Why are you proud of yourself this year?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if a thread like this has already been made

This year has been miserable! I guess some good as well though? I was just thinking of what I've done this year that I'm actually proud of.

I've given birth to my first child, totally surprised myself with how well I've done. It was a bit of a rocky start due to giving birth right before lockdown and my boyfriend working alot. I didnt see any family and was on my own a lot. I really struggled but feel like I've come out on the other side and I'm really enjoying Motherhood.

I also learnt to cook! My boyfriend owns a pub and is a chef there part time when he's not being manager. He always did the cooking. He used to laugh at me and say all I could make was toast. I was determined when I found out I was pregnant that I'd learn how to cook. Low and behold - i did! My fella never makes tea anymore, only because I enjoy it and I want to do it.

I was just starting tonights tea and was feeling pleased with myself and proud of them two things 😂

I love hearing good and happy things and wanted to know what others are proud of themselves for after this year? Or what is making them happy 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Good post. I think this year has been a complete right-off for many of us especially in terms of good news.

The only real highlight for me was passing a couple of really hard Microsoft certification exams (I work in IT)

Other than that I am just pleased that my family, relations and close friends are in good health and not had the covid virus (touch wood)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've been a smoker for 12 years now and decided to quit during quarantine. I started smoking when I was 15 and I decided I don't want to go into my thirties as a smoker.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not completely clean.. I have the odd cigarette on a Saturday night with a drink (never more than 3) and yes, I did get a vape so I'm using that quite a lot as a crutch.

But most days, I'm not smoking at all! Gone from have 5 - 8 cigarettes a day, to nothing :)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Learning to cook way more things
Getting a job I’d wanted for a few years - I’d been avoiding looking for a new one cos of self doubt etc but lockdown gave me a kick in the bum to do it :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m a mature student and passed an A Level I needed to apply for university.

I had pretty much given up and didn’t think I’d ever have the grade for apply for uni

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Weird one maybe but I'm proud of getting though the homeschooling lockdown, we had tears and a few bad moments where I thought what a nightmare but my daugther got an amazing report from school saying how impressed they were with what she had done at home.

(As good as I feel for that please don't close schools again)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm proud that I put my foot down, let them know that I wasn't happy with the idea and refused to go to my mother-in-laws birthday in July. I'm proud that I put myself first and decided that I wasn't putting my health at risk by attending a party of 100+ people in the middle of a pandemic.

A few years ago, I'd have gone because I'd have felt I had to in order to be polite and not upset any of them, but not anymore. I'm in the bad books with most of them now, but as my sister-in-law (well, technically she's my brother-in-law's ex wife, but we always got on well and still do) said to me "And do you give a tit?" Do I fairycakes!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had my first baby too! Juggled getting a puppy, going back to work, running a property business and renovating our house without completely losing my mind (yet), so I'm proud of myself about that 😊

• Heart
I returned to work. I had a massive breakdown in March. It had been building for a long time but covid pushed me over the edge. I told my manager I wasn't coming back but she told me not to hand in my notice and wait a while. I had very little (no) help from my mental health team but my gp was lovely and managed to get me going outside again, and occy health got me some telephone counselling. With the help of my friends and manager I returned back to work in June and am still going. I'm still not great and I don't think I'll stay there long term but I'm feeling proud I've gone back.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Love hearing these stories.
I stuck to a 16 week fitness programme for the first time ever and lost a stone and a half (the only good thing that came from lockdown- didn’t have any excuses not to do it 😂 )
I started the year with my anxiety the worst it’s ever been, depressed and not wanting to be here anymore. I stopped putting off going back to the doctor, had my antidepressants increased and made other changes, and I’m now in a much better place 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm now just over half way through my law degree with the Open University, I wasn't expecting good grades for the year just completed as I has a cervical cancer scare at the start of the year so my mind wasn't really focused. I'm really proud of myself though because I've achieved distinction, distinction, distinction, which in OU speak means I'm on my way to a 1st class degree. I'm so pleased that despite going through the worst experience of my life, I didn't let it affect my study.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have been very unwell since the beginning of September and thanks to a fantastic employer and the adjustments made to support me (and me being a stubborn mare) I've not have not had a day off work.
I'm very proud of that, because there's been days where I've sobbed with pain and I'm still going. 👍
The other thing I'm proud of is one of my kids came 2nd in the year for literacy attainment (missing out on top by 1 mark) and considering how home schooling in lockdown was so difficult, I'm extra chuffed with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mine are pretty insignificant compared to everyone else's but....

I mastered the art of egg poaching! Proper proud of myself for that one 🤣

And I also overcame my fear of motorways. I only passed my test a few years ago and mainly do local journeys. But this year I drove the family 2 hours to the South Coast (nearly ran over a pedestrian but we won't mention that!) and have mastered the 3.5 hour drive alone (which was always my fear having no one in the car with me!) to my partner's house.

• Heart
I found out I had breast cancer Jan, had 2 ops chemo and radiotherapy all alone because of covid, also home schooled my children during it all and am now back at work full time. I feel proud of how I've dealt with it all 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I passed my driving test after years of thinking i would never pass!

I found out I had breast cancer Jan, had 2 ops chemo and radiotherapy all alone because of covid, also home schooled my children during it all and am now back at work full time. I feel proud of how I've dealt with it all 😊
and you should be proud thats amazing xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Because I somehow kept my anxiety and my children's anxiety under control through the type of event that has caused me literal nightmares for three decades - a global pandemic - and we're in pretty good shape to survive the second wave, I think - at least in emotional terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 1