White Lines - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
some people are asexual or they just don't like sex.
Thatā€™s not a good reason to criticise a show for depicting it! I thought youā€™d at least say it promotes irresponsible, meaningless sex or something. Not that I think simply showing drug taking let alone sex is any kind of criticism. It shows murder too, and a man disrespecting his father...: so ? Itā€™s a story? Itā€™s fine to be asexual but by the same token itā€™s also fine to have sex and show it onscreen, the thing that made all of us,from time to time. Even if most of us werenā€™t conceived in an orgy !

Iā€™ve almost finished the second epsiode and thought i was going to give up but from scanning here (scanning to avoid spoilers) Iā€™ve hesitantly decided to carry on. As a guilty pleasure donā€™t get me wrong, this show is ludicrous. The plot makes no sense , some of the character motivations are bizarre to say the least. The dialogue is 2/3 exposition. (Love how weā€™ve got Axel.s court case to explain his character and Zoeā€™s therapist sessions to explain hers)Lots of the salacious stuff is funny - just had the scene with the priest and the mother of the rich family...the Romanian drug dealers are total cliches... this is all scratching the surface. It is fun though. Thatā€™s the point of a guilty pleasure isnā€™t it ? Fun - oh and plenty of sex, drugs and a smattering of cartoonish violence / threats ā€œget me the drugs and money in 24 hours!ā€
But you get the feeling it knows a bit how stupid it is. The car chase at the start of ep3 is ludicrous but then subverts expectations to take the piss. Still though, itā€™s soo dumb . And that script -ā€œIā€™m going to Ibiza for a while little sisā€ , come with me and letā€™s go in the middle of night right now without telling anyone ok? Thatā€™s normal...Ah itā€™s great šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
I'm getting through it slowly but Boxer is šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„
I'm only on episode 3 so I dont want to spoiler myself too much. Just wondered if it's worth keeping going. ( boxer is hot!)I cant work out why the Spanish girlfriends family would care 22 years later why some irritating scrote from Manchester got murdered. Take it he has hidden depths!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm only on episode 3 so I dont want to spoiler myself too much. Just wondered if it's worth keeping going. ( boxer is hot!)I cant work out why the Spanish girlfriends family would care 22 years later why some irritating scrote from Manchester got murdered. Take it he has hidden depths!
Isnā€™t the implication that the father is bothered because the body was found on his land and thinks itā€™s a message along with an attempt to smear his name ? Then the son was good friends with him at one point ...why am I thinking they fell out over a girl when it was his sister ? But he also was seduced by the mother who uses sex as a weapon and seemingly only exists to instigate inappropriate hook ups...? So did they fall out over that ? I watched this the night before last and am realising I canā€™t remember half the plot. So the father thinks the son knows more than heā€™s let on which he probably does ...and Iā€™ve already forgotten who was that douchey DJ
the one who was murdered (edit-just maimed it turns out ) by the really loud music šŸ˜‚ (god itā€™s so ludicrous)?
Why is this show so confusing ? Going to have to watch ep4 I guess...

Last edited:
Isnā€™t the implication that the father is bothered because the body was found on his land and thinks itā€™s a message along with an attempt to smear his name ? Then the son was good friends with him at one point ...why am I thinking they fell out over a girl when it was his sister ? But he also was seduced by the mother who uses sex as a weapon and seemingly only exists to instigate inappropriate hook ups...? So did they fall out over that ? I watched this the night before last and am realising I canā€™t remember half the plot. So the father thinks the son knows more than heā€™s let on which he probably does ...and Iā€™ve already forgotten who was that douchey DJ
the one who was murdered (edit-just maimed it turns out ) by the really loud music šŸ˜‚ (god itā€™s so ludicrous)?
Why is this show so confusing ? Going to have to watch ep4 I guess...
It seems to be that sort of programme where you just go with it and ignore the terrible characterisation and plot holes! Yes I thought they explained it away as a 'reputation' thing. Maybe I'm assuming the family are drug dealers or dodgy in some way so have done a lot worse than killing some English kid that was shagging their daughter/ sister. The douchey dj was another random person who was accused of killing Axel.

It seems to be that sort of programme where you just go with it and ignore the terrible characterisation and plot holes! Yes I thought they explained it away as a 'reputation' thing. Maybe I'm assuming the family are drug dealers or dodgy in some way so have done a lot worse than killing some English kid that was shagging their daughter/ sister. The douchey dj was another random person who was accused of killing Axel.
Youā€™re right, Iā€™m not going to waste mental energy trying to discern some kind of carefully plotted story arc šŸ˜‚ The Sopranos this aint. But itā€™s so dreadfully silly, It does have its own charm. also knowing for sure the show is on in the joke and not taking itself too seriously - the car chase and speaker torture kind of confirmed that - I am sort of enjoying it . Oh and have we discussed Laurence Foxā€™s character?! Heā€™s so ridiculous he might be the funniest thing in it., the northern accent is the icing on the cake - is he meant to be one of axels friends from Manchester? Or is he some random other fella Iā€™m lost on that too?
and what the hell is happening with the guy she shot with the harpoon who switched and kicked her out ..? Tho I am guessing Iā€™ll work that out by the end of the epsiode... tho you never know. Whatā€™s his name again?

I presume Lawrence Fox is the tall guy that was arrested with Axel and the young Daniel Mays. I cant understand Harpoon guy. One day hes trying to drown him the next they're all buddies at a party. It's not explained at all. Theyve just moved on until no one is interested anymore!

Reactions: 1
Im on episode 5 of this. The English characters are all dreadful middle aged twats who haven't grown up. I'm losing interest in them. I had a bloody great time in the 90's and probably behaved idiotically quite a lot. I'm not still moronic 20 years later šŸ˜
I still like the Spanish characters. the subtitled bits are more interesting.

Reactions: 3
I presume Lawrence Fox is the tall guy that was arrested with Axel and the young Daniel Mays. I cant understand Harpoon guy. One day hes trying to drown him the next they're all buddies at a party. It's not explained at all. Theyve just moved on until no one is interested anymore!
Yeah heā€™s the friend that axel got into smack, Iā€™ve seen a few more episodes now. I donā€™t know if I can cope with anymore of this show even for the lolz, j discovered a far better alternative in the umbrella academy which is actually well written and original so Iā€™m watching that for now.
One of the things that annoys me about white lines is the incredibly cliched contrived depiction of drug taking. In the way weā€™re all praisingā€˜I may destroy youā€™ for showing that kind of thing without heavy moralising ā€˜consequencesā€™ this is the opposite.
Iā€™ve never seen someone do a line and then deliberately hit their head as hard as they can. Or pull out their own tooth ?! With a crowd cheering them on ?!! Who are these people? anyone who takes drugs in this show is immediately punished which is a bit stupid when were supposed to believe their ā€˜mad fer itā€™ wreckheads too

Yeah heā€™s the friend that axel got into smack, Iā€™ve seen a few more episodes now. I donā€™t know if I can cope with anymore of this show even for the lolz, j discovered a far better alternative in the umbrella academy which is actually well written and original so Iā€™m watching that for now.
One of the things that annoys me about white lines is the incredibly cliched contrived depiction of drug taking. In the way weā€™re all praisingā€˜I may destroy youā€™ for showing that kind of thing without heavy moralising ā€˜consequencesā€™ this is the opposite.
Iā€™ve never seen someone do a line and then deliberately hit their head as hard as they can. Or pull out their own tooth ?! With a crowd cheering them on ?!! Who are these people? anyone who takes drugs in this show is immediately punished which is a bit stupid when were supposed to believe their ā€˜mad fer itā€™ wreckheads too
Umbrella academy is bloody brilliant. Sadly Ive already watched it but season 2 is due!