Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - New vs Old version

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else find the new version presented by Jeremy Clarkson has really easy questions compared to the old one with Chris Tarrant? With the Tarrant version I could usually answer up to £500-£1000 confidently without just “guessing” a random answer (but admittedly I was younger when this version aired).

But on the Clarkson version, the questions just seem much easier. I consistently score between £8k-£32k through confident answers and educated guesses. I’ve seen loads of contestants get up to £250-£500k too whereas it seemed more rare on the old version.

To test the theory I watched a couple of repeats of the old version on Challenge or some other channel, and the questions just seemed so much harder, and I couldn’t get further than £2000 without guessing.

I know the questions are random and any question is easy if you know the answer but has anyone else who has seen both versions thought the same and that the new version could even be seen as a “dumbed down” version for modern times?

If it’s just me I’ll see myself out but I’m interested if anyone else thought this

I have watched the new episodes recently and done pretty well. I haven't see the Chris Tarrant episodes in years so I can't comment on that. I do prefer Jeremy Clarkson as a presenter, although the 'ask a presenter' lifeline is useless haha.

Reactions: 4
I have watched the new episodes recently and done pretty well. I haven't see the Chris Tarrant episodes in years so I can't comment on that. I do prefer Jeremy Clarkson as a presenter, although the 'ask a presenter' lifeline is useless haha.
If you watch the new version and feeling pretty pleased with yourself at how well you did, switch over to ChallengeTV for the Chris Tarrant version afterwards and see how fast you crash back down to reality :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I quite like the new one, I have found myself shouting at the screen 'oh come on that's easy' but I guess its what you know. Im going to have to watch a old version now and see how hard it is :giggle:

I like the new version and like Clarkson presenting although I haven’t seen him do very well on the ‘ask a host’ lifeline. 🤣
I take it when they’re asked if they want to set their safety net at a certain amount that can’t be changed?

I’ve not seen the old version for years but liked Tarrant as a presenter too.

I watched the drama, Quiz, about the cheating scandal and enjoyed it. The actor who played Tarrant was spot on!

To anyone watching it on ITV now, there’s a “classic” episode on at 9 on the Sony Channel (Freeview 48) if you want to compare 😋

Reactions: 1
I really like the new one. I like Jeremy Clarkson presenting the show. I also love you can use Jeremy as a lifeline 😂

Reactions: 1
I like them both (older ones on both Challenge and Sony channels), the trouble with the older ones is that the questions have dated slightly, so it's harder to answer what were probably "easier" questions then.

My favourite bit is always the waving though :D👐

Reactions: 2
Hubby went on it last year and won £64k....it would have been £128k if he’d been brave enough to take a risk. Then again I was sat in the audience repeating in my head “take the money and run, take the moment and run” 😂😂

The girl that went on after him won £32k, she was a plumber and Clarkson made a comment about how rare she was “wow a female plumber and you’re not Polish” 😯. I was like “they will edit that out” and they did.

• Wow
Reactions: 4