Which chains are on your fast food blacklist?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's grim but standard. You should see the big buckets of slop KFCs produce arrives in.

Reactions: 1
Not a fan of Subway- it’s always just a bit meh. Although the cookies are pretty good.

I can’t get behind Byron burger. The one in my local area had sooo many environmental complaints because the area behind the restaurant was absolutely covered in grease with a tonne of waste and attracting vermin.

Never been a fan of Frankie and Bennys- it feels like over priced microwave food and the birthday song being on every 5 minutes should be listed as a torture method.

I used to love Chiquitos until once I went and an hour later developed a stomach bug (don’t think it was food related or anything). Ever since I haven’t been able to go back.

Anyone else hate the birthday thing they do at Frankie and Benny’s? Really annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Subway - Got a meatball carbonara one day and ended up with the shits and a sick stomach, put it down to the actual shop (as it wasn’t a real store, only a deli counter at the back of a newsagents) so I let it pass. Went to an entirely different subway months later and the same thing happened 🤷🏼‍♀️

KFC - only thing I ever really get from there is the popcorn chicken on the rare occasion I do get it so I didn’t know it had such a bad rep?

It’s not a chain but my husband and I got horrendous food poisoning from a local independent pizza place we’ve been visiting for 20+ years. We were friendly with the manager too, but haven’t been back since. Too scared!

KFC - only thing I ever really get from there is the popcorn chicken on the rare occasion I do get it so I didn’t know it had such a bad rep?
You're going to hate my story....so sorry in advance. 🙏

TRIGGER WARNING: VOMITING

A number of years ago I was going to a concert with a couple of friends; the concert venue was a couple of hours away from the town we lived in so we were getting a coach there which was picking us up from our town centre KFC. My friends decided to have a meal from KFC so we could eat inside there and wait for the coach to come. I got the popcorn chicken meal, I don't think I ever had a KFC prior to this (I was always a Mcdonalds girl 😜) so I just randomly picked it. I noticed it tasted a bit odd and was lukewarm but didn't think much of it at the time 😖 Fast forward a couple of hours later we were at the concert venue (it was outdoor in a field) when just before the singer is due to come on I start to feel funny; I go to the portable toilets (which were disgusting) and I pretty much stayed there the whole concert vomiting my guts out and on the coach back I sat at the back with a plastic bag with my head down :sick::sick::sick: Food poisoning is a witch!!

Safe to say never been near a KFC since. :cautious: Obviously I also learned a lesson if I bite into my food and it tastes a bit odd and is lukewarm when its supposed to be hot then take it back!!!!!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Not returning to KFC any time soon - had one yesterday evening (Sunday night, not many other places were open) and feel like absolute garbage today.

Reactions: 5
Cost/Starbucks - soulless places. Tables and floors always look sticky, unclean, crumbs on seats and floors. Just wiped over rather than cleaned properly

Nandos - underwhelming. Much ado about nothing

Reactions: 7
Chiquitos
I thought they’d closed down 😦 I remember going to the only one I’ve ever seen at the 02 years ago and it was meh.

Zizzi, Frankie and Bennys & any other chavvy tit place that’s dressed up as more than a microwave meal.

Dominos - Rubbish pizza that I’d never order. Boring topping choices and boring sides. 😴

I don't know what's going on with the dominos near me but they've got very tight with the toppings. The last medium I order had slices without mushrooms.

Luckily papa John's is nearby and more generous with their toppings.

KFC has went downhill. Just, yeah, I don’t enjoy it and won’t be back.

Frankie & Benny’s was good back in the day, but the quality definitely dropped. Took my children once and they wouldn’t even eat the usual chicken nuggets and chips. Food was cold and just not worth it.

Pizza Hut is dire. The pizza always looks like the cheap ones you get in the frozen aisle of a supermarket and don’t even get me started on their salad bar.

Subway - having to take an aptitude test to get your lunch is just not worth it. It’s usually rubbish too.

Wetherspoons - I don’t actually expect their food to be of the highest quality and it doesn’t surprise me that it’s just cheap ready meals tbh. I wouldn’t go out of my way to have dinner there though, I’d rather make it at home.

Reactions: 4
KFC has went downhill. Just, yeah, I don’t enjoy it and won’t be back.

Frankie & Benny’s was good back in the day, but the quality definitely dropped. Took my children once and they wouldn’t even eat the usual chicken nuggets and chips. Food was cold and just not worth it.

Pizza Hut is dire. The pizza always looks like the cheap ones you get in the frozen aisle of a supermarket and don’t even get me started on their salad bar.

Subway - having to take an aptitude test to get your lunch is just not worth it. It’s usually rubbish too.

Wetherspoons - I don’t actually expect their food to be of the highest quality and it doesn’t surprise me that it’s just cheap ready meals tbh. I wouldn’t go out of my way to have dinner there though, I’d rather make it at home.
I used to think Spoons was okay but the last few I had were literally barely edible. Definitely now on the blacklist.

My husband got food poisoning from KFC last week. Up until then, it was his go to place for a takeaway. Funnily enough it was never mine.
Coffee shop chains in general are overpriced. Would rather support my local independent coffee shops and National Trust cafes when I visit their places.
*Edit* just want to add, I admire Boston Tea Party with banning single use cups and you must bring your own or have one loaned out from them. But they never cover their cakes on display! Flies are always on them in the summer 😭

Last edited:
  • Sad