White House Farm murders

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Despite being a bit slow to start I thought the series was good.
I think JB's a manipulative narcissist... and a murderer.
Yep....a true psychopath. I now people who have had dealings with him. He’s manipulative to the core.
I gather he’s done some good stuff in prison though such as translating books to Braille etc.

i am as certain as I can be that he is guilty.

Reactions: 5
Great series. Perhaps not as snappy as others, but then, it's depicting an actual case and I guess they were sticking to the series of events rather than manipulating them to make a fast-paced tv show.

I know an ex-prison guard who knew Bamber well inside and he says he is totally guilty, based on what he knows about murderers and psychopaths etc after years of getting to know how they behave.

However, after this, and after watching many documentaries over the years I'm always left with the feeling his conviction rests on a lot of circumstantial evidence, but nay actual concrete evidence. If the case happened today there'd be better DNA evidence and much better police investigating, but if it happened today I don't reckon he'd be convicted if that was all the evidence they had.

Reactions: 3
I knew about this case before the show, and in my opinion he’s absolutely guilty. The man is a psychopath narcissist.

Reactions: 2
I've only just found this thread-is anyone still interested?
I found the series very slow and lost interest fairly quickly,however,living close to the scene and having
vivid memories of what took place it opened up some debate between a few friends and myself.

I found the series very slow and lost interest fairly quickly,however,living close to the scene and having
vivid memories of what took place it opened up some debate between a few friends and myself.
I'm still interested! What do you and your friends think?

im interested..the case has always intrigued me!
I liked the series as i found the slowless let you take in all the info , rather than the usual fast pace of dramatisations which bounce all over the place.
Is there still a lot of talk about it locally to you ?

im interested..the case has always intrigued me!
I liked the series as i found the slowless let you take in all the info , rather than the usual fast pace of dramatisations which bounce all over the place.
Is there still a lot of talk about it locally to you ?
Yes,you can normally find someone in a pub who knows something or someone involved.
I used to see Anne Eaton and her daughter about quite regularly but not since the program aired.

I'm still interested! What do you and your friends think?
We still have some heated discussions about it!!
I think he did it but with at least one accomplise.
I'm pretty sure it was in the drama that when Bamber was outside with the police waiting for backup one of the them saw somebody at a window.
Certain members of the family were disgruntled over finances and they particularly wanted to reclaim a property called Vaulty Manor (Wedding venue now). It was bought back by them in fairly recent times and is run by 'Janie' who is the little girl featured in the drama but her name had been changed.

Last edited:
Yes,you can normally find someone in a pub who knows something or someone involved.
I used to see Anne Eaton and her daughter about quite regularly but not since the program aired.

We still have some heated discussions about it!!
I think he did it but with at least one accomplise.
I'm pretty sure it was in the drama that when Bamber was outside with the police waiting for backup one of the them saw somebody at a window.
Certain members of the family were disgruntled over finances and they particularly wanted to reclaim a property called Vaulty Manor (Wedding venue now). It was bought back by them in fairly recent times and is run by 'Janie' who is the little girl featured in the drama but her name had been changed.
i dont think Ann Eaton came out of it looking to whiter than white either. she was very money orientated and came across quite nasty with her references to being a 'blood' relative with Jeremy and Sheila being adopted .

There’s a decent Louis Theroux produced documentary on this on sky catch up, the bambers: murder at the farm. It’s 4 parts.

Reactions: 4
There’s a decent Louis Theroux produced documentary on this on sky catch up, the bambers: murder at the farm. It’s 4 parts.
Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Was good to see and hear from the actual people there at the time, the cops, press, Secretary, family etc

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Was good to see and hear from the actual people there at the time, the cops, press, Secretary, family etc
I have the last ep to go too, I think ep4 is about the doubt that can be cast on his conviction.
I’m not sure if he’s guilty but I do believe there isn’t enough evidence for a solid conviction.

Reactions: 1
I think he's guilty.

Sheila definitely didn't do it.

Whoever killed the family fought with Neville and would have had injuries. Sheila had no injuries beyond the gunshot wounds which killed her. Her fingernails were also intact in the mortuary with unblemished nail polish. No gun oil or gunshot residue either. Definitely not the hands of someone who had fired 25 shots and reloaded the gun.

Whether Jeeemy actually did it or whether he paid someone else to do it is up for debate.

Because Jeremy set up the narrative he did, it could only have been Sheila who killed the family or Jeremy (or someone paid by Jeremy).

Ironically if he'd just stayed at home in bed he'd still be free.

Reactions: 5