Why are you proud of yourself this year?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I passed my driving test after years of thinking i would never pass!

and you should be proud thats amazing xxxx
Thank you so much šŸ„° well done for passing your test, I only passed a couple of years ago and I'm so glad I did it xxx

I passed my Mortgage and Protection Advice exams and became CeMAP qualified.... and my bosses gifted me 6% equity in the business! I also managed to keep myself sane and my 2year old entertained throughout lockdown.
Our wedding has been postponed though šŸ’”

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Really good thread!

Proud that we finally got our new kitchen (after 5 years since buying and the kitchen was very old)

No travel or fun in 2020 has had one upside for me at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We finally extended our house and did some major DIY we have avoided due to the mess. Still not finished though, but given we canā€™t have anyone in the house (tier 2) I donā€™t really care šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ahhh. I felt really ā€œin a rutā€ with WFH during summer I applied for a Masters degree and was accepted- much to my shock.

Just found out today my company have accepted my business case and are funding the full thing! Absolutely DELIGHTED. The course is very worthwhile and relevant in my industry but Iā€™m proud of myself for just going for it and asking for funding. Itā€™s saved me Ā£8k. šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

• Heart
I had not driven a car for over 4 years, I purchased a car in lockdown and redeployed as a covid 19 tester!! I am more confident with driving as the trafic built up slowly. I may never have had the confidence to drive again unless 2020 gave me the oppertunity to do somthing really possitive and ease myself into driving. The roads are a very different place than they were 6 months ago!!

• Heart
Had my third baby in January. My partner and I delivered her by ourselves in the bathroom as it was a very quick.

Iā€™ve finally started to learn to drive and have a test at the end of the year. Never thought I would but we want to move out the city.

Iā€™ve been thinking about returning to education and this thread has inspired me. Thank you!

• Heart
This might sound stupid but i can finally do my eyebrows.they never bothered me before but now they have shape and colour so proud of myself for that one.

And I'm getting better at self confidence and feel I'm still learning to know who i am after the loss of my boyfriend

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Apologies if a thread like this has already been made

This year has been miserable! I guess some good as well though? I was just thinking of what I've done this year that I'm actually proud of.

I've given birth to my first child, totally surprised myself with how well I've done. It was a bit of a rocky start due to giving birth right before lockdown and my boyfriend working alot. I didnt see any family and was on my own a lot. I really struggled but feel like I've come out on the other side and I'm really enjoying Motherhood.

I also learnt to cook! My boyfriend owns a pub and is a chef there part time when he's not being manager. He always did the cooking. He used to laugh at me and say all I could make was toast. I was determined when I found out I was pregnant that I'd learn how to cook. Low and behold - i did! My fella never makes tea anymore, only because I enjoy it and I want to do it.

I was just starting tonights tea and was feeling pleased with myself and proud of them two things šŸ˜‚

I love hearing good and happy things and wanted to know what others are proud of themselves for after this year? Or what is making them happy šŸ˜Š
Our babies are similar ages, mine was born on lockdown day. Well done Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™d have navigated being a first time mum in these times. That being said being a 3rd time mum with two kids suddenly off school and a newborn was not easy either! I got pnd the first two times but this time I havenā€™t and Iā€™m proud of myself for how well Iā€™ve coped, not that I could have helped pnd. I actually feel like lockdown helped me out there. All the reasons my pnd existed before kind of disappeared in lockdown. I become time obsessed, but time literally did not exist in lockdown. I hate judgemental comments from in laws, but they couldnā€™t visit so I was left to raise my child as I wished in peace. Iā€™ve always really struggled with b/f Iā€™ve tried really hard each time, but this time I managed to pump for 6 months which Iā€™m so proud of. There was no school run or visits or baby classes I had to schedule pumping around I could just do it whenever I needed to. So whilst itā€™s not something I would like to do again I am proud of myself for getting through (so far).

• Heart
Our babies are similar ages, mine was born on lockdown day. Well done Iā€™m not sure how Iā€™d have navigated being a first time mum in these times. That being said being a 3rd time mum with two kids suddenly off school and a newborn was not easy either! I got pnd the first two times but this time I havenā€™t and Iā€™m proud of myself for how well Iā€™ve coped, not that I could have helped pnd. I actually feel like lockdown helped me out there. All the reasons my pnd existed before kind of disappeared in lockdown. I become time obsessed, but time literally did not exist in lockdown. I hate judgemental comments from in laws, but they couldnā€™t visit so I was left to raise my child as I wished in peace. Iā€™ve always really struggled with b/f Iā€™ve tried really hard each time, but this time I managed to pump for 6 months which Iā€™m so proud of. There was no school run or visits or baby classes I had to schedule pumping around I could just do it whenever I needed to. So whilst itā€™s not something I would like to do again I am proud of myself for getting through (so far).
Thank you! Having a baby during lockdown was hard. I was lucky I was just before and was able to have my partner with me. We were able to see a few family members before actually lockdown happened but it was still hard because I didnt have like my Mum or MIL visiting to fuss over him and give me a break. We didn't see a HV or a midwife. I got a womb infection and just got fobbed off so spent a lot of the newborn phase ill. Everyone who has had a baby through lockdown deserves a pat on the back and more!!!

Well done to you too lovely xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Iā€™m proud of coming through a sad break-up during Covid. Thought I wouldnā€™t cope without my now ex but Iā€™ve achieved so much during the past 6 months - passed my PhD upgrade (means I can continue with my research for next 3 years), started driving lessons and just became a more confident person! Also found Tattle šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 4