Which news story has always stuck with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a bit confused by Gaia’s death - she was suffering from epilepsy and mental health problems due to her attacker being released from prison (?) and she was found naked but does anyone know what caused her to take her clothes off, was she having a breakdown?
Hypothermia I think. At a particular point people often feel very hot and take their clothes off.

Reactions: 2
For me princess dianas death - been out clubbing and put the telly on when we got home and also 9-11, was at work and someone came into our office and told us and we all sat watching the news all day on our computers in utter disbelief

Reactions: 1
This one: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/ne...e-middleway-birmingham-crash-inquest-14724670

I'll never forget it. It happened late at night and for some reason, people at the scene had taken pictures of the carnage (before police arrival or tents). The pictures were forwarded to me and they were upsettingly graphic. I'm not someone who cringes at the site of blood but these pictures were horrific. All the people who were died in this crash were ejected from their cars and the pictures showed them dead on the asphalt. One person was crushed underneath the black taxi - blood and belongings everywhere. I got those pictures at 3am and couldn't sleep the whole night.

I was so upset that someone had taken them pictures and even more angry at the fact tha they were then sent to me by a friend. No respect for anyone in involved or their families. I followed the whole case. It took so many twists and turns and just knowing all the different victims stories and how their deaths affected their families and loved ones really got to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This one: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/ne...e-middleway-birmingham-crash-inquest-14724670

I'll never forget it. It happened late at night and for some reason, people at the scene had taken pictures of the carnage (before police arrival or tents). The pictures were forwarded to me and they were upsettingly graphic. I'm not someone who cringes at the site of blood but these pictures were horrific. All the people who were died in this crash were ejected from their cars and the pictures showed them dead on the asphalt. One person was crushed underneath the black taxi - blood and belongings everywhere. I got those pictures at 3am and couldn't sleep the whole night.

I was so upset that someone had taken them pictures and even more angry at the fact tha they were then sent to me by a friend. No respect for anyone in involved or their families. I followed the whole case. It took so many twists and turns and just knowing all the different victims stories and how their deaths affected their families and loved ones really got to me.
Did you stay friends with the person who sent you them?

that's awful. This was featured on one of those BBC series wasn't it? something like 'ambulance' or 'hospital' where they follow the emergency services.

Reactions: 6
that's awful. This was featured on one of those BBC series wasn't it? something like 'ambulance' or 'hospital' where they follow the emergency services.
Yes it was! I couldn't watch it. My cousin did say it was incredibly sad.

Did you stay friends with the person who sent you them?
Nope. We weren't friends tbh thats why I was so angry at being sent it unprovoked. We were in a group chat for uni at the time.

That’s awful about the photos!

I remember it too. I was out in Birmingham that night with my sister for a Christmas night out. My mum had called us early in the morning as she was worried it was us .

That’s awful about the photos!

I remember it too. I was out in Birmingham that night with my sister for a Christmas night out. My mum had called us early in the morning as she was worried it was us .
Yeah, that was such a weird morning as I live not far from Bham. I had so many people send me the article asking if I've heard what happened. The worst part is there are still no railings, cameras or anything on that underpass.

On a lighter note, this always stayed with me as one of the most random things I ever read. Kosovans apparently rate Tony Blair so much for his role in the Balkan war that a whole load of them have been called 'Tonibler'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Most of mine have already been mentioned but the death of Jordan hurling in Leeds has always haunted me. It seems he rotted to death after being neglected by family members

The other is the death of chris brahney in Manchester a few years ago. He went missing after a gig in Heaton park and was then seen on cctv in Manchester City centre before being found in the canal. There was never really a reason given as to what happened to him. His poor family and friends appeals have always stuck with me.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

I know the family of the couple that died. That's dreadful.

This one stuck with me because I lived nearby at the time and was the same age https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_minibus_crash

Reactions: 4
I can never forget the case of Daniel Pelka who was 6 and in the months leading up to his death he was severely beaten and starved by his mum and stepdad. He was so hungry he was caught stealing food from bins at school and apparently looked like a concentration camp victim, but nothing was done. Broke the heart reading about the case and I still get upset thinking about it now 😓
We heard about the ins and outs of this case in recent safeguarding training through work. There was a video showing testimony from his sister - I’m a hard witch and not much gets to me but it was hideous and I cried for the first time ever in safeguarding training 😬

RE: Amy Lynn Bradley did a marine or something say he was in the Caribbean and a prostitute say she was Amy and he didn’t go to the police? That makes me feel physically sick.
There’s an episode of the podcast Casefile about this case and it’s really good

• Sad
Alan Hawe, the man from Cavan who stabbed his wife and children to death before committing suicide. The MIL was due to see her daughter and 2 of her grandsons that morning but they didnt show up so she went round to the house. The husband had left a note on the door warning people not to come inside and to call the Gardai.

He'd decided to kill himself but didn't want to deprive his children of a father so killed them too.

• Sad
I'll also never forget when there canoe story came out where they had been pretending the dad had died

I've just listened to a 3 part podcast on Josef Fritzel and learned so much, Elizabeth is an incredible woman. I knew the basics of the case but how she survived what she did and got her kids up daily and homeschooled them and tried to make their life as normal as possible Is incredible.
I listened to this to... Red-handed?? Love those girls! Really sad case :-(

The murder of Joanna Yates in 2010 really freaked me out. She was a couple of years older than I am, and was killed by her neighbour. They suspected the landlord for a while (and he was quite dodgy looking) - it was a bit of a trial by media, but the neighbour confessed in the end. They used to show cctv footage of her going to the shop to buy her dinner on her way home, then her boyfriend got back and she had disappeared. I still don’t really know what happened but she probably trusted the neighbour and had maybe let him in?

There’s another case where a young woman was murdered by her neighbour, I can’t remember her name. She was on her way home from a night out and for some reason got out of the taxi and spent a long time sitting on a bench. Then they found her body in the river and the neighbour was arrested for her murder. I just can’t think what she would have been doing and how she ended up in the hands of that monster. It’s so scary.

Another one I think of sometimes is one I saw ages ago on crime watch. It was a kidnapping where a woman was thrown into the back of a van but was able to send a text message to alert somebody, they tracked it for a while but eventually the phone was turned off. If anyone know what case this was I’d love to know so I can read about it again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.