz knowing every move within its walls. There's loads of staff there etc.

I don't know why they'd talk about it in the docu, fact is they did and fact is it's been made with the cooperation of KP and fact is that tidbits like these always tell you the real story instead of the glossily spun PR fakery they put out.

It's well known who the ring was left to, as people were present. When the story is "H gave the ring for K" it's all sweet and thank God it's not on M's finger, but when W's selfishness comes to light it can't possibly be true.
The ring wasn't left to the next in line or to the throne or whatever, Diana specifically wrote that all her possession are to be left to W&H, the jewellery for their wives to be worn and chattels to her godchildren (this bit was ignored and her godchildren received trinkets after fights in court). Nothing was left "to the crown" or someone specific in the line.

Also the Winds were notified a couple of hours before the press, so yeah plenty of time for Liz and Chuck to give the palace key "to let the press in".

Can't believe that a straight confirmation from the horse's mouth won't be taken as "real", because "Will's too respectful and good" 😂 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 5
You don't have to believe it, it's been confirmed by them and Tatler wrote about it as well.

And yes, BP, KP and CH work in isolation very often and sometimes work like 3 separate courts instead of one central court under BP or StJ, which has caused a number of issues over the years and efforts to bring them together (this was publicly commented upon as recently as just before Meg came onto the scene).

BP isn't some super power with Liz knowing every move within its walls. There's loads of staff there etc.

I don't know why they'd talk about it in the docu, fact is they did and fact is it's been made with the cooperation of KP and fact is that tidbits like these always tell you the real story instead of the glossily spun PR fakery they put out.

It's well known who the ring was left to, as people were present. When the story is "H gave the ring for K" it's all sweet and thank God it's not on M's finger, but when W's selfishness comes to light it can't possibly be true.
The ring wasn't left to the next in line or to the throne or whatever, Diana specifically wrote that all her possession are to be left to W&H, the jewellery for their wives to be worn and chattels to her godchildren (this bit was ignored and her godchildren received trinkets after fights in court). Nothing was left "to the crown" or someone specific in the line.

Also the Winds were notified a couple of hours before the press, so yeah plenty of time for Liz and Chuck to give the palace key "to let the press in".

Can't believe that a straight confirmation from the horse's mouth won't be taken as "real", because "Will's too respectful and good" 😂 🤦‍♀️
What's your source for all of this information?

Reactions: 5
I don't like William at all. I think he's selfish, two faced and sly and would stab you in the back as soon as look at you.
Ever since Harry married Meghan, people seem to think that the sun shines out of William's arse and that he's this 'amazing' man with a 'perfect' family, and that he can do no wrong.

I think Harry's a bit messed up and confused and Meghan snared him when he was vulnerable, but I don't think he's a bad person. Personality wise, I think he's much nicer than William.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What's your source for all of this information?
So called royal watching over the course of some 10 years. I have a long memory. I remember the press stories and now a docu with KP cooperation. Don't know how much better a source can get than that.

Do I need to post credentials now to a gossip site to make my posts "legit"? Is there a verification blue tick to be had?

I don't like William at all. I think he's selfish, two faced and sly and would stab you in the back as soon as look at you.
Ever since Harry married Meghan, people seem to think that the sun shines out of William's arse and that he's this 'amazing' man with a 'perfect' family, and that he can do no wrong.

I think Harry's a bit messed up and confused and Meghan snared him when he was vulnerable, but I don't think he's a bad person. Personality wise, I think he's much nicer than William.
Quite fekken frankly the love the Cambs get since 2018 is befuddling. Can do no wrong.
Even a publicity stunt involving a dead woman is now "kindness". At first I thought "publicity stunt, but I won't be too harsh".
In the meantime it's been clear it was 100% a publicity stunt, 1st K appears even though police banned it, then turns out a journo is waiting for her to appear, then the met chief comes out and says the met knew she was coming withing the capacity of her "duties"(!!) and protected her, K leaves and the met beats the women up who are there. Then KP had a statement ready as soon as the footage of K's visit was released (which was tip off enough that it was a stunt) and then KP leaks that K wrote a letter to the family, but "it's private so ask no further".

I totally agree with you, and your character assessment is the type that I've heard about for ages now. That was what was said about them even when they were teens.

Here's the Tatler article, but it's likely wrong as the Cambs can't put a toe wrong, much less a foot

Honestly didn't think that writing what was said in a docu with KP approval would get so much push back and be treated as false or hearsay. Goodness me.

• Heart
Whatever happened ( and I highly doubt any of the claims above) aren't we pleased that Kate has Diana's ring rather than Meghan?

Reactions: 8
So called royal watching over the course of some 10 years. I have a long memory. I remember the press stories and now a docu with KP cooperation. Don't know how much better a source can get than that.

Do I need to post credentials now to a gossip site to make my posts "legit"? Is there a verification blue tick to be had?

Quite fekken frankly the love the Cambs get since 2018 is befuddling. Can do no wrong.
Even a publicity stunt involving a dead woman is now "kindness". At first I thought "publicity stunt, but I won't be too harsh".
In the meantime it's been clear it was 100% a publicity stunt, 1st K appears even though police banned it, then turns out a journo is waiting for her to appear, then the met chief comes out and says the met knew she was coming withing the capacity of her "duties"(!!) and protected her, K leaves and the met beats the women up who are there. Then KP had a statement ready as soon as the footage of K's visit was released (which was tip off enough that it was a stunt) and then KP leaks that K wrote a letter to the family, but "it's private so ask no further".

I totally agree with you, and your character assessment is the type that I've heard about for ages now. That was what was said about them even when they were teens.

Here's the Tatler article, but it's likely wrong as the Cambs can't put a toe wrong, much less a foot

Honestly didn't think that writing what was said in a docu with KP approval would get so much push back and be treated as false or hearsay. Goodness me.
Thanks for the link - Wow, it really says that the Windsors only found out "that morning" (I assume it is meant the morning of the announcement, not of the day when W was "popping the question").
I still find this hard to believe - it is just too major.

I didn't know a documentary aired last night, I haven't seen it. I understood it is about to air.

Reactions: 2
Not sure I’m comfortable with all this “skinny shaming” talk, would you all make the same comments if you deemed Kate to be overweight?!
It’s not kind and that comes from personal experience of being “too thin” at various parts of my life through no fault of my own.

As an aside, occasionally Kate wears slightly frumpy clothes but I personally love her coat dresses and hats and I’m the same age as her. She’s the future Queen Consort and dresses appropriately.
Yes but her Queen Consort role may not kick in for another 20 years by which time she will actually be middle aged! Both of them need younger people to relate to them. Most of the young people I know barely show a passing interest in them unless there is a scandal going on.

I get that impression as well. William comes across as lazy and spoilt. Harry did much more in his time as a Royal, looks like he has passion and commitment to his causes, whereas William always struck me as just doing what he has to. He is Establishment through and through as well. I think we will need Charles to drag the Monarchy kicking and screaming into even the start of the 21st century, because Wills wont do it.

Reactions: 7
Yes but her Queen Consort role may not kick in for another 20 years by which time she will actually be middle aged! Both of them need younger people to relate to them. Most of the young people I know barely show a passing interest in them unless there is a scandal going on.
I would say she is already "middle-aged", but I guess this term can be interpreted differently.

Don't forget that in 20 years George will be almost thirty and Charlotte and Lois will be adults, too - so there will be another generation of Royals.

Reactions: 3
Thanks for the link - Wow, it really says that the Windsors only found out "that morning" (I assume it is meant the morning of the announcement, not of the day when W was "popping the question").
I still find this hard to believe - it is just too major.

I didn't know a documentary aired last night, I haven't seen it. I understood it is about to air.
You're welcome and trust me when I say I wrote that off back then as a bs rumour. Liz needs to approve, which is a set law. How can that be true?

Over time I forgot a bit about that rumour and it isn't overly relevant, esp if no one talks about it. Yeah, it is actually a huge deal and I'd love for royal reporters to pick up on it and write about it, because it's mindboggling. But because no one picked up on the story and by now they have 3 kids, so it seems minor, that's what time does I guess.

But now here it is, out in the open.
Many of the Kate critics believed at the time that an engagement would never happen and that Liz would never approve, so when that rumour came around it seemed false, yet, esp now that it's confirmed, it raises questions. Maybe the critics back then were onto something.

W&K also had a deal, they were on/off for years, the biggest was 2007 and it is said that when they got back together (again) then, they agreed to marry at age 30. Will had publicly said years before that he won't marry before 30.

I started off as a bit of a Camb sugar and didn't believe much of the criticism or negative stuff written about the Cambs, but a lot has turnt out to be true.

On the ring, I'll only say, it has been well documented and established that W&H each chose one personal "memento" and Will chose the watch because Di taught him to read the time with it, so it had personal meaning and a personal memory, and H chose the ring. This has been extensively written about, even in "reputable" papers.
The spin put out was then that W asked H for the ring and some spin even said H offered it.
The longstanding rumour, however, is that W took it out of the vault without asking anyone first.

So the only bit of the story that needs either a confirmation or denial is the bit of Will going behind H's back, the rest is at this point established as truth and treated as such by M haters who love saying "thank God it's not on M's finger".

Reactions: 7
I would say she is already "middle-aged", but I guess this term can be interpreted differently.

Don't forget that in 20 years George will be almost thirty and Charlotte and Lois will be adults, too - so there will be another generation of Royals.
I hope Charles get hold of he Throne and only the core Royals are left. Its too much to be having as big a Royal Family as we have now. Only George and his family should be supported. Charlotte and Louis need to be doing something constructive with their lives. The issue is whether anyone will be interested in them by the time the younger Royals get their go. They are an incredibly outdated and anachronistic institution as it is. They need to show people who are their age and younger, who will be expected to pay for them, their children and their children's children (while they are paying for the Coronovirus crisis and not being able to afford their own homes) that there is a point to them. Appealing to 70 year olds when you are 40 isn't going to cut it.
I take your point that Kate is arguably middle aged at 39 now, but 39 year olds in normal life do not look middle aged. Many aren't married or settled down. Even at 59, most women do not dress like their grans!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
BP blind sided by William proposing to the girl hanging around him for a decade and nicknamed waity katy...........please don’t think me rude but seems a little unlikely.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

I mean anyone can write anything on here so forgive me for wanting to see an outside source. The article is too vague for me to see their engagement as a malicious conspiracy too 🤷🏽‍♀️ maybe they had an inkling of it happening which is why they were told last minute or maybe it was a nasty shock but it's too open-ended to be so definitive. Also no source on William stealing Diana's ring from Harry.

Reactions: 8

William has said before that it was Harry who chose the ring and he the Cartier watch. It was presented as an agreed swap. He also said that he lugged the ring around Africa, terrified of losing it before finally presenting Kate with it.

Frankly, I think Meghan got the better deal.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.