Wife Swap

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the American version right now and got me wondering:

a) what would your wife ‘character bio’ be?

b) what opposite kind of family would you hate to go live with?

ie:
I’d be an animal-loving, vegan, animal rights activist and I’d hate to end up with a hunting family.

Reactions: 1
I've been sat here for a good five minutes trying to describe myself and it's so hard! I feel like there's nothing interesting about me that would create a good bio :ROFLMAO: I'm a very tidy, organised person and busy with work and uni. I also like to be in control. So I guess I'd hate to go to a lazy family where everything is messy and nobody keeps things in order?

Reactions: 2
I don't have children and I am not married so am an unlikely candidate :LOL: but I saw an episode yesterday of the Australian one on youtube where a woman with 2 children swapped with a family who had 11... that would be my idea of hell

• Wow
I stumbled down a TikTok rabbit hole and have been watching old Wife Swap UK clips.

What an ICONIC show!! 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
We had a wife swap show in Germany too and by god was it absurd... there's two that were super memorable for me personally - one where a goth and a super catholic wife swapped, and one where a kinda culty christian one with 6 kids swapped with a middle class family with 2 kids.

The second one was so sad because there was massive aggression issues in the culty houshold - holes in doors, the dad being a massive abusive prick and chauvinist and his wife didn't care for her kids at all, taking part in the verbal and mental abuse.

Crazy how 2000s TV showed such things but nothing was done. Nobody helped those kids, expect the swap wife - she really tried to get through to culty mum on how horrible they were treating their kids, but to no avail.

Edit: OmFG they're still producing that show 😂

We had a wife swap show in Germany too and by god was it absurd... there's two that were super memorable for me personally - one where a goth and a super catholic wife swapped, and one where a kinda culty christian one with 6 kids swapped with a middle class family with 2 kids.

The second one was so sad because there was massive aggression issues in the culty houshold - holes in doors, the dad being a massive abusive prick and chauvinist and his wife didn't care for her kids at all, taking part in the verbal and mental abuse.

Crazy how 2000s TV showed such things but nothing was done. Nobody helped those kids, expect the swap wife - she really tried to get through to culty mum on how horrible they were treating their kids, but to no avail.

It's actually a great show - a fascinating social experiment!

Yeh so true, we had similar episodes in the UK. Children who were "hom3 schooled" doing literally nothing, I saw various ones in which social services should really have been involved

Yeh so true, we had similar episodes in the UK. Children who were "hom3 schooled" doing literally nothing, I saw various ones in which social services should really have been involved
Agreed - the episodes I was watching yesterday were from maybe 2003-04 and the houses were FILTHY, no home cooked meals, parents smoking inside etc

At what stage does this become...neglect?!

The celebrity wife swap was very interesting too, Vanessa Feltz and Paul Daniels couldn't stand each other.:D
Made for great viewing.