Wi-Fi stops when I use the treadmill

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does my wifi stop when I use the treadmill? It just stops working and I follow a peloton class for running. Any advice please? 🙏

Definitely stop running. 🤣
Clearly it’s bad for your WiFi and considering WiFi is a gift from the actual God’s stop making it angry.
Sit your ass down and you’ll be fine 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My WiFi stops when I use the powerplate machine (£30 eBay buy... I didn't waste much) some kind of interference I guess 🤷 it starts working again once it's off though

Reactions: 1
My WiFi stops when I use the powerplate machine (£30 eBay buy... I didn't waste much) some kind of interference I guess 🤷 it starts working again once it's off though
I mean, I’ve given good advice 😐
I’m not saying exercise is bad for your health but what’s more important,
your health or you WiFi.
Sometimes you have to sacrifice one for the other.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I hear what you're saying, however, I've signed up for the "one peloton" fitness app where you follow instructors classes and I obvs need my Wi-Fi to watch it. I have a gym in a back room at home. It's only small. I can safely use the app for the other exercises but once I switch on that damn treadmill it stops my Wi-Fi connection. Arghhhhhh!! I can't afford their bikes yet, but I'm planning on getting one.

I'd try moving the router to a different socket, I think it's something to do with the power.

20 Burpees feels like as much as a 10 min jog and won't affect the WiFi 😁

Reactions: 1
It’ll be because the treadmill is causing a power surge each time you step down on it and pushes more current back through the cable which will interfere with your WiFi.

Have you tried moving your WiFi bands from 2.5ghz to 5ghz?

It’ll be because the treadmill is causing a power surge each time you step down on it and pushes more current back through the cable which will interfere with your WiFi.

Have you tried moving your WiFi bands from 2.5ghz to 5ghz?
Interesting! I changed my wifi from both 2.5ghz to 5ghz to just 2.5 because even though it was fibre it was painfully slow. That fixed it but some devices can't connect anymore

I've gone back to previous running apps that work. I'm not going to pay £20 per month for the Peloton app if it keeps freezing when I start the treadmill 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

Interesting! I changed my wifi from both 2.5ghz to 5ghz to just 2.5 because even though it was fibre it was painfully slow. That fixed it but some devices can't connect anymore
Some devices can’t connect to 2.5 or 5? We have ours set for 2.5 and if that signal gets poor our devices jump to 5 (which is normally the case cos our BB is rubbish).