William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to laugh at the idea that Kate, a woman who lives in a Palace, no money worries servants to cater to her every whim and protection from the press for the most part is stressed. PP was 99 when he died and wasn't in the best health so it's safe to say that while it was sad it wasn't unexpected and her and PW have never been so loved in the press compared to other members of the royals.

Also after 10 years she's still bad at public speaking you'd think she'd get help with it, she has the resources and time to do it. I regularly have to give public speeches at work and I agress that the more you do it the better you get at it.

Reactions: 11
I have the impression that she doesn't love William anymore.

It is just a gut feeling. She doesn't look as happy to me as she did during the Olympics or some of their earlier tours.
Maybe I am biased because of the Rose Hanbury story, but I have the impression she doesn't look at William like she used to and is more distant in her interaction with him (the Mary Berry Christmas special, the Bingo Zoom, the train journey they took to Scotland, etc).

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can see it’s getting a bit ‘sugary’ here so I’m calling an interval to pay respects to Prince William’s right bicep as he receives his first COVID vax. I mean, WOWZERS! 😳 💪🏼 🤩 🏋🏼 🔥
I remember Charles was the same..it must be from playing Polo!

Reactions: 2
I have the impression that she doesn't love William anymore.

It is just a gut feeling. She doesn't look as happy to me as she did during the Olympics or some of their earlier tours.
Maybe I am biased because of the Rose Hanbury story, but I have the impression she doesn't look at William like she used to and is more distant in her interaction with him (the Mary Berry Christmas special, the Bingo Zoom, the train journey they took to Scotland, etc).
They’ve been married for ten years and a couple for twenty. The same amount of time as me and my OH, who I love madly still but would gladly lock in the chest freezer for an hour’s peace from the banging on about the state of our lawn after the dog’s done a woopsie on it. You don’t get to be a couple for 20-years and still simper unless you’re putting on a big show for other people. Like all of us I bet they’ve had a right old ding dong on the way to events and had to put on a brave face until they get home and sort things out in private. Can’t get any more ‘normal’ than that.

Reactions: 20
They’ve been married for ten years and a couple for twenty. The same amount of time as me and my OH, who I love madly still but would gladly lock in the chest freezer for an hour’s peace from the banging on about the state of our lawn after the dog’s done a woopsie on it. You don’t get to be a couple for 20-years and still simper unless you’re putting on a big show for other people. Like all of us I bet they’ve had a right old ding dong on the way to events and had to put on a brave face until they get home and sort things out in private. Can’t get any more ‘normal’ than that.
Maybe. It is just an impression that I have that she cooled off significantly.

I also think William looks very fit.

Reactions: 1
her and PW have never been so loved in the press compared to other members of the royals.
Probably the stress of wondering when the press are going to turn their attention back on her. Re stress, I suppose stress is relative. So they a life of luxury, barely having to do anything unless they want to, do some zooms and get helicoptered into a few visits every month or so, and get told how 'hard working' and amazing they are. Any small amount of disharmony is going to be stressful. If you have everything materially that you could possibly want and never ever have to worry about how you are going to pay for it all, you will find something to be stressed or unhappy about. You can see it with Prince Harry. He looks bewildered that a life of self sufficiency is not all that its cracked up to be because he has to actually pay for stuff.

Reactions: 9
I worked with a girl who was thin like Kate. She absolutely HATED people saying to her 'omg, you're so thin', 'are you ok', 'you should eat more'. She ate loads. She was just naturally thin even after having children. But like she said, nobody went up to the fat girls in the office and said 'omg, you're so fat'.

I think William and Kate are as happy as ever. I never see any unhappiness in her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This this this this this!!!!! I’ve said it before on this thread and I’ll say it again....stop picking on her weight!!! You wouldn’t do it if she was overweight so don’t do it because she’s underweight....there are so many different reasons why this could be and it’s not nice to speculate about someone’s weight like that! I’ve been accused of eating disorders in the past or told to eat a burger! It’s unbelievably upsetting and no one would have said the opposite if I was fat!!
Yes, I also have a relative who is thin like Kate and even when she was pregnant the Midwives harrassed her about her weight but all her kids were a good weight. She also eats loads. I know some people on here say Kate didn't used to be this thin but everyone has a bit of puppy fat that she probably had in her face at Uni but as long as she's been in the public eye she has always been slim as is her sister and her mother. She's also really sporty. You can see from he muscles in her legs that she works out and she's tall too. If she was fat and the thread was people moaning about how fat she had become, everyone would defend her!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I do agree to an extent but there is a difference between commenting on someone's body for gossip and being concerned about their weigjt for health reasons.

Nikki Graeme was anorexic but no one is saying stop saying how thin she was. Kate is much slimmer since she got married so it's reasonable to assume there is a reason for that. She isn't naturally that slim or she would have always been like it - she hasn't.

Reactions: 10
I worked with a girl who was thin like Kate. She absolutely HATED people saying to her 'omg, you're so thin', 'are you ok', 'you should eat more'. She ate loads. She was just naturally thin even after having children. But like she said, nobody went up to the fat girls in the office and said 'omg, you're so fat'.

I think William and Kate are as happy as ever. I never see any unhappiness in her.
Yes, I also know some really thin women that are just like that. They have always been like that.
But I find it noticeable that Kate had a different figure before she got married - she was still very slim, but not as thin.

I don't seen any unhappiness either, but to be honest also don't see much happiness anymore. Even the anniversary pictures and video seemed less naturally happy and cheerful as some earlier videos/photos from when they were just married.

But I guess impressions are subjective.

I do agree to an extent but there is a difference between commenting on someone's body for gossip and being concerned about their weigjt for health reasons.

Nikki Graeme was anorexic but no one is saying stop saying how thin she was. Kate is much slimmer since she got married so it's reasonable to assume there is a reason for that. She isn't naturally that slim or she would have always been like it - she hasn't.
How on earth can you say she isn't naturally slim?! She has always been thin. Even in the photo at Uni of her in the see through dress she's thin. At no point would you ever have described her as slightly overweight or a big girl.

You can be thin and healthy same way you can be fat and fit! Some people just can't gain weight especially the two skinny people I know and they are both healthy.

Yes, I also know some really thin women that are just like that. They have always been like that.
But I find it noticeable that Kate had a different figure before she got married - she was still very slim, but not as thin.

I don't seen any unhappiness either, but to be honest also don't see much happiness anymore. Even the anniversary pictures and video seemed less naturally happy and cheerful as some earlier videos/photos from when they were just married.

But I guess impressions are subjective.
You see things completely different to how I see them then! There's a youtube channel called the Royal Family that always films them on visits and only the other day on their visits they were laughing and joking with one another. But don't forget they've been together a long time now. I rarely hold hands with my husband anymore like we did when we were first together or before we had kids! Kids always take up a lot of a couples time but they still look as happy to me and I never see her looking unhappy. I also think her public speaking has improved as she's toned down the 'ultra posh voice' and she does sound better.

I would say she's running around after 3 active kids but will probably get shot down with she has a nanny and servants but she's also a 'commoner' and so probably wants to mother her kids as she was and so I see them as hands on parents.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
How on earth can you say she isn't naturally slim?! She has always been thin. Even in the photo at Uni of her in the see through dress she's thin. At no point would you ever have described her as slightly overweight or a big girl.

You can be thin and healthy same way you can be fat and fit! Some people just can't gain weight especially the two skinny people I know and they are both healthy.

You see things completely different to how I see them then! There's a youtube channel called the Royal Family that always films them on visits and only the other day on their visits they were laughing and joking with one another. But don't forget they've been together a long time now. I rarely hold hands with my husband anymore like we did when we were first together or before we had kids! Kids always take up a lot of a couples time but they still look as happy to me and I never see her looking unhappy. I also think her public speaking has improved as she's toned down the 'ultra posh voice' and she does sound better.

I would say she's running around after 3 active kids but will probably get shot down with she has a nanny and servants but she's also a 'commoner' and so probably wants to mother her kids as she was and so I see them as hands on parents.
I also know the photo in the see through dress and would say that she is thinner now.
I did say that she was always slim, but not as thin as she is now.

Yes, it seems that we interpret / see things differently.

I haven't looked at the youtube channel and also don't think about whether she has nannies or how many, or why things might be a certain way, I just shared my observations.

I don't know any of the Royals so this is all just speculation

New thread, and please don't try to police what people can post. Report, ignore or keep scrolling thanks!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.