Which blogger is this posting about us on Mumsnet?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely curious. Mumsnet is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. Was reading a thread where the OP asked what jobs people do who work from home and this was one of the answers.

A real blogger doing useful, unique and valuable content doesn't really get any "trolls". Got to be an instamum that makes money off ADs and is annoying on instagram rather than blogging.

Doesn't quite match up that they have a team, but sell on ebay and betting things on the side. I'd guess one of them that runs events every couple of months.

Reactions: 10
Can you imagine being asked what you do for a living and answering ‘blogger’?
I’d rather tell people I was fraudulently claiming benefits than have to describe myself as a blogger.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
They always make out they make money from ‘blogging’ but actually the money is from doing ads.

Making money by blogging about being on maternity leave is a complete myth !

Reactions: 6
Emma Drew?
Hadn't heard of her before, but has to be.

Her post reads like an ad for blogging (trying to make out its an easy way to make money) and no surprise she sells ebooks on blogging. Her blog mentions betting and ebaying.

“I’ve trained people who are dyslexic”😡😡😡😡 who the Fu@k does she think she is!!

Dyslexic people don’t need “TRAINING” we are not dogs!!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hadn't heard of her before, but has to be.

Her post reads like an ad for blogging (trying to make out its an easy way to make money) and no surprise she sells ebooks on blogging. Her blog mentions betting and ebaying.
Apparently she makes a six figure sum from her online activity and her side hustles...know who I will be contacting when I’m on maternity leave!

Must be Emma Drew, I think she's the only money/finance 'blogger' who has a thread here?

It’s definitely Emma Drew

I don’t think I have ever been so angry about a so called “influencer/blogger”!

Educate yourself Emma Drew!!!

Reactions: 1
Shell and the littles maybe?? She had a thread about her following and unfollowing 100s of accounts & got rightly slated for it

It's going to be Emma Drew. She does all those things and is obsessed with princesses.

I work in the gaming industry. I think this lady deplorable for encouraging people to gamble as a way to earn easy cash.

Matched betting is not guaranteed. It's not a job. Sign up offers usually give free bets as an incentive to join the site and before you can withdraw you have to meet a wager. People can and do lose money trying this.

The only winner would be the lady who 'teaches' her online course. I'm my opinion this is quite scammy and most of her information can most likely be found on open betting blogs.

Totally immoral.

Edit: I call bullshit on her claims that she has been able to earn 9k since 2015. This type of thing relies mainly on sign up offers, it's 2019. How many UK betting sites are there? She can't sign up more than once as it breaches terms and would be flagged as a bonus abuser.

Emma Drew feel free to inbox me your proof.

I'm disgusted.

She also earns money from affiliate links as well as her course. Though she may need to update that article as the links have most likely expired now. Which also means she's advertising incorrect information. 'Earn up to £200' may no longer be true.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Must be emma! She was acting shady on MN about revealing her blog name, but she did say she mainly blogs about ‘personal finance’ 😂

She seems like the kind of person that would be selling shovels during a gold rush with false promises and the only one to make any money. Probably does make decent money if she gets the traffic - finance stuff pays juicy affiliate amounts.

Her affiliate disclaiming seems like it needs updating, just a paragraph in the footer isn't sufficient these days.

Dunno how I ended up on this thread, but it's definitely possible to make a grand a month matched betting. You're only going to lose money if your maths isn't up to scratch or you are gambling as well. I make a few hundred a month just dipping in and out at weekends.

Can you imagine being asked what you do for a living and answering ‘blogger’?
I’d rather tell people I was fraudulently claiming benefits than have to describe myself as a blogger.
Tbh a lot are fraudulently claiming 🤷🏻‍♀️

Every other post of hers is about her amazing course! It’s so expensive and preys on people who may be desperate to make cash so they buy into it! Let’s not even begin about her “Gorgeous Tony!”